Has anyone tried acupuncture?

UK SUBS

I've had lower back pain for a week or so and honestly i cant take any more pills for the pain - I know you'll say go to the doctors and i will if it continues but just got me thinking about acupuncture but honestly i havent a clue. Have any of you used it and if so, did it work, does it hurt, etc, etc?:question:

I was in a pretty bad car accident. Going 50-55 mph through an intercetion and was hit by a car running the red light from her side (also going 50-55 mph). She t-boned me.

Anyway

I had a pretty bad neck injury that ended up taking a full two years to rehab back to normal.

Chiropractor worked. Physical Therapist worked.

Five sessions of acupuncture and 3 sessions of acupressure produced no results at all.

Some people swear by it though. But for me, it didn't work at all. Not even 1%.

I've had lower back pain for a week or so and honestly i cant take any more pills for the pain - I know you'll say go to the doctors and i will if it continues but just got me thinking about acupuncture but honestly i havent a clue. Have any of you used it and if so, did it work, does it hurt, etc, etc?:question:

Wouldn't be the first prick you taken from behind followed by a noticeable burning sensation would it? :laugh:

Wouldn't be the first prick you taken from behind followed by a noticeable burning sensation would it? :laugh:

:laugh: fuck you!

Hey, admin in pain this is no laughing matter...:angry:

I'm off my tits on Co-codamol with the toothache from hell right now so you have my sympathy but I also wasn't letting the opportunity to make that comment go to waste! :P

I'm off my tits on Co-codamol with the toothache from hell right now so you have my sympathy but I also wasn't letting the opportunity to make that comment go to waste! :P

tell me about it -- Co-codamol is the shit!! but i dont want to waste a day of my life tomorrow whilst i get cold turkey. would rather suffer in pain....... i think?:(

Lol codeine. That's what you get with free health care I guess, when you privatize like the US, then you start getting the good shit.

edit to actually respond to topic, inversion feels great, or I have a pull up bar in one of my doorways that I can dangle from and really feel a good stretch in my back. As far as acupunture, who the fuck knows. Maybe to combat atrophy or something but I can't see it for pain.

Edited by AxlisOld

Lol codeine. That's what you get with free health care I guess, when you privatize like the US, then you start getting the good shit.

edit to actually respond to topic, inversion feels great, or I have a pull up bar in one of my doorways that I can dangle from and really feel a good stretch in my back. As far as acupunture, who the fuck knows. Maybe to combat atrophy or something but I can't see it for pain.

Inversions are awesome!

I have back trouble too, but I've never tried it. I see a chiropractor though and in addition to treatment, he suggested core strengthening exercises.

Boobs too big ey? :thumbsup:

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h_nWeXIVL0

01:31 - 02:24

there is your answer :P

That was funny to watch (I watched all of it). What's not funny is watching some poor saps you know in real life buy into this shit. However, someone I know does, but she does suffer from some real problems for which she has not found anything that gives relief. If bullshit has a good enough placebo effect on her that she feels her quality of life is better, then good for her I guess.

It would be fun to make a television show like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h_nWeXIVL0

01:31 - 02:24

there is your answer :P

That was funny to watch (I watched all of it). What's not funny is watching some poor saps you know in real life buy into this shit. However, someone I know does, but she does suffer from some real problems for which she has not found anything that gives relief. If bullshit has a good enough placebo effect on her that she feels her quality of life is better, then good for her I guess.

It would be fun to make a television show like that.

agree.

If it'a minor problem and they find relife in something that isn't proven but they just feel it's good for them for some reason I guess it's okej but at the same time I get mad at the people who's using them and makes money on all these different kinds of treatments that doesn't really do anything and isn't even proven to work. Like when people who suffers from cancer or some other disease or illness only uses alternative medicine it's really sad and it's just so immoral of the people who are selling them all this junk.

If you have the time and is in the mood to watch their alternative medicine episode you can do it here :)

Edited by Desperado

A neighbour of mine has terrible back pain.

Acupuncture did nothing...(but as stated in here,does work for some).

There's a newer thing called laser treatment (don't know anything about it tbh)..but she went for treatments and she's pain free.

Cheers guys and girls -- going to the chiropractor in an hour!:question:

My first visit to the chiropractor was one of the most euphoric feelings in my life. Goes to show how bad my back is. The relief only lasted a few days and each visit got less and less helpful. I will probably need surgery later in life.

My first visit to the chiropractor was one of the most euphoric feelings in my life. Goes to show how bad my back is. The relief only lasted a few days and each visit got less and less helpful. I will probably need surgery later in life.

Well i can now relate to that - Just back (*side note, she as a hot blond, just saying - mind i dont think she was gutted either! anyway.....lol). OMG my back cracked (she said it was "gases from the joints") but fuck me that noise was unreal - She worked it hard and it felt good when i got dressed but now I'm home, I'm back to the drugs and £50 lighter :(

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I have not tried acupuncture myself but my Nana gets it done every month or so and she swears by it. It's kind of amazing. She walks in hunched over crippled in pain and walks out with a straight spine and looks way more flexible and happier in herself. She is a bit of a whinger and she never complains about the pain so I don't think you have to worry about that.

I say give it a go. I'd like to try it myself. Sometimes pain can be soothing.

Well i can now relate to that - Just back (*side note, she as a hot blond, just saying - mind i dont think she was gutted either! anyway.....lol). OMG my back cracked (she said it was "gases from the joints") but fuck me that noise was unreal - She worked it hard and it felt good when i got dressed but now I'm home, I'm back to the drugs and £50 lighter :(

That's something that people don't understand about the chiropractor, you have to keep going and it's not something you could, or should for that matter, just go when you think you need it. You wouldn't only go to the dentist once and call it good until your teeth started falling out, would you? It's definitely not for everyone, but it has helped me loads. I think you should keep going.

And I agree the noise is very disturbing. I'm glad mine does drop adjustments now. :scared: