John 5 a better fit for GNR than Bumble

Frozen Inferno

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He cant hang with Axl, sorry. He doesnt have any swag. (Every time you use the word "swag", .01 cents goes to DJ Ashba and .001 goes to the Make a Wish Foundation. jk)

J5 has an image yes, but an image we've all seen a million times before. You need somebody who isnt so...much a part of all the shit that came after 1991. Too much of that bitchy Nirvana/Marilyn Manson influence. Yuck. That's why Ashba sucks.

btw Guthrie Govan would not be a good fit. You need blues, you need something larger than life, you need a big ass emotional soulful sound with pop appeal. Ashba and Ron dont have it. 4tus has a little of it. That's why i call him Gnr's current best hope. Axl needs to look elsewhere tho..

Edited by Eu4ic

he was one of the rumoured replacements a while back. i think he may have even done auditions or something. i'm sure i read about him on this forum around 2006.

I figure he'd be on Axl's shortlist, just because he worked with a wide range of people. What's kind of funny is he went from Rob Halford/Trent Reznor doing "Two" which was a WTF for Halford, to DLR Band with Diamond Dave, which was completely trying to make an updated Van Halen album without Van Halen. Put DLR Band up against A Different Kind of Truth, they could've been the same session.

Edited by dalsh327

Why people from this forum like those weird and ridiculous guys who paint their faces as if they were teenagers? Seriously, I'd rather see Axl wearing pants with a hole in the ass than those gothic/emo guys. GnR fans are now 12 year old kids and I didn't know that?

people on this forum would even complain if guthrie govan was in the band..... nobody cares about talent.

Yes. They'd be complaining how Govan isn't as talented as Bucket and that he doesn't have the... wait for it... yes, you know it... Slash's feeling.

btw Guthrie Govan would not be a good fit. You need blues, you need something larger than life, you need a big ass emotional soulful sound with pop appeal. Ashba and Ron dont have it. 4tus has a little of it. That's why i call him Gnr's current best hope. Axl needs to look elsewhere tho..

Both guitarists (Ron and Govan) can provide that.

What's so special about that Jungle vid?

This is the kind of playing that you could have with Govan on board. And it sounds fkn beautiful. The jams would be outwordly, they'd jam from Vai and Lane to Hendrix and Page. From Kiss and Beatles to Dream Theater and Maiden.

lol Guthrie is one of the best guitarists on this planet. He can play blues better then blues guitarists. He started playing blues and old school rock when he was 5 years old.

not saying that I want him in guns but even if he was people would say he isn't good enough. Thats what's happening right now with Ron

Edited by Desperado

Oh look, a totally random guitar player that would make the band better, yay.

Bumblefoot has been in GN'R since 2006, no reason to think that is changing.

Also, I prefer Bumble to John 5, easily (not that I have anything against the guy). Actually, outside of Axl, Bumble is my favorite member of the band. He's an incredibly talented guitar player, a great character and good to the fans.

Edited by mustaine

I want him in Guns :( but that probably won't ever happen, though. He'd be the only to fill in Ron's shoes if Ron ever leaves.

I think he's too good to be in :lol: Can't see how he would get anything out of playing with them. Not dissing anyone (exept maybe DJ) they are one of my favorite bands but I think Govan rather play with people who's more at his level (wich only Ron would almost be).

Ron is much more Rock then Govan so I understand why he wanted the gig :P I really hope Ron will be in the band a long long time