A comparison to Metallica

hitmanhart408

You're lying. You're hilarious. You're lying. It's funny.

No one is going to meet you, take a polygraph, and bet 10,000 dollars just on the fact you're hilarious. Post a fucking picture if you want to prove me wrong. Guess what though? that only makes the shit you've said the past 2 pages about bubble baths and bets 40% less funny.

i'm not lying, but since you think i am, you should be eager to place a wager. why wouldn't you be willing to meet me and have me take a polygraph if my 10k was in escrow and to be released to you if i fail the polygraph?

you want me to post a picture of a bath i already took? sorry, i did not have the foresight to take a picture as i did not know my bath would later be called into question. the best i can do at this point is a polygraph. are you in or not?

Ya, I'm totally eager to take time off work, fly and meet a half-insane super-serious dude and take a polygraph test about bubble baths. Do you not see how that's hilarious? Some people can pass polygraphs while lying, what if you can? Then I'm out 10,000. If you don't see how your ridiculus bets are fucking hilarious and are part of what makes you such an insufferable ass then I don't know what else to tell you.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually since 2001, it's been called the chinese democracy tour, look at the link - and you who call people liars, must be factually incorrect if not a liar

No. You are wrong. 100% completely wrong.

The link you posted was to Wikipedia and there were no sources listed for the recent tours.

The Chinese Democracy name stopped being used years ago. If you haven't been to any recent tours and didn't realize that, well consider yourself educated.

For you to think for even one second that you would know more about this shit than me is completely laughable.

dont make me list the 273 references - genius

actually since 2001, it's been called the chinese democracy tour, look at the link - and you who call people liars, must be factually incorrect if not a liar

The link you posted was to Wikipedia and there were no sources listed for the recent tours.

The Chinese Democracy name stopped being used years ago. If you haven't been to any recent tours and didn't realize that, well consider yourself educated.

For you to think for even one second that you would know more about this shit than me is completely laughable.

Okay let's slow down now, bragging about how you know more about guns n' roses is the sort of argument high school kids would have had in the late 80's early 90's. It's really not a badge of honor as much as it is evidence of how much time you have on your hands.

Though, being able to bed 3 or 4 women in the bath tub while posting about guns n' roses all before 3:00 pm is fairly impressive. Pics or it didn't happen broheim.

Okay let's slow down now, bragging about how you know more about guns n' roses is the sort of argument high school kids would have had in the late 80's early 90's. It's really not a badge of honor as much as it is evidence of how much time you have on your hands.

Though, being able to bed 3 or 4 women in the bath tub while posting about guns n' roses all before 3:00 pm is fairly impressive. Pics or it didn't happen broheim.

just like him bragging about how much he knows about GnR - I'm sure he's factually incorrect about the 3-4 woman

Guest Broskirose

Broski -

Your attempt to disprove my premise is actually reinforcing it. The 2011 US Tour was CLEARLY the tour for the Chinese Democracy album. Even a band member referred to it as such.

But the name of the tour was NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2011.

Thus supporting the idea that a tour for an album does not have to be named after that album (and also that a tour with the name of an album isn't necessarily the tour for that album).

No, Tommy said it was The Chinese Democracy Tour. The North America Tour 2011 was just a name on a poster. It was simply a subtitle for that leg of the tour. Many bands call legs "tours" but the overall tour that the leg was apart of was The Chinese Democracy Tour, confirmed by Stinson himself. You are either knowingly lying or ignorant.

Why do you keep ignoring the polygraph?

Edited by Broskirose

Broski -

Your attempt to disprove my premise is actually reinforcing it. The 2011 US Tour was CLEARLY the tour for the Chinese Democracy album. Even a band member referred to it as such.

But the name of the tour was NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2011.

Thus supporting the idea that a tour for an album does not have to be named after that album (and also that a tour with the name of an album isn't necessarily the tour for that album).

