A comparison to Metallica

hitmanhart408

at least they release music. with gnr you can't even steal their music and if somebody manages to do that, i'm sure axl will sue the person right away as well. come on, people talking about metallica and law suits. what about axl? he spent 10 years in a court when he should be in a studio.

did axl go after thousands of fans for downloading chinese democracy? did axl show up in front of a courthouse with 30,000 documents with usernames of those who downloaded the album? like i said metallica doesnt have the best reputation among fans if it were a lot of other bands i would be in agreement.

as for releasing music you think axl is the only person who takes a long time to release albums? most people move on and listen to something else instead of bitching for 3 or 4 years

Edited by bran

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about metallica going after the person that stole the song to be leaked? no instead lars goes out and goes after 300,000 fans shows all the documents in a publicity stunt.

then metallica makes fun and slams metal fans every chance they get, the fans that made them the stars that they are and made them their fucking money. lars goes out and says people who dislike lulu dislike it because they are narrowminded people who cant handle change, not that the riffs are fucking lame the drums are shit and some drunk fuck is mumbling over the top of it.

Metallica had every right to do what they did. What would you do if 300,000 people stole from you?

When did Metallica slam metal fans?

Love or Hate Lulu it is still Lars' art, and he can defend that anyway he wants. Any artist can defend their art however they like.

You don't like Lulu, that's fine. I like Lulu, that's okay too.

how about metallica going after the person that stole the song to be leaked? no instead lars goes out and goes after 300,000 fans shows all the documents in a publicity stunt.

then metallica makes fun and slams metal fans every chance they get, the fans that made them the stars that they are and made them their fucking money. lars goes out and says people who dislike lulu dislike it because they are narrowminded people who cant handle change, not that the riffs are fucking lame the drums are shit and some drunk fuck is mumbling over the top of it.

Metallica had every right to do what they did. What would you do if 300,000 people stole from you?

Love or Hate Lulu it is still Lars' art, and he can defend that anyway he wants. Any artist can defend their art however they like.

i would have went after the person who leaked the song i wouldnt go after 300,000 people who downloaded from a site. fans that buy my t shirts who buy my concert tickets, like i said did axl go after thousands of fans who downloaded CD? as for slamming metal fans i could post quotes but would you honestly change your mind i highly doubt it. as for lulu fine defend it but dont say people dislike it because they are ignorant and dont like something that isnt the same old stuff.

another thing that makes me laugh about people claiming metallica is so fan friendly is how lars said that selling out is giving fans what they wanted :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

i would have went after the person who leaked the song i wouldnt go after 300,000 people who downloaded from a site. fans that buy my t shirts who buy my concert tickets, like i said did axl go after thousands of fans who downloaded CD? as for slamming metal fans i could post quotes but would you honestly change your mind i highly doubt it. as for lulu fine defend it but dont say people dislike it because they are ignorant and dont like something that isnt the same old stuff.

another thing that makes me laugh about people claiming metallica is so fan friendly is how lars said that selling out is giving fans what they wanted :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

No, I seriously didn't know they were slamming metal fans. If you could post me a link to some of the quotes, it would be appreciated.

And, no, Axl didn't go after the fans who downloaded his music in 2006. Honestly, I couldn't see Metallica persuing their case either if it were 2006. Back in 1999/2000 file sharing wasn't as broad as is today or was in 2006. I think Metallica thought they could win that battle back then, though.

No, I seriously didn't know they were slamming metal fans. If you could post me a link to some of the quotes, it would be appreciated.

And, no, Axl didn't go after the fans who downloaded his music in 2006. Honestly, I couldn't see Metallica persuing their case either if it were 2006. Back in 1999/2000 file sharing wasn't as broad as is today or was in 2006. I think Metallica thought they could win that battle back then, though.

i understand but going after 300,000 fans isnt friendly plus here is a link from a story in 2000 about how napster users spent more on music than other people http://news.cnet.com/2100-1023-243463.html.

here is a link of lars changing his tune on downloading music

here is some quotes slamming metal fans with links to the story

"I sometimes think that the metal community is just so f--king serious and up its own ass. Once in a while it needs a little poke, and I don’t mind being that guy. Nobody else seems to do it"

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/lars_ulrich_the_metal_community_is_up_its_own_a--.html

same article about people who post negative comments about him

"I think it’s really funny when someone sits there and says something that he’s typed with his d--k, or some 12-year-old who hasn’t figured out how to jerk off yet is sitting there typing insults about somebody he’s never met"

his remarks about people who criticize lulu

"It was difficult for Lou Reed because he takes everything very personally. And I think he was very surprised. We told him all along: 'Listen, there are some very, very, very hardcore metal fans out there that like everything pre-packaged in a particular little box that looks like this, and the minute that you slightly veer outside of that, then they have a hernia."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/metallica_admit_lulu_failure.html

as for the other remarks i have made of lars running his mouth i cant find a video of it but he said selling out is giving fans what they wanted. this was from metal evolution thrash episode

you have to be blind to consider gnr a band that treats its fans well. seriously, just compare them to any other band.

i don't care about a band kissing my ass on the internet. i don't care about a band having a cool fan club. i don't care about a band playing a song on oprah.

i care about two things. records. concerts.

i've loved every record GNR has ever released.

i've loved every GNR concert i've been to.

they've treated me very well as a fan. i've been to HUNDREDS of concerts in my life and GNR by far played the longest and most intense shows i've ever been to.

that is the kind of treatment i care about from a band.

if you happened to be in Philadelphia on a cold December night back in 2002, would you say the same thing?

If so, stand up against a wall and let thousands of people throw chairs and bottles at you and then get back to me

i was not in philly and sadly all the shows i had tix for on the 02 tour ended up being cancelled.

getting two UCAP shows down here so shortly after two arena shows here more than made up for the 02 cancellations.

if the red-headed douche bag wanted to cancel the Philly show that would have been fine - no harm no foul - do so in advance so people don't waiste there time and money to go

but don't no-show after 2 opening acts go on, with a arena full of booze fuled fans and announce at 11pm the shows cancelled, while at the same time, selling tickets to an "added show" for the next night -- that's the biggest dickhead move I've ever been a party too

i was not in philly and sadly all the shows i had tix for on the 02 tour ended up being cancelled.

getting two UCAP shows down here so shortly after two arena shows here more than made up for the 02 cancellations.

if the red-headed douche bag wanted to cancel the Philly show that would have been fine - no harm no foul - do so in advance so people don't waiste there time and money to go

but don't no-show after 2 opening acts go on, with a arena full of booze fuled fans and announce at 11pm the shows cancelled, while at the same time, selling tickets to an "added show" for the next night -- that's the biggest dickhead move I've ever been a party too

You do realize that there are actually fans on this board that will defend axl for no-showing and give you the "Well you know how Axl Is, he has been doing this his whole career and If you weren't willing to put yourself In danger for a potential riot, you shouldn't have went speech. Simply amazing, the mentality of some people.

- Guns: release Chinese Democracy in 2008

Metallica: release Death Magnetic in 2008 earlier in the year BEFORE Chinese

- Guns: tour in support of Chinese Democracy since 2009 with a break in 2011 before US tour

- Metallica: have toured virtually endlessly since 2008

- Guns: fans are pushing for Axl and the band to release the next album now.

Metallica: they are nowhere near ready to release their next album and have only begun to write.

- Guns: fans complain no new songs are being played

Metallica: play all the old hits. This past weekend at the Orion festival ZERO Death Magnetic songs were played

I just don't understand the GNR fans logic with this double standard

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!

You do realize that there are actually fans on this board that will defend axl for no-showing and give you the "Well you know how Axl Is, he has been doing this his whole career and If you weren't willing to put yourself In danger for a potential riot, you shouldn't have went speech.

please provide some examples. thanks.

Read your own posts and you will have plenty of examples.

You do realize that there are actually fans on this board that will defend axl for no-showing and give you the "Well you know how Axl Is, he has been doing this his whole career and If you weren't willing to put yourself In danger for a potential riot, you shouldn't have went speech. Simply amazing, the mentality of some people.

yeah I know, what I say to that is, line up against a wall with a couple of thousand people throwing bottles, chairs and baseballs at you and let me know how it feels

If GNR were to put out an EP like Metallica did, many GNR fans would still shit on it.

God forbid! As a fan, I don't want GN'R to release a piece of shit like Metallica's EP.

I'm not sure whether Metallica's a fan friendly band, but they sure as hell are quick-witted when it comes to getting a buck out of their fans.

Wait.......so a band putting out music for their fans is a bad thing, because in your mind, it is just the band trying to make money? Wait........so your bands typically put out albums/music for free? They don't charge for their albums? You'd rather one of your favorite bands put out an album every 15 years, because that shows they care about their fans - by not making them have to pay for albums......whereas a band who puts out music on a regular basis, are pricks, because they are just milking fans for money?

OK, I'll wait as you sure as hell got it all wrong.

In my perverted mind, a band putting out a piece of shit for its fans in order to charge them for it is just a band trying to make money.

I'd rather one of my favourite bands put out a solid album every 15 years than put out a second-rate half-baked compilation of leftover riffs. I can wait and I'd rather wait. A band that releases intolerable crap on a regular basis when they obviously can do it better are lazy and greedy pricks. Metallica should've stopped releasing albums 16 years ago until they'd be able to come up with something worthy. It's OK to take your time when you need it (especially when you've already got a solid back catalogue).

And I'm probably a happy person as most bands that I like have seldom or never let me down, some of them realise that they're never gonna get a good buck for their music but they don't give up and continue kicking ass and I'm proud to support them.

There have been a lot of idiotic posts on this forum over the years, but yours might seriously be the most idiotic post I've ever read at mygnr.com.

You're very kind, sir! I'll humbly accept that nomination! :wub:

Dont need or want your money but thanks anyway. The point is you and about 5-10 other members on this board will defend axl at any cost no matter what the situation is. It's perfectly fine to like any version of the band you so choose, after all that's what the forums all about, but I just can't understand the bashing and name calling of the true and original Guns N Roses, which you have been a part of. Generally the axl can do no wrong fans would and have found a way to blame the fans for axls actions Instead of putting the blame where It rightfully belongs.

If GNR were to put out an EP like Metallica did, many GNR fans would still shit on it.

God forbid! As a fan, I don't want GN'R to release a piece of shit like Metallica's EP.

I'm not sure whether Metallica's a fan friendly band, but they sure as hell are quick-witted when it comes to getting a buck out of their fans.

Wait.......so a band putting out music for their fans is a bad thing, because in your mind, it is just the band trying to make money? Wait........so your bands typically put out albums/music for free? They don't charge for their albums? You'd rather one of your favorite bands put out an album every 15 years, because that shows they care about their fans - by not making them have to pay for albums......whereas a band who puts out music on a regular basis, are pricks, because they are just milking fans for money?

OK, I'll wait as you sure as hell got it all wrong.

In my perverted mind, a band putting out a piece of shit for its fans in order to charge them for it is just a band trying to make money.

I'd rather one of my favourite bands put out a solid album every 15 years than put out a second-rate half-baked compilation of leftover riffs. I can wait and I'd rather wait. A band that releases intolerable crap on a regular basis when they obviously can do it better are lazy and greedy pricks. Metallica should've stopped releasing albums 16 years ago until they'd be able to come up with something worthy. It's OK to take your time when you need it (especially when you've already got a solid back catalogue).

And I'm probably a happy person as most bands that I like have seldom or never let me down, some of them realise that they're never gonna get a good buck for their music but they don't give up and continue kicking ass and I'm proud to support them.

There have been a lot of idiotic posts on this forum over the years, but yours might seriously be the most idiotic post I've ever read at mygnr.com.

You're very kind, sir! I'll humbly accept that nomination! :wub:

what do you think of a band that takes 15 years to record a mediocre album and tours it for over 10 years?

Cause in my perverted mind, that band is just milking fans for money

Who offers money on a fucking internet forum to settle an argument? What a complete twat. This is why people don't like you, you're insufferable, not because of your "facts".

This this this, absolutely this. This is just a fan forum, msl seems to take a dissenting opinion as a personal assault.

what do you think of a band that takes 15 years to record a mediocre album and tours it for over 10 years?

Cause in my perverted mind, that band is just milking fans for money

Your opinion of the quality of the album has no bearing on the financial motivations of the band.

They're only on their second year of touring right now for the record.

If you don't like the album and you don't like the tours, why are you here?

they've been touring Chinese Democracy since 2001 - all their tours have been "Chinese Democracy World Tour"

Did I ever say I didn't like the album? I think it's mediocre compared to some of their other work

So I don't share some people's opinion that it's a masterpiece and the best album ever recorded---last time I saw them, pretty much every body in attendance sat down and shut the fuck up when they played new material as opposed to losing their shit when they played songs from that other lineup some people here love to hate

Guest Broskirose

Who offers money on a fucking internet forum to settle an argument? What a complete twat. This is why people don't like you, you're insufferable, not because of your "facts".

This this this, absolutely this. This is just a fan forum, msl seems to take a dissenting opinion as a personal assault.

This.

Guest Broskirose
they've been touring Chinese Democracy since 2001 - all their tours have been "Chinese Democracy World Tour"

the tours haven't been called that in years.

You yourself claimed they were still tourng CD earlier in this thread.

the tours haven't been called that in years.

You yourself claimed they were still tourng CD earlier in this thread.

yes. and?

So what have they been called? Axl's Cash Grab world tour?