Anastasia vs Double Talkin' Jive [Live]

Nosaj Thing

Double Talkin' Jive

Anastasia

__

As much as I love Anastasia, Double Talkin' Jive is fuckin' epic (better drum work, better bass work and slightly better guitar work). The fact that a 3:23 studio song evolved to that monster is just plain amazing.

As much as I love Anastasia, Double Talkin' Jive is fuckin' epic (better drum work, better bass work and slightly better guitar work). The fact that a 3:23 studio song evolved to that monster is just plain amazing.

No it isn't, it's just a jam, the entire song is build around about 6 lines of lyrics, the rest is all jamming. Anastasia is a full song with a start, a middle and and end that has a solo that's actually well constructed unlike all the endless jams of Slash during the UYI tour.

No it isn't, it's just a jam, the entire song is build around about 6 lines of lyrics, the rest is all jamming. Anastasia is a full song with a start, a middle and and end that has a solo that's actually well constructed unlike all the endless jams of Slash during the UYI tour.

Huh? You may want to consider the live intro as a jam (more so the 1993 version) but the version performed live is still the same song with a nice and extended outro. I don't really get what you're saying about the "endless jam". Anyways, opinions are opinions and I appreciate that.

Huh? You may want to consider the live intro as a jam (more so the 1993 version) but the version performed live is still the same song with a nice and extended outro. I don't really get what you're saying about the "endless jam". Anyways, opinions are opinions and I appreciate that.

I'm sorry, I don't think I was clear enough. What I meant with endless jam was Slash did a few of those on the UYI tour, namely this one and his own guitar solo that just seemed to go on and on. What you see as an extended outro is in essence just another jam added to the song. The core of the song is a verse and a chorus, the rest is just jamming, both in the studio and when played live. You're comparing it to Anastasia, but Anastasia is a full song with a guitar solo that was composed before it was recorded, where as Double Talkin' Jive is just one long jam, hence me saying that it's not really that amazing that it can turn into such a monster.