No, Tommy said it was The Chinese Democracy Tour. The North America Tour 2011 was just a name on a poster. It was simply a subtitle for that leg of the tour. Many bands call legs "tours" but the overall tour that the leg was apart of was The Chinese Democracy Tour, confirmed by Stinson himself. You are either knowingly lying or ignorant.

Why do you keep ignoring the polygraph?

That made me chuckle, thank you.

Guest Broskirose

Groghan -

You are wrong. In addition to suing a company, Metallica also sued individual fans. If you weren't aware of that, consider yourself educated.

Broski -

Believe it or not, Tommy was not the promoter of the tour, nor is he the leader of the band. Him referring to it as the Chinese Democracy tour has no bearing on the official name of the tour. "Chinese Democracy World Tour" was not used for any of the advertising or merchandise. The name of the tour was NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2011. Stinson is not in a position to name a tour. I am not knowingly lying nor am I ignorant. I clearly know a lot more about this than you do.

We all know it's the tour for Chinese Democracy.

And yet, that is not the name of the tour.

Just as there was a time when the comeback tour was named Chinese Democracy, even though the album was nowhere near completion.

I know it may be difficult for simple minded people to understand, and it is a bit silly, but most of the tour for Chinese Democracy was not named Chinese Democracy, while the touring before Chinese Democracy was named Chinese Democracy.

You guys try to have it both ways, but it doesn't work. You point to the name was proof that the tour started ten years ago, but then claim the name doesn't matter years later and that it's the same tour.

Very odd.

twisting things and ignoring the polygraph as usual i see.

havent twisted anything. you're just frustrated that your lame amateur tactics aren't working. if you want me to take a polygraph to determine whether i took 3 bubble baths today and fucked some chick 4 times, i'm all for it. how soon can you have the money in escrow?

Can someone please explain what the fuck the name of the tour has to do with anything? Once again, MSL makes a major argument about a minute point and derails the topic.

jmapelian said gnr's tour has been called "chinese democracy" since 2001, which isn't true. you'd have to ask him what it has to do with anything.

i'm not making a major argument about anything. just stating facts. you should be blaming the people who cry and whine for ten pages whenever they're proven wrong.

Guest Broskirose

havent twisted anything. you're just frustrated that your lame amateur tactics aren't working. if you want me to take a polygraph to determine whether i took 3 bubble baths today and fucked some chick 4 times, i'm all for it. how soon can you have the money in escrow?

no you are twisting many things. no matter what facts are thrown at you, you just bring up irrelevant tidbits to compensate for the fact that you're clearly wrong.

i am very willing to take the polygraph test, but i'd like to do the previous polygraph test that you failed to contact me about first.

seems to me like your polygraph wagers are just empty bluffs.

Guest Broskirose
i am very willing to take the polygraph test, but i'd like to do the previous polygraph test that you failed to contact me about first.

hahahaha you've already admitted publicly that your PM box was full. am i supposed to hunt you down? i tried to make a deal and you were unreachable. life goes on.

and there's no polygraph test for YOU to take here. i'd be taking the test to determine whether i was lying about the bubble baths. if you would like to arrange this wager, PM me and we can set it up. i'm not gonna chase ya.

i opened my pm box and told you this several times including a comment on your profile.

yes, i'd like to arrange this wager after we do the first one. and that goes for all potential future wagers.

If GNR were to put out an EP like Metallica did, many GNR fans would still shit on it.

God forbid! As a fan, I don't want GN'R to release a piece of shit like Metallica's EP.

I'm not sure whether Metallica's a fan friendly band, but they sure as hell are quick-witted when it comes to getting a buck out of their fans.

Wait.......so a band putting out music for their fans is a bad thing, because in your mind, it is just the band trying to make money? Wait........so your bands typically put out albums/music for free? They don't charge for their albums? You'd rather one of your favorite bands put out an album every 15 years, because that shows they care about their fans - by not making them have to pay for albums......whereas a band who puts out music on a regular basis, are pricks, because they are just milking fans for money?

OK, I'll wait as you sure as hell got it all wrong.

In my perverted mind, a band putting out a piece of shit for its fans in order to charge them for it is just a band trying to make money.

I'd rather one of my favourite bands put out a solid album every 15 years than put out a second-rate half-baked compilation of leftover riffs. I can wait and I'd rather wait. A band that releases intolerable crap on a regular basis when they obviously can do it better are lazy and greedy pricks. Metallica should've stopped releasing albums 16 years ago until they'd be able to come up with something worthy. It's OK to take your time when you need it (especially when you've already got a solid back catalogue).

And I'm probably a happy person as most bands that I like have seldom or never let me down, some of them realise that they're never gonna get a good buck for their music but they don't give up and continue kicking ass and I'm proud to support them.

There have been a lot of idiotic posts on this forum over the years, but yours might seriously be the most idiotic post I've ever read at mygnr.com.

You're very kind, sir! I'll humbly accept that nomination! :wub:

You are combining two different issues here.

YOUR musical preference does not equate to all fans of a band. Don't worry, there are several people on here who do it as well. You are judging the output of a band based on what YOU like and not what their fans like.

I've used the Bon Jovi comparison on here a few times. It doesn't matter if you hate or love that band, that isn't the point. A band releases music for its fans. BJ released 5 albums in the last 12 years. Axl has released ONE. Would you rather your favorite band released five albums in a decade or one album in a decade?????

And please don't use the idiotic "I'd rather get one GnR album than 10 BJ albums. I'd rather get one brilliant album than get 10 crappy albums." You are combing two different topics. The question is simple. Would you rather get 5 albums in decade from YOUR favorite band or would you rather get 1 album a decade from your favorite band??????????

And a few of you have mentioned that 1 brilliant album in 15 years thing. So you really don't have much faith in Axl, do you. You think he is only capable of creating one great song per year????? I think the man is a musical rock legend and could easily produce a high quality album every two years. Weird you worship a singer, but have no faith in his musical ability.

I have no doubt that Axl can put out quality music ever few years. YOU only think he is capable of one quality album every 15 years? Are you a fan or not?

And, using your logic...........there are a lot of "fans" who think that CD sucked. Does that mean Axl should never release another album? 25 million people bought Appetite, 15 million bought Illusions....3 million bought CD. Does that mean Axl should stop releasing music? According to your statements - it does.

BUT BACK TO MEtallica.

Just because YOU think their music sucks, doesn't mean that their fans do.

And, nobody is forcing people to buy their albums. Nobody is holding fans hostage. If they don't want to spend their money, they don't have to.

The difference is that Metallica GIVES THEIR FANS music to choose from. GnR doesn't.

I don't even listen to them that much anymore. I listen to Ride The Lightening more than any of their other albums. Though " Jump In The Fire' is still played a lot on my IPOD.

Here is what Metallica has done in the 16 years you have said they should have hung it up. This is what Metallica fans have gotten to enjoy, from their favorite band.

Oh - as comparison

GnR..............one album

vs

Metallica

1996 - Album

1997 - Album

1998 - Album

1999 - Concert Film, the orchestra

2003 - Album

2004 - Behind the Scenes DVD of the band

2006 - DVD containing all their videos

2007 - Tribute song, nominated for a grammy

2008 - Album

2010 - release THREE EPs of live songs

2011 - Album

2011 - EP of unreleased songs

To celebrate their 30th year in the business, they had four concerts in San Fran. Tickets were - yes, not lying - tickets were SIX DOLLARS APIECE.

Special guests at the show included Mustaine, Ozzy, Newstad, Danzig, Jerry Cantrell, King Dimond amongst other rock stars.

You think those albums are all junk?

Metallica had five straight albums debut at number one on Billboard - first band ever to do that.

One of the albums stayed number one for three weeks.

Several songs/albums were nominated for Grammys, some won

I'd say the majority of their fans were pretty happy, even if you aren't.

HOw's that comparison compare to what GnR has done in the same time frame?????

Again, not comparing which band or albums YOU personally like better. That is irrelevent.

