why did robin leave?

HisRoyalSweetness

deadslash.. yeah, i like to have a laugh at how fucked up gnr is. in case you're completely unaware, that's how the world outside of freaky obsessive forumland is. working in the entertainment field and hearing the behind the scenes stories of how fucked up axl is helped shape my opinion just as much as the one album of crappy music he's been able to create over the last generation. sorry if that upsets you. but your war is with the reality outside of the forum, not with the increasing number of fans and moderators and former band members who are willing to acknowledge it.

despite what they say about axl.....at least robin cared enough 2 try getting axl on stage on time for fans

and if you still enjoy GNR music from a previous generation, there are several sections where you can discuss it.

Be a dear and point out where in your name it says you are a forum moderator and can tell people where to post. Because I just can't seem to find it .

but why are you here?

why do you care? Are you writing a book? Taking a poll? Does it prevent you from expressing your own personal opinions? Quite the contrary I would think. Without the differing points of view, there would be no need for you to constantly state your own.

I know it's been said thousands of times, but there IS a forum where different opinions are not allowed, and everyone is as enamored with the band as you say you are. So why are you HERE? If I was a diehard nuGuns/Axl fan, that place would be fucking Utopia for me, I doubt that I would spend much time here whatsoever. Why would I want to spend time on a forum that allows criticism I feel is unwarranted? So you see, it's not the people who come here and voice their displeasure with the state of the band, who have the problem.

and if you still enjoy GNR music from a previous generation, there are several sections where you can discuss it.

Be a dear and point out where in your name it says you are a forum moderator and can tell people where to post. Because I just can't seem to find it .

but why are you here?

why do you care? Are you writing a book? Taking a poll? Does it prevent you from expressing your own personal opinions? Quite the contrary I would think. Without the differing points of view, there would be no need for you to constantly state your own.

I know it's been said thousands of times, but there IS a forum where different opinions are not allowed, and everyone is as enamored with the band as you say you are. So why are you HERE? If I was a diehard nuGuns/Axl fan, that place would be fucking Utopia for me, I doubt that I would spend much time here whatsoever. Why would I want to spend time on a forum that allows criticism I feel is unwarranted? So you see, it's not the people who come here and voice their displeasure with the state of the band, who have the problem.

5 stars.

if anyone's got any interesting behind-the-scenes stories of robin's role in the band and his eventual decision(s) to leave, share 'em here! the buckethead leaving thread was one of the best ones we've seen here in years. i want more!

here's the only story i have about robin... we have a mutual friend, and she says he's one of the nicest, sweetest, most humble dudes in the world. just a total sweetheart to the core. so naturally, axl's behavior could often rub him the wrong way. she told me a story about one time axl slipped on stage or had problems with his ear monitor. he raged backstage and blamed it on one of the crew guys. he took the dude's laptop and smashed it on the ground. robin (and possibly others in the band) threatened to quit if didn't replace the guy's computer, which he did. and robin stayed for a while longer.

i'd like to hear more behind-the-scenes about robin's time in gnr. now that chinese democracy has come and gone, i hope people are more willing to talk about the making of that album, and what was going on with the band members.

It's pretty awesome that you have a niche in trolling, and you have it down to a science.

Trolling in 4 easy steps with HisRoyalSweetness:

Step 1. Post a seemingly innocuous thread title like "Share your heart warming stories about..."

Step 2. Show everyone how awesome you are and tell them about your mutual friends with band members or the time you partied with Axl and he spilled his guts to you.

Step 3. Now that everyone's guard is down spring the cupcake trap on them and SHIT on Axl. Mission Trollcomplished! :thumbsup:

Step 4. Tie it all together with a sentence that links back to the headline.

cupcake sandwich complete.

Let me give you an example, kinda break it down. In this scenario you will replace Axl as the target. Watch what I do here and be amazed ...

Thread title: Does anyone have any cool behind the scene stories about Axl?

Thread content: I was hanging out with Ozzy at a club in NY a couple days after seeing GnR live and I saw Axl and DJ there. I said "Great show the other night guys, I can't believe you played 2 1/2 hours!" Axl was really chill about it and brought me into the VIP section. I told Ozzy I would meet up with him at the studio later and sat with Axl and DJ. They could not have been cooler. Axl was telling me how upsetting it was that some people simply could not let it go that the original line-up was done. He said it was really sad and incredible that it was pushing 2 decades since they put out music but some people hung on and trolled forums instead of getting on with their lives. We were still talking when HisRoyalSweetness came running up to the velvet rope separating the VIP's from the rest of the club. He was yelling "Please look at me! Pay attention to me!" and the bouncers started dragging him away(at least it looked like a him). Axl didn't acknowledge him. About 20 min later HisRoyalSweetness was back, stark naked with a bulls eye drawn on his ass with lipstick, running around the club begging people to look at him. "Someone, anyone, look at me!" He got tossed again, kicking and screaming the whole time. He was yelling at everyone who looked in the direction of the commotion "Please be my friend." ( when the night was over I saw HisRoyalSweetness crying in the parking lot when I left "You're a fucking loser." I said and he responded "I know, but you just looked at me and I feel relevant!" I just shook my head.) I finished my drink with Axl and he paid for Dj's drink and mine, he was really chill!

