Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare!

Dazey

Can't thw US just have good Medicare that essentially covers everything like we have in Australia? We only pay like 1.5% of taxable income for it anyway.

we do it covers everything it comes out of our checks. like i said you have a 300 or 400 dollar prescription medicaid makes you pay 2 dollars for it. doctors visits are free and some places you might have to pay a 10 dollar fee to see the doctor.

the problem is government first lied about the cost and the cost has gone through the roof and now costs many many more times than they said it would cost. and then the government used the funs as their piggy bank to blow the money on stupid shit millions were spent i kid you not on how fast ketchup came out of a glass bottle.

i agree with some of the stuff in the law, i strongly disagree about the mandate. now obama when he was trying to sell us on this he said it wasnt a tax and yet the supreme court says it is lol

now the system they want is if you refuse to pay for health insurance you get fined money if you dont pay the fine you go to jail.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too sure about this law.

Universal state provision is the way to go, there is absolutely no doubt about it, but this middle road might end up worse than the Welcome to the Jungle that was before. What I mean is that the extra coverage could (likely will) be dwarfed by the extra expenses.

I'm not too sure about this law.

Universal state provision is the way to go, there is absolutely no doubt about it, but this middle road might end up worse than the Welcome to the Jungle that was before. What I mean is that the extra coverage could (likely will) be dwarfed by the extra expenses.

what will happen is with all the taxes coming in from the 4 years or so before the system is implemented (supposed to kickoff in 2014) is that it will sustain for a very short period of time until the bills come due this is why the CBO numbers were so low and why the real cost will be much higher. they are taking in 4 years of taxes to pay for 10 years of care. in the first couple of years of the law the fine is much lower than the cost of paying for health care for their workers. any business over 50 employees much pay for their workers health care what are the buisnesses going to do? they are going to pay the fine and dump the coverage of their workers. the CBO already said 20+ million employees are going to lose their health care coverage, and this was said to be a very conservative number.

this decision is going to be a double edged sword for obama yeah he won but this is going to haunt him in november, especially when adds pop up about him saying this wasnt a tax and there wouldnt be 1 cent increase in anybodies taxes.

Can't thw US just have good Medicare that essentially covers everything like we have in Australia? We only pay like 1.5% of taxable income for it anyway.

we do it covers everything it comes out of our checks. like i said you have a 300 or 400 dollar prescription medicaid makes you pay 2 dollars for it. doctors visits are free and some places you might have to pay a 10 dollar fee to see the doctor.

the problem is government first lied about the cost and the cost has gone through the roof and now costs many many more times than they said it would cost. and then the government used the funs as their piggy bank to blow the money on stupid shit millions were spent i kid you not on how fast ketchup came out of a glass bottle.

i agree with some of the stuff in the law, i strongly disagree about the mandate. now obama when he was trying to sell us on this he said it wasnt a tax and yet the supreme court says it is lol

now the system they want is if you refuse to pay for health insurance you get fined money if you dont pay the fine you go to jail.

The good part of this is going to be accountability of people and insurance companies from gouging customers, or fraud.

The Medicare Part D donut hole was making seniors go to the ER to get their medication, so they wouldn't have to pay out of pocket for expensive meds. Think about how fast that adds up. The pharma industry needed to subsidize or have some sort of program in place when people fell in the hole. Some people of course ordered meds online, or went to Mexico and stocked up. I know in Cali, some people get Mexican insurance because they saved a bunch, some doctors work both sides of the border.

I still don't know what is going to happen on the malpractice insurance end of things, that's part of why going to a doctor is expensive. How are the ambulance chasers affected by this as well?

People don't understand it, but you have to go chip away at it and see it piece by piece before deciding on whether it's a good thing or bad thing in time. The boomers are hitting 65 this decade, but people who are underemployed or unemployed need coverage.

It's a good time to get a coding class (I've called the insurance companies about experimental meds and transplants for a friend, they always had to find a supervisor.. test out and you have a guaranteed job) , or work in Health IT...

