Axl's voice

Paulywauly

Yeah I know there's lots of posts on this, but I think at least these posts are important and interestIng and not just pointless.

As a singer in a band myself the voice is obviously something that interests me greatly.

Especially Axl's, I was just wondering what everyone thinks of the change from 10 to now.

It's pretty drastic, I thought that it was getting pretty powerful again, but then, when you listen to any of the 2010 YouTube vids you realise it's nowhere near what it was, listen to any Rosie vids or rocket queen, the power from then is not terr now, the change between the last 2010 concert to the rio gig was like to separate singers.

I'm confused, what's everyone else's view of what's happened?

Still love his voice tho so not wanting to get all negative or anything.

Agreed that the power isn't there now. There is probably something physically wrong in his throat so that he can't push it too much at the moment. It has happened before so why not now?

Agreed that the power isn't there now. There is probably something physically wrong in his throat so that he can't push it too much at the moment. It has happened before so why not now?

i suspect axl has a undisclosed medical problem with his throat affecting his voice on this tour

I'm guessing it's what they call throat polyps (or nodules, whatever). Axl has very demanding singing style, and constant afterparties don't help rest his voice properly, even if he does "cooldowns" after show.

And at his age, the recovery isn't as fast (though I'm not sure of this)

what are you talking about? he sounds better than ever... :tongue2:

axl struggles on the high notes. axl does okay on slash classics like estranged. but on songs axl has 2 raise his voice in high pitch and carry a note.....axl struggles

Yeah I know there's lots of posts on this, but I think at least these posts are important and interestIng and not just pointless.

As a singer in a band myself the voice is obviously something that interests me greatly.

Especially Axl's, I was just wondering what everyone thinks of the change from 10 to now.

It's pretty drastic, I thought that it was getting pretty powerful again, but then, when you listen to any of the 2010 YouTube vids you realise it's nowhere near what it was, listen to any Rosie vids or rocket queen, the power from then is not terr now, the change between the last 2010 concert to the rio gig was like to separate singers.

In 2012 90% of the stuff Axl sings is in Mickey Mouse "mode"....but then again every now and then he pulls a Rocket Queen (and other songs at the same show) like this....explain that! :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41f-pUqFoxg

Edited by trqster

That's what scares me on the future of Axl and co. Not trying to be bash, or be a dick, just genuine concern.

He has no more expendable time, not like he did taking his sweet ass time with CD, and although his voice is still good enough for touring, it's only seemingly getting worse. A lot of people say that the next album will probably see the light of day in a couple years, but even then, I find Axl's voice will only diminish further. Will he be able to tour the next record (of God willing it ever it happens)? Later's starting to not be an option anymore...

In 2012 90% of the stuff Axl sings is in Mickey Mouse "mode"....but then again every now and then he pulls a Rocket Queen (and other songs at the same show) like this....explain that! :confused:

Easy

he "saves" his voice by going into "Mickey Mode" a lot of the time but actually "uses" it during songs like that

Most of the Philly show sounded like that. It was a hell of a show.

maybe it's time axl or team brazil addresses the medical problem with axl's throat that's affecting his voice on tour

I remember during the Axl chats, a bunch of people asked him what was up with his voice in 2002, and he ignored them.

why did axl ignore fans in the dexter chats who asked about his voice medical prob?