Anyway, that's my story about Axl, Does anyone else have any cool stories about him they can share? I'd like some insight on the recent leg of the tour.

Follow up post content: My friends (or myself on a different computer) post that they don't see the hidden agenda and anyone who posts to the contrary is "sensitive"

See what I did thar? See how I ninja'd that insult of you in there? I bet nobody could have guessed I had an agenda in that post. NOTE - I exaggerate your techniques to highlight them, so you don't have to post "I never said exactly that I was friends with Robin."

Just step up your fucking game if you're going to cupcake this hard and this fast. It's not so much that you are trolling that compels me to point it out, it's how fucking obvious you are.

Here are some tips:

1. Use more then a paragraph to sneak in your Axl barbs. It's not really ninja if it's 80% of the post, even when you mistitle the post. Someone can label dog shit as crumb cake, but you know it's not fucking crumb cake. You dig?

2. When you want to reset the same topic, but under a new thread name, wait more then a day. For example when you Posted "Do you think Axl plays CD as a fuck you to his fans?" You followed it up the next day with Your "Del James" post where you expertly snuck in "Axl told me he resents his fans." I will give you some credit that you didn't say "Axl told me he plays CD as a fuck you to the fans." but still. A wet t-shirt is a shirt, but we can still see those titties. People can't connect the dots if they are on top of each other. You dig

Brilliant post. My thoughts exactly and quite funny, too.

Ali

the one album of crappy music he's been able to create over the last generation

music quality is subjective. like whatever you like.

but if you haven't liked any GNR music from the last generation, why are you here?

there are beaches to enjoy. women to enjoy. substances to enjoy.

there are so many things to enjoy. why waste your time on a website devoted to something you don't enjoy?

but why are you here?

Because they want to annoy and bash band members and Axl because he never gave them the reunion they wanted. This place is not for them yet they come here everyday with the retarded argument "this is a forum" - yeah, like if nobody knows that they are here to start controversy and attack current GNR fans and band members. This is fucked up, I know, and that's why forum members never came back I suppose. They could be here talking to his fans but why would they since all we see here is a bitch fest?

These lyrics describe these "fans" perfectly...

How do I hate your face - well let me count the ways

Well there aint none at all - cause you aint nuthin to

me

My brain don't work so good - remind me when did I care

I don't see how I would - there just aint nuthin' there

You're with some other guy

And man does he look funny

I try to say hello

But he always takes off runnin'

Well he don't bother me

We're done and it don't matter

So why's he so afraid

Every time he sees me comin'

It must be something ya said

To try and fuck with his head

You must have told him I'm still into you

Another reason why - ya got such an apetite

For all that bad attention - for that I got no patience

I think that you and I are two words that don't belong

Two lines that never cross - and that's alright

because...

You're with some other guy

And man does he look funny

I try to say hello

But he always takes off runnin'

Well he don't bother me

We're done and it don't matter

So why's he so afraid

Every time he sees me comin'

It must be something ya said

To try and fuck with his head

You must have told him I'm still into you

Edited by Bruno Poeys

This place is not for them yet they come here everyday with the retarded argument "this is a forum" - yeah, like if nobody knows that they are here to start controversy and attack current GNR fans and band members.

No man that's incorrect. This place IS for us. It allows their members to express all different opinions, and we appreciate that.

You however appear not to appreciate different opinions. Therefore, it would seem that in reality, this is not a place for you.

This is fucked up, I know, and that's why forum members never came back I suppose. They could be here talking to his fans but why would they since all we see here is a bitch fest?

Yeah, they're not here talking with fans because they're spending all their time making thousands of posts on another forum where people can only express positive views about them. Oh wait, they don't bother posting there either. How fuckin weird is that?? derp, I guess there goes that theory, huh.

Huh? So I can't tell a thief it is wrong to steal because I am not a cop?

Why would you compare stealing to posting? Reality check: it's not the same thing.

Why would you compare stealing to posting? Reality check: it's not the same thing.

Yep, that was very stupid from SoulMonster.

Patience 4 Axl -

You must not have much going on in your life if you enjoy constant arguing over the personal subjective judgement of art.

No I'm good. But thanks for the concern.

My response is going to be, that's cool man, but if you're not a fan, why are you posting on a GNR fan site?

And my response is, Guns had several different versions. People are obviously fans of at least one of them if they are here. Like I said in another thread, this section is not called NuGuns N Roses - Positve Discussion & Good News. Until it is, you can either tolerate the different opinions about the different incarnations of the band, or you can go somewhere else where all posters feel as you do. Otherwise, it seems like you are the one who doesn't have much going on in his life if you continue with this urge to ponder why other posters are here.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

please don't hijack yet another thread with the same questions about how someone can be a fan of a band without liking one album they put out.

let's talk about why robin left. if you can't handle that topic of conversation, go cry about it elsewhere.

the mods locked plenty of threads. they chose to leave these open. if you're not a mod and just can't handle the stress of reading conversation you don't like, i think you need to take it upon yourself to start a forum of your own. soul monster and msl, for instance, have their own forums where they can lord over others and establish all the rules they want. yet they still come here and try to boss others around. to me, that seems far more bizarre and futile than fans of a band talking about one album they didn't like.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

please don't hijack yet another thread with the same questions about how someone can be a fan

You're right, sorry to derail the thread. If some people are so concerned as to why other posters are here, I'm sure there's another section of the forum they should be posting thier questions in.

please don't hijack yet another thread with the same questions about how someone can be a fan

You're right, sorry to derail the thread. If some people are so concerned as to why other posters are here, I'm sure there's another section of the forum they should be posting thier questions in.

or maybe they could start one thread to ask those questions. i'd be happy to explain how i like gnr without liking chinese democracy. or how i like kiss without liking elders. or how i like metallica without liking saint anger. or how i like certain sports teams, even when they have losing seasons. seems pretty self explanatory to me. but obviously it's difficult for some.

this thread is about why robin left. not sure why that's so threatening. especially by this point.

contrary to what msl says, i think there's lots of stories out there that can explain why robin left. i told one. now that mygnr is back, there's actually a forum where people who do have stories could tell them. i want to encourage that. obviously, i'm not hoping for an authoritative account as if it were from robin himself. but i know what our mutual friend said about his situation. i know that some people who were connected to bucket's group were able to share some stories they heard. i want to encourage that. i live in la and work in the entertainment field and have plenty of friends who do too. it's a small town, despite being a big city. it's not hard to meet people who've worked with gnr or have some bizarre connection you wouldn't expect. i think 10 years ago there was more of a desire to protect axl by keeping people from sharing stories about what all went on, or band gossip. but now that chinese democracy plopped out and has become a distant memory, i think maybe there's a chance we'll start hearing more stories about its making.

I live in the UK and know more about Guns and Axl than you will probably ever know, ten times over. You are probably one of those horrible LA gossip snitch people who listen to second hand stories and think you know everything about everyone, and I hate people like you, to be honest.

As for a 'Bucket's group', what is that about?

contrary to what msl says, i think there's lots of stories out there that can explain why robin left. i told one. now that mygnr is back, there's actually a forum where people who do have stories could tell them. i want to encourage that. obviously, i'm not hoping for an authoritative account as if it were from robin himself. but i know what our mutual friend said about his situation. i know that some people who were connected to bucket's group were able to share some stories they heard. i want to encourage that. i live in la and work in the entertainment field and have plenty of friends who do too. it's a small town, despite being a big city. it's not hard to meet people who've worked with gnr or have some bizarre connection you wouldn't expect. i think 10 years ago there was more of a desire to protect axl by keeping people from sharing stories about what all went on, or band gossip. but now that chinese democracy plopped out and has become a distant memory, i think maybe there's a chance we'll start hearing more stories about its making.

I live in the UK and know more about Guns and Axl than you will probably ever know, ten times over. You are probably one of those horrible LA gossip snitch people who listen to second hand stories and think you know everything about everyone, and I hate people like you, to be honest.

i have no doubts that you know more stories than i do. no need to feel so threatened by the fact that i shared a couple of simple little stories i'd heard. don't be such a big baby. i'm not trying to take your crown as the resident know-it-all behind the scenes wizard. i don't know anyone in gnr. just have friends who have worked for them, or were friends with members at some point. i don't think that makes me special. i don't think i know everything, or even much about anyone... which is why i'm asking for stories. you're the only one around here who constantly brags about being connected to everything. so why don't you share some?

the 'bucket group' was just a reference to one of the posters, who had some mutual friends with bucket. again, don't get your panties in a wad. nobody's trying to take your place, oh great mysteron, lord king of gnr's post-hall-of-fame era.

oh and by the way, 'hating' me? jesus fucking christ, you don't know the fist god damned thing about me. take a fucking xanex. if you've got some stories to tell, tell them. if not, write them in your diary and enthrall yourself with all your amazing connections. what's the point of bragging about all you know if you don't share it? do you just want us to all marvel at your online persona?

deadslash.. yeah, i like to have a laugh at how fucked up gnr is. in case you're completely unaware, that's how the world outside of freaky obsessive forumland is. working in the entertainment field and hearing the behind the scenes stories of how fucked up axl is helped shape my opinion just as much as the one album of crappy music he's been able to create over the last generation. sorry if that upsets you. but your war is with the reality outside of the forum, not with the increasing number of fans and moderators and former band members who are willing to acknowledge it.

