"No one ever told me when I was alone, they just thought I'd know better."

Tyler Drama

"No one ever told me when I was alone, they just thought I'd know better." What does this mean? No one told Axl that he was alone? Or was there something that they chose not to tell him, specifically when he was alone? I've listened to this song hundreds of times and still do not understand what this line means.

It's just a song. Nothing more, nothing less. AFD had meanings.....they lived it. CD- just an album with catchy lyrics/songs.

I've always thought the lyrics (or at least the chorus and title) were a subtle tribute to Beta.

what does guns n roses manager beta have to do with better? better is a robin finck song. axl said so himself

Finck made the main riff. Please keep your delusional "CD is a finck song, SOD is a finck song" shit to yourself. You NEVER back your claims up 'cause you know you're wrong. Better is Finck's only baby. That's it. And the lyrics are Axl's.

I take it as meaning that maybe people drifted away from him one by one, and by the time he finally realized it, he was alone and lamented the fact that no one spoke up and told him what was happening around him.

Yeah.