6/14/2012 - TOULOUSE, FRANCE

Coma16

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another bitch fit.

How many do you know on this tour or since 2009?

What does 2009 or this tour have to do with anything. If you didn't realize that axl is notorious for throwing little bitch fits then you must be a new fan and should probably do a little history homework on the band.

Another bitch fit.

What does 2009 or this tour have to do with anything. If you didn't realize that axl is notorious for throwing little bitch fits then you must be a new fan and should probably do a little history homework on the band.

No actually you should do a little bit of research yourself on GN'R's more recent history and it will be amply evident that Axl has been in a very good mood so acting as if this was one of a continuous string of such events is ridiculous. We're obviously not living in the 90s. He's a human being though so once in a while a bad mood will happen and shouldn't come as a shock to anybody.

Another bitch fit.

No actually you should do a little bit of research yourself on GN'R's more recent history and it will be amply evident that Axl has been in a very good mood so acting as if this was one of a continuous string of such events is ridiculous. We're obviously not living in the 90s. He's a human being though so once in a while a bad mood will happen and shouldn't come as a shock to anybody.

Thanks for the suggestion but no need for homework here. I have been following Guns N Roses since probably before you even knew who Guns N Roses were and the fact remains that the new version of the band(2001 on) has had the same problems that the original band did In there prime. You can try and deny It to the bitter end, but facts are facts.

Another bitch fit.

Thanks for the suggestion but no need for homework here. I have been following Guns N Roses since probably before you even knew who Guns N Roses were and the fact remains that the new version of the band(2001 on) has had the same problems that the original band did In there prime. You can try and deny It to the bitter end, but facts are facts.

Your appreciation for "facts" is evident from the funny assumptions you presented in your post. :rolleyes:

Also, 2001 is a long time in the past but your being stuck in that year might explain why you're ignorant of the fact that Axl hs been in good moods throughout much of the 2006-7 tour and almost without fail in the 2009- now touring.

I was at the show, and Axl and all the band seemed to be having a great time, I think he threw the mic in disgust at his own sound crew, as there were a few problems on the night. I have a video of the end of the concert, I will upload it when I get a chance.

My assessment of the show, was that Richard Fortus is probably the most underrated member of that band. Whilst he certainly doesn't have the technical ability of Ron, I simply love Richards tone and scales that he uses, it sounds much more bluesy and less 'robotic' (for want of a better word) than Ron.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Ashba, as he is light years behind Ron and Richard in terms of style and ability. It is even embarrassing the way Ron has to take over when the solo's get too difficult. But that said, whatever Ashba plays, he plays it perfectly, even if it is basic pentatonics and power chords.

I was the only person in my area of the floor that knew any of the words of Democracy songs, but I think the crowd still enjoyed them. All the people I was with were complaining about the fact that Slash wasn't there, a few people even refused to go to the gig on the basis that it was only Axl Rose and hired hands. But I have to say, Richard won them ALL over by the end of the show, everyone was singing his praises. I am pretty sure that nuGNR won over a lot of fans tonight, but until they produce music on the same parity as the Illusions and Appetite they will simply not be recognised by the general public (not die hards) as a genuine band.

But my honest feeling is, that this current band could not write anything musically that would come anything close to Appetite or the Illusions. Richard is probably the only one who would come close to that natural vibe, but Richards own studio work is not exactly inspirational. I have the same feeling with Ron's work, its just not the right sound. I mean, 'So gald to be here' sounds like something off Monty Python for fucks sake. It has no relevance whatsoever (in my eyes) with GNR and if thats the best solo material he can pick out, it just reinforces my previous statements about this band being incapable of writing something that could give you that feeling you had the first time you heard the illusions or Appetite.

It was great concert, and I would definitely go again given the chance. But it is more based on nostalgia than anything else.

Guest Broskirose

I was at the show, and Axl and all the band seemed to be having a great time, I think he threw the mic in disgust at his own sound crew, as there were a few problems on the night. I have a video of the end of the concert, I will upload it when I get a chance.

My assessment of the show, was that Richard Fortus is probably the most underrated member of that band. Whilst he certainly doesn't have the technical ability of Ron, I simply love Richards tone and scales that he uses, it sounds much more bluesy and less 'robotic' (for want of a better word) than Ron.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Ashba, as he is light years behind Ron and Richard in terms of style and ability. It is even embarrassing the way Ron has to take over when the solo's get too difficult. But that said, whatever Ashba plays, he plays it perfectly, even if it is basic pentatonics and power chords.

I was the only person in my area of the floor that knew any of the words of Democracy songs, but I think the crowd still enjoyed them. All the people I was with were complaining about the fact that Slash wasn't there, a few people even refused to go to the gig on the basis that it was only Axl Rose and hired hands. But I have to say, Richard won them ALL over by the end of the show, everyone was singing his praises. I am pretty sure that nuGNR won over a lot of fans tonight, but until they produce music on the same parity as the Illusions and Appetite they will simply not be recognised by the general public (not die hards) as a genuine band.

But my honest feeling is, that this current band could not write anything musically that would come anything close to Appetite or the Illusions. Richard is probably the only one who would come close to that natural vibe, but Richards own studio work is not exactly inspirational. I have the same feeling with Ron's work, its just not the right sound. I mean, 'So gald to be here' sounds like something off Monty Python for fucks sake. It has no relevance whatsoever (in my eyes) with GNR and if thats the best solo material he can pick out, it just reinforces my previous statements about this band being incapable of writing something that could give you that feeling you had the first time you heard the illusions or Appetite.

It was great concert, and I would definitely go again given the chance. But it is more based on nostalgia than anything else.

Glad To Be Here is certainly not the best song he had to pick from, in fact I'm still a bit surprised he decided to go with that song.

Glad To Be Here is certainly not the best song he had to pick from, in fact I'm still a bit surprised he decided to go with that song.

A friend of mine who is a huge Ron fan (but not that bothered about GNR) was actually disappointed with Ron's solo spot. But he is now converted to Fortism, thats for sure rock1

Fortus Is great live and Ron is always the reliable workhorse, dj brings the showmanship.

You have a fair point about Ashba, to the untrained ear he sounds good, and he looks the part. He certainly gets the crowd going, you have to give him that. But are you going to get anything creative out of him? This illustrates my point better than any words can:

Put side by side, you can see clearly just how far behind Ashba really is.........