Most people have the common sense not to bother with things that they don't like.

Apparently not many of them here that are Axl fans have that common sense.

Edited by Rustycage

i have no doubts that you know more stories than i do. no need to feel so threatened by the fact that i shared a couple of simple little stories i'd heard. don't be such a big baby. i'm not trying to take your crown as the resident know-it-all behind the scenes wizard. i don't know anyone in gnr. just have friends who have worked for them, or were friends with members at some point. i don't think that makes me special. i don't think i know everything, or even much about anyone... which is why i'm asking for stories. you're the only one around here who constantly brags about being connected to everything. so why don't you share some?

the 'bucket group' was just a reference to one of the posters, who had some mutual friends with bucket. again, don't get your panties in a wad. nobody's trying to take your place, oh great mysteron, lord king of gnr's post-hall-of-fame era.

oh and by the way, 'hating' me? jesus fucking christ, you don't know the fist god damned thing about me. take a fucking xanex. if you've got some stories to tell, tell them. if not, write them in your diary and enthrall yourself with all your amazing connections. what's the point of bragging about all you know if you don't share it? do you just want us to all marvel at your online persona?

Yada, yada yada.

There are many stories, alot of the ones involving Axl were fake though at the time, and some of them were even know just a few years back. If you want to give a clue here as to ones you have heard or just PM me, I would be quite happy to fill you in with any facts.

yeah, i'm really not interested in being your PM buddy, especially after you said you 'hate' me. i just think you sound full of shit when you constantly brag about how much you know, but don't share it.

i'm happy to share all the stories i know. they aren't many. but hopefully it'll keep the ball rolling, and on down the line maybe more people will share. and then you can berate them and revel in how much you 'hate' them for talking about the few things they've heard, because apparently that is a right only reserved for lord mysteron.

just worth repeating... you're a fucking loon if you think you hate me, a random name on the internet. all you know about me is that i shared a couple of insignificant stories i heard about a band nobody really cares too much about. think about that, won't you... HATE... you said you HATE me... fucking weird, man. save that word for someone who wrongs you in a more deeply personal way.

You are probably one of those horrible LA gossip snitch people who listen to second hand stories and think you know everything about everyone, and I hate people like you, to be honest.

That was pretty uncalled for.

Why don't we get back on topic. If you don't like hearing 'stories' then don't read the thread, because it's obvious based on the title that there's going to be some speculation and rumours going on. As long as anyone isn't deliberately trolling I'm OK with that, because posters like snooze72 and madcap had some pretty interesting stuff to say.

I've never seen Mysteron's cage get rattled before. Makes me wonder what he knows to make him so sure that the stories about Bucket's and Robin's tenures and departures are all so far from the mark.

LOL@ Mysteron's profile comments: Superdragon - I want your balls.

Edited by Jordan Rose

Most people have the common sense not to bother with things that they don't like.

Apparently not many of them here that are Axl fans have that common sense.

Well, ya' got me there. Oh wait...I shouldn't question why someone that isn't a fan of the current band would spend their time talking about it? Especially after they started a topic that would actually interest a fan of all versions of the band, only with the intention of demeaning those fans?

To that I say: From the bottom of my heart, with the sincerest respect and the greatest love; fuck you, Sir.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

please don't hijack yet another thread with the same questions about how someone can be a fan of a band without liking one album they put out.

let's talk about why robin left. if you can't handle that topic of conversation, go cry about it elsewhere.

the mods locked plenty of threads. they chose to leave these open. if you're not a mod and just can't handle the stress of reading conversation you don't like, i think you need to take it upon yourself to start a forum of your own. soul monster and msl, for instance, have their own forums where they can lord over others and establish all the rules they want. yet they still come here and try to boss others around. to me, that seems far more bizarre and futile than fans of a band talking about one album they didn't like.

why did robin leave? it's been 4 years and we still don't know lol. we haven't heard from axl or current guns n roses management on why robin left!

if robin's the sweet, humble hippy dude i've heard he is, i could also see it being hard for him to constantly get shit from fans. i remember that one video of his solo spot where someone yells YOU SUCK and you can totally see that he hears it. to be fair, i'm no fan of robin the gnr guitarist. i don't know anything he's done outside of gnr work, which i'm sure is cool in its own way. i just thought his solos were bloody massacres the times i saw him live. and i'm far from a fan of the stuff he and the "band" came up with for chinese democracy. but by all accounts he seems like a really nice dude.

To be fair to the fan, his solo spots did suck.