The debt in America's ridiculous, and they really needed to have McCain and Kerry (or whoever oversees the defense budget and has need to know on the Area 51 type shit) dig deep into the defense budget.

I know some things about defense and healthcare, but very little.

I thought I made it pretty clear in my post that there are plenty of people who work so much harder for no return, than those reaping the benefits of wealth throughout not just American society but the world. How does one quantify "hard work" and reward it accordingly? A lot of wealthy people do work hard for what they have, a lot inherit wealth, and yet more just happen to be in the right place at the right time. It's the random, chaotic nature of life.The whole ethos behind this is to ameliorate this inequality and to accept it as an injustice rather than to continue proliferating it. To provide for those people what chance and Geography could not. It's all very well to sit and say "change your situation," but unless you're going to sit and evaluate this on a case-by-case basis, how are you going to know if that's possible? And if we're talking about potentially saving lives here then surely it's better to err on the side of caution?

ok, enough already there Mother Theresa, we get it.

the problem is, America, Americans are already the most generous souls on the face of the earth when it comes to opening up their pocketbooks.

we do take care of our less fortunate, its called medicaid. You show up at an American hospital sick, we take care of whatever it is that ails you for as long as it takes to fix you.

No one is turned to the streets to die.

The problem with this Obamacare, and thats what it is, Obamcare, not a legislated law, because not a single republican voted for it, is that it provides no relief to those of us already paying out of control costs

for health care and doing the right thing by climbing the ladder at least high enough to be finacially responsible for ourselves.

AND

this bill now asks us to chip in more through our taxes to provide it for the same throngs of freeloaders that vulture off every other government handout we already have.

We payed out 250 billion dollars in benefits to illegal aliens in this country last year.

People on welfare here now get debit cards with their benefit balances on them that they can use to buy beer and cigarettes and air jordans if they choose to.

keep in mind unlike "other" countries we have millions of people here illegally along with the freeloaders that are simply taking advantage of the free ride.

And were friggin sick of it. Obama is pandering to the demographic for votes, thats all hes doing. He could care less about the less fortunate.

his Aunt and Uncle are both here illegally and collecting these benefits, his aunt lives 10 miles from me in free public housing, and they both have been deported numerous times and wont leave.

This bill doesnt pay for itself, it takes 500 billion dollars over a decade out of medicare benefits for seniors to pay for it, and the rest will come from all kinds of different taxes on everything from profits on home sales to taxes on fucking tanning booths of all things, go read it.

And it allows the government to tell you what kind of care you get and when you get it.

"All services must be approved by the government", dont see that nightmare of paperwork and administration costs coming do you?

Its another step toward a nanny state which I find insulting to the America I know.

I pay 8000 a year CASH for my healthcare, and my employer kicks in another 8000,

and Obamacare will give the same coverage I have to millions of people for a small fraction of that price and now in addition to my $16000 contribution (because if my employer didnt have to chip in 8k maybe he could give some of that to me in salary) now I have to chip in through my already high taxes to give someone else healthcare.

Thats the gripe we on the other side of the debate have.

tell me how that works for you?

Edited by shades

Guest Len B'stard

fuck me, you give up 16,000 a fuckin year just for healthcare!?!?!?! What do you do for a living man, you must be fuckin loaded, 16,000, thats like someones years wages.

fuck me, you give up 16,000 a fuckin year just for healthcare!?!?!?! What do you do for a living man, you must be fuckin loaded, 16,000, thats like someones years wages.

It's in dollars so thats about two and six in old money! ;):lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Even if it translates into like, 12,000 or whatever, fuck me, thats still a bottom end years wage.

Even if it translates into like, 12,000 or whatever, fuck me, thats still a bottom end years wage.

More like £6k from him personally but it's still fucking ridiculous!

dont underestimate Justice Roberts intellegence and motive in siding with the 'left'

in his writing he plainly stated that its a tax thereby constitutionaly upheld on that ground.

And Obama said it wasnt a tax when he layed it out. tax is a dirty word these days.

