Does anyone else like the current band members better than Axl?

Georgy Zhukov

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Bumblefoot is the best and most talented member of the band. I am Ron's number one fan.

bale-kermit.gif?w=490

Without Axl noone would know or care what/who these guys are. Axl could have a whole diff line up in 5 years and it's be "the best ever" accd to a lot of people here. I'm just sayin......

QFT

Yeah, absolutely.

I didn't know who any of these guys were before they were hired by Axl (except for Tommy, but I was never a huge Replacemets fan anyway) and I won't care what they do after they leave. The only thing that makes this band even remotely interesting for me anymore is Axl.

Without Axl noone would know or care what/who these guys are. Axl could have a whole diff line up in 5 years and it's be "the best ever" accd to a lot of people here. I'm just sayin......

QFT

Yeah, absolutely.

I didn't know who any of these guys were before they were hired by Axl (except for Tommy, but I was never a huge Replacemets fan anyway) and I won't care what they do after they leave. The only thing that makes this band even remotely interesting for me anymore is Axl.

Not even Bucket or Bumble? I mean, I'm not saying people necessarily should have - but people like Freese, Mantia, Fortus and known and respected in and around the industry as session musicians at the very least prior to their membership in Guns.

QFT

Yeah, absolutely.

Not even Bucket or Bumble? I mean, I'm not saying people necessarily should have - but people like Freese, Mantia, Fortus and known and respected in and around the industry as session musicians at the very least prior to their membership in Guns.

Bucket was in the band a decade ago. Many of the people praising him today were like 8, 9, 10 years old. They knew who he was back then or before his time in Guns? He wasn't in any Disney movies or a Power Ranger, so I highly doubt it. I didn't, and I certainly had no idea who Ron was either. Did these guys at the time have their little cult following, I'm sure, but certainly GNR is what made them more "mainstream", on the forums at least.

QFT

Yeah, absolutely.

Bucket was in the band a decade ago. Many of the people praising him today were like 8, 9, 10 years old. They knew who he was back then or before his time in Guns? He wasn't in any Disney movies or a Power Ranger, so I highly doubt it. I didn't, and I certainly had no idea who Ron was either. Did these guys at the time have their little cult following, I'm sure, but certainly GNR is what made them more "mainstream", on the forums at least.

I don't disagree with the mainstream comment - but I think those who have an interest in the merits of playing an instrument well will have stumbled across them and their talents. Fair play if you didn't - was just a question!

Guest Broskirose
It's already been established he has a much higher range, even by Soulmonster (who you claim has said otherwise).

Uhm, no, I haven't said that at all.

Sure, it's been established Ron can go higher by pretty much everyone. That is all I said.

Funny how the whistle register which is arguably the hardest thing for males to do singing-wise is now considered awful. If Axl could do it (and let me remind everyone again that he has not, can not and will not) it would be the best thing ever.

Also, the clip Bruno posted is not "Mickey Mouse". It's an opera style vocal that actually takes power and talent. Axl running around screaming like a little deaf girl is certainly Mickey worthy though.

I prefer Axl's high pitched voice to the lower pitched voice.

And no. Axl is the most interesting person in GnR, and he is the only reason I listen to the current version of GnR.

While these guys put on a great live show, and do a great job covering the old band's music, I wouldn't cry if any of them left.

I prefer Axl's high pitched voice to the lower pitched voice.

And no. Axl is the most interesting person in GnR, and he is the only reason I listen to the current version of GnR.

While these guys put on a great live show, and do a great job covering the old band's music, I wouldn't cry if any of them left.

This

Guest Broskirose

I'd cry a lot if Bumble even thought about leaving.

I'm sure he has many times. Can't blame him.

If he left it would be kind of alright with me. Give him more time to work on his solo stuff. I'm ready for a new Bumblefoot album. :thumbsup:

Not like the band is doing anything cool now anyways.

If he left it would be kind of alright with me. Give him more time to work on his solo stuff. I'm ready for a new Bumblefoot album. :thumbsup:

Well, he'd be a great loss and if him leaving means the return of the dark days, it'd be a fucking disaster.

Edited by The Only Cosmonaut

Guest Broskirose

Well, he'd be a great loss and if him leaving means the return of the dark days, it'd be a fucking disaster.

Eh, we're basically in the dark days now. The touring is just a diversion, but we're essentially in dark dark days.

Half the great players from 01 are gone. And the only thing we have to look forward to (if we're lucky) is a steaming pile of shitty Motley Crue sounding tracks written by DJ, or worse, a bunch of amazing songs from the CD sessions ruined by Cashba overdubs. If he so much as touches a Finck solo, I will officially quit on this band.

Edited by Broskirose

Eh, we're basically in the dark days now. The touring is just a diversion, but we're essentially in dark dark days.

Half the great players from 01 are gone. And the only thing we have to look forward to (if we're lucky) is a steaming pile of shitty Motley Crue sounding tracks written by DJ, or worse, a bunch of amazing songs from the CD sessions ruined by Cashba overdubs. If he so much as touches a Finck solo, I will officially quit on this band.

Dude, if they use the CD leftovers, they're gonna overdub it for sure. And the hate DJ gets from your guys songwriting wise is completely unfair. Robin Finck had NEVER put out a single song in his life and made Better with Axl. Now he's an awesome songwriter according to everyone. Paul Tobias NEVER wrote a single hit song in his life and made TWAT with Axl.

Guest Broskirose

Dude, if they use the CD leftovers, they're gonna overdub it for sure. And the hate DJ gets from your guys songwriting wise is completely unfair. Robin Finck had NEVER put out a single song in his life and made Better with Axl. Now he's an awesome songwriter according to everyone. Paul Tobias NEVER wrote a single hit song in his life and made TWAT with Axl.

I'm not comparing DJ and Robin's songwriting. I'm just saying DJ's writing is for cock rock bands. Not GNR.

I'm not comparing DJ and Robin's songwriting. I'm just saying DJ's writing is for cock rock bands. Not GNR.

Maybe with some Axl magic, something really cool might show up. Who knows?

DJ has a dark sound and that is cool, but it sounds too hardcore punk sometimes, I hope Axl can make it a little more complex when they start recording.

It's already been established he has a much higher range, even by Soulmonster (who you claim has said otherwise).

Sure, it's been established Ron can go higher by pretty much everyone. That is all I said.

Uhm, you actually said that I had established it ;).

As to the whistle register, I might enjoy it when it is in an aria, but not as some gimmick in rock singing. But hey, that is a personal opinion.

Guest Broskirose

As to the whistle register, I might enjoy it when it is in an aria, but not as some gimmick in rock singing. But hey, that is a personal opinion.

he barely even used it at all. i'd hardly call it a gimmick. But it's not about what you enjoy or what i endjoy. it's about technical ability. and whether you like the sound of it or not, being able to sing in whistle register for a male is certainly an acheivement.

he barely even used it at all. i'd hardly call it a gimmick. But it's not about what you enjoy or what i endjoy. it's about technical ability. and whether you like the sound of it or not, being able to sing in whistle register for a male is certainly an acheivement.

Absolutely. And it can be used to round up dogs.