In the next 16 years which would you rather have from GnR:

6 full length albums, 4 EPS featuring live and unreleased songs, concert DVDs, Behind the Scenes DVD of the band

or

1 album

???????

You need a hug and a bubble bath.

i've had three bubble baths so far today and four great fucks. sorry you were wrong bro. it's ok. it's just the internet.

Maybe the most perfect post you have ever made.

"It's OK. It's just the internet"...............from the guy who is claiming he is being libeled on a rock forum, who is offering to take lie detector tests, challenging people to come to his house and wager 10 grand on a foot race, who is onstantly offering up $500-to-50,000 bets/donations, who is bragging that he had sex four times today, who has bragged about being the world wrestling champ, a 160 IQ and went to college at age 11.

Yes. It is "just" the internet to some of us. To some though......it clearly is more.

no you are twisting many things. no matter what facts are thrown at you, you just bring up irrelevant tidbits to compensate for the fact that you're clearly wrong.

You can't wager against MSL, you're as broke as a Jamaican whore. Probably live with your mum still.

Guest Broskirose

You can't wager against MSL, you're as broke as a Jamaican whore. Probably live with your mum still.

you know nothing of my financial situation.

My views on Metallica...without having dredged through 15 pages of MSL trying to prove everybody wrong be subtly rewording things and acting like a lawyer...

1. The lawsuits: Yes this was bad, and I at the time was in the masses screaming to boycott Metallica, but time heals all wounds. Metallica has apologized for this profusely, admitting they (or more realistically Lars Ulrich) rushed into the situation without any adequate understanding of the technology, and the foresight to think that the Internet would change the landscape of music. Almost all of the lawsuits were dropped, and whether it was fan unfriendly or not, fans that downloaded illegal files of Metallica music were BREAKING THE LAW. Unlike Guns N' Roses, where fans get kicked out wearing Slash related t-shirts. Furthermore, Metallica has provided fans with tons of goodies be it video footage through their web site, an ace fan club, or only charging $19.82 to their fan club for tickets to the 30th Anniversary shows.

2. Lulu: Yes it was bad: terrible, but you cannot cry that Metallica was "selling out." It seems they involved themselves in a project based solely on their respect for Lou Reed, his history, and their interest in teh story he was telling. There was no way they expected this to be a hit, and it was not, but Metallica got to say they made a project with one of the rock greats.

3. The set-lists: Yes, I suppose they are not busting out a lot of Death Magnetic songs at the moment, but they played the hell out of them for almost 4 years. Do not forget, as others have mentioned, that they are playing outtakes from Death Magnetic. It makes me laugh though. This is a fan base that jizzes itself and calls a tour successful when Guns N' Roses plays 2 "new" old tracks (i.e. "14 Years" with Izzy and "There was a Time" in Dublin), but completely glosses over the fact that Metallica has played DOZENS of new/rarely played tracks over the last two years from Master of Pupptets, ...And Justice for All, Black Album, and Load/ReLoad. I mean, they have played songs like "Escape," "Trapped Under Ice," "The Memory Remains," and "To Live is to Die." Songs that fans have clamored over for years. That would be the equivalent of Guns N' Roses adding "Coma," "Locomotive," "Bad Apples," and "Don't Damn Me" to set lists.

Edited by themadcaplaughs

i think all of those things should probably clue you in on how seriously i take the internet (not very).

i noticed you didn't address me pointing out that you were wrong and that metallica did indeed sue individual fans. don't you think you should apologize to the community for lying?

"""Legal action was initiated against Napster with Metallica filing a lawsuit at the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, alleging that Napster violated three areas of the law: copyright infringement, unlawful use of digital audio interface device, and the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).[33][50]

Ulrich led the case against Napster. Though the lawsuit named three universities for copyright infringement, the University of Southern California, Yale University, and Indiana University, no individuals were named. Yale and Indiana complied and blocked the service from its campuses, and Metallica withdrew the universities' inclusion in the lawsuit.[51] USC, however, had a meeting with students to decide what was going to happen with Napster. School administrators wanted it banned as its usage accounted for 40% of the bandwidth not being used for educational purposes.[52]

Metallica hired online consulting firm NetPD to monitor the Napster service for a weekend. A list of 335,435 Napster users who were believed to be sharing Metallica's music was compiled, and the 60,000 page document was delivered to Napster's office as Metallica requested the users be banned from the service.[53] The users were banned, and rap artist Dr. Dre joined the lawsuit against Napster, which resulted in an additional 230,142 Napster users banned.[54]"""

I'm not an attorney, nor do I know all the details about the Napster case.

But it looks like they sue Napster, and the lawsuit included three Universities for Copyright infringement.

I don't see where they sued their "fans."

It looks like they submitted a list of people that were stealing their property to napster. That isn't "suing" your fans though, is it?

Off topic, MSL,

Unlike you, many of us are not perfect. We give our opinion on issues. Sometimes our opinions end up not being 100% accurate. In the high majority of those cases, people are not purposely lying - like you continually accuse people of.

I offer no apology to anybody on here if my statement on napster and metallica is not correct. This is a rock n roll music forum, a place for people to share ideas. People aren't turning in disertations that need to be scrutinized for accuracy.

If I am wrong about something, I would love for another poster to say "hey dude, this is what actually happened" and then I will respond "Thanks bro, that makes sense." Issue over.

But you come across as a complete prick because your response is "You are wrong. You are a liar. You owe us an apology. You are a liar and a slanderer, and I offer you 10,000 to take a lie detector test.

You have an abundance of GnR knowledge and seem like a pretty smart guy. But the way you act and treat people on here......well, that's why the majority of posters don't like you. It isn't because you are always right (in your opinion) it's because you come off as an arrogant prick most of the time.

If GNR were to put out an EP like Metallica did, many GNR fans would still shit on it.

God forbid! As a fan, I don't want GN'R to release a piece of shit like Metallica's EP.

I'm not sure whether Metallica's a fan friendly band, but they sure as hell are quick-witted when it comes to getting a buck out of their fans.

Wait.......so a band putting out music for their fans is a bad thing, because in your mind, it is just the band trying to make money? Wait........so your bands typically put out albums/music for free? They don't charge for their albums? You'd rather one of your favorite bands put out an album every 15 years, because that shows they care about their fans - by not making them have to pay for albums......whereas a band who puts out music on a regular basis, are pricks, because they are just milking fans for money?

OK, I'll wait as you sure as hell got it all wrong.

In my perverted mind, a band putting out a piece of shit for its fans in order to charge them for it is just a band trying to make money.

I'd rather one of my favourite bands put out a solid album every 15 years than put out a second-rate half-baked compilation of leftover riffs. I can wait and I'd rather wait. A band that releases intolerable crap on a regular basis when they obviously can do it better are lazy and greedy pricks. Metallica should've stopped releasing albums 16 years ago until they'd be able to come up with something worthy. It's OK to take your time when you need it (especially when you've already got a solid back catalogue).

And I'm probably a happy person as most bands that I like have seldom or never let me down, some of them realise that they're never gonna get a good buck for their music but they don't give up and continue kicking ass and I'm proud to support them.

There have been a lot of idiotic posts on this forum over the years, but yours might seriously be the most idiotic post I've ever read at mygnr.com.

You're very kind, sir! I'll humbly accept that nomination! :wub:

You are combining two different issues here.

YOUR musical preference does not equate to all fans of a band. Don't worry, there are several people on here who do it as well. You are judging the output of a band based on what YOU like and not what their fans like.

I've used the Bon Jovi comparison on here a few times. It doesn't matter if you hate or love that band, that isn't the point. A band releases music for its fans. BJ released 5 albums in the last 12 years. Axl has released ONE. Would you rather your favorite band released five albums in a decade or one album in a decade?????

And please don't use the idiotic "I'd rather get one GnR album than 10 BJ albums. I'd rather get one brilliant album than get 10 crappy albums." You are combing two different topics. The question is simple. Would you rather get 5 albums in decade from YOUR favorite band or would you rather get 1 album a decade from your favorite band??????????

And a few of you have mentioned that 1 brilliant album in 15 years thing. So you really don't have much faith in Axl, do you. You think he is only capable of creating one great song per year????? I think the man is a musical rock legend and could easily produce a high quality album every two years. Weird you worship a singer, but have no faith in his musical ability.

I have no doubt that Axl can put out quality music ever few years. YOU only think he is capable of one quality album every 15 years? Are you a fan or not?

And, using your logic...........there are a lot of "fans" who think that CD sucked. Does that mean Axl should never release another album? 25 million people bought Appetite, 15 million bought Illusions....3 million bought CD. Does that mean Axl should stop releasing music? According to your statements - it does.

BUT BACK TO MEtallica.

Just because YOU think their music sucks, doesn't mean that their fans do.

And, nobody is forcing people to buy their albums. Nobody is holding fans hostage. If they don't want to spend their money, they don't have to.

The difference is that Metallica GIVES THEIR FANS music to choose from. GnR doesn't.

I don't even listen to them that much anymore. I listen to Ride The Lightening more than any of their other albums. Though " Jump In The Fire' is still played a lot on my IPOD.

Here is what Metallica has done in the 16 years you have said they should have hung it up. This is what Metallica fans have gotten to enjoy, from their favorite band.

Oh - as comparison

GnR..............one album

vs

Metallica

1996 - Album

1997 - Album

1998 - Album

1999 - Concert Film, the orchestra

2003 - Album

2004 - Behind the Scenes DVD of the band

2006 - DVD containing all their videos

2007 - Tribute song, nominated for a grammy

2008 - Album

2010 - release THREE EPs of live songs

2011 - Album

2011 - EP of unreleased songs

To celebrate their 30th year in the business, they had four concerts in San Fran. Tickets were - yes, not lying - tickets were SIX DOLLARS APIECE.

Special guests at the show included Mustaine, Ozzy, Newstad, Danzig, Jerry Cantrell, King Dimond amongst other rock stars.

You think those albums are all junk?

Metallica had five straight albums debut at number one on Billboard - first band ever to do that.

One of the albums stayed number one for three weeks.

Several songs/albums were nominated for Grammys, some won

I'd say the majority of their fans were pretty happy, even if you aren't.

HOw's that comparison compare to what GnR has done in the same time frame?????

Again, not comparing which band or albums YOU personally like better. That is irrelevent.

In the next 16 years which would you rather have from GnR:

6 full length albums, 4 EPS featuring live and unreleased songs, concert DVDs, Behind the Scenes DVD of the band

or

1 album

???????

not much of a comparison, huh?

Off topic, MSL,

Unlike you, many of us are not perfect. We give our opinion on issues. Sometimes our opinions end up not being 100% accurate. In the high majority of those cases, people are not purposely lying - like you continually accuse people of.

I offer no apology to anybody on here if my statement on napster and metallica is not correct. This is a rock n roll music forum, a place for people to share ideas. People aren't turning in disertations that need to be scrutinized for accuracy.

If I am wrong about something, I would love for another poster to say "hey dude, this is what actually happened" and then I will respond "Thanks bro, that makes sense." Issue over.

But you come across as a complete prick because your response is "You are wrong. You are a liar. You owe us an apology. You are a liar and a slanderer, and I offer you 10,000 to take a lie detector test.

You have an abundance of GnR knowledge and seem like a pretty smart guy. But the way you act and treat people on here......well, that's why the majority of posters don't like you. It isn't because you are always right (in your opinion) it's because you come off as an arrogant prick most of the time.

This is pretty spot on actually.

No one with your higher than average level of stupidity could be moneyed.

Edited by axl8302

Guest Broskirose

No one with your higher than average level of stupidity could be moneyed.

you know nothing of my intelligence.