My early take is that this will backfire on Obama, galvanize and fire up the base to get out and vote in record numbers.

already signs of that in donations to Romney just yesterday.

And I cant imagine Obama getting the rock star turnout he got last time.

I think essentially what Justice Roberts did was say,

lets leave it in the hands of the people, the voters in November will decide.

Edited by shades

This whole thing is a total clusterfuck. If you're going to do state sponsored healthcare you cut out the insurance companies completely. This half arsed approach was always going to be a right bollocks up. Do it properly or simply don't do it.

The problem with this Obamacare, and thats what it is, Obamcare, not a legislated law, because not a single republican voted for it,

No actually it was a legislated law as it was voted on by Congress. The fact that the Republicans did not support it is irrelevant...........

The problem with this Obamacare, and thats what it is, Obamcare, not a legislated law, because not a single republican voted for it,

No actually it was a legislated law as it was voted on by Congress. The fact that the Republicans did not support it is irrelevant...........

Ok Hitler,

who do you think those republicans represent?

If I need to explain the way our system works to you just ask

Edited by shades

Part of the problem is that people abuse the system, from top to bottom. For example, I once had to go to the Doctor due to having a finger that had swollen up for no discernible reason. Now, I have private health insurance with full coverage, and knowing that the Dr decided to send me for every test known to man. Urinalysis, blood-work, ECG, scans, the list goes on. It's not even the slightest exaggeration to say that I had 6-7 separate tests which weren't needed simply because the Dr knew that he could charge my health insurance company for it. That is multiple thousands of Dollars of padding simply because the Dr knew it would get paid. What did I need in the end? Some Sulphur tablets and a couple of days and nothing else. Cost? $5.

Part of the problem is that people abuse the system, from top to bottom. For example, I once had to go to the Doctor due to having a finger that had swollen up for no discernible reason. Now, I have private health insurance with full coverage, and knowing that the Dr decided to send me for every test known to man. Urinalysis, blood-work, ECG, scans, the list goes on. It's not even the slightest exaggeration to say that I had 6-7 separate tests which weren't needed simply because the Dr knew that he could charge my health insurance company for it. That is multiple thousands of Dollars of padding simply because the Dr knew it would get paid. What did I need in the end? Some Sulphur tablets and a couple of days and nothing else. Cost? $5.

i agree some people abuse the system no doubt but some doctors do that so they dont get fucking sued into oblivion. if someone comes in with an ailment and the doctor notices the symptoms and thinks it is a certain ailment that he has treated before writes out a prescription and sends the person on their way just for them to comeback weeks later and then run tests and it comes back as something different than what you treated get ready for a a 500k lawsuit or more

if that happend to you or me i would run every test under the sun so i dont get sued.

as for the bill the medicaid expansion was found unconstitutional so now states can opt out of the expansion of medicaid so now all these people are going to be thrown into these exchanges which is going to drive the price up even more and on top of that since this wasnt a tax that became one the govt hasnt collect the money to go towards the implementation of obama care so instead of 4 years of non taxes that became taxes to pay for 10 years of healthcare its going to be 2 years and on top of that alot of people will pay the fines instead of paying the tax which is going to hurt the finances for the obama care even more, this is going to be a rock around the neck of this country for a very long time unless it is repealed IMO

as for the bill the medicaid expansion was found unconstitutional so now states can opt out of the expansion of medicaid so now all these people are going to be thrown into these exchanges which is going to drive the price up even more and on top of that since this wasnt a tax that became one the govt hasnt collect the money to go towards the implementation of obama care so instead of 4 years of non taxes that became taxes to pay for 10 years of healthcare its going to be 2 years and on top of that alot of people will pay the fines instead of paying the tax which is going to hurt the finances for the obama care even more, this is going to be a rock around the neck of this country for a very long time unless it is repealed IMO

If you can correctly diagram that sentence, I will pay for your healthcare.

If you can correctly diagram that sentence, I will pay for your healthcare.

:rolleyes: