Has Axl given up on defending himself?

Jakey Styley

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go read the interviews I uploaded related to Snakepit and you will see Slash says it was a collaboration with Eric Dover and some of the others.

but where did he say they were equal financial partners?

go read the interviews..stop being lazy and do your own homework..I gave you the tools all you have to do is use them.............

Hahahahahah, I've done more homework than you can ever imagine, which is how I know he never said it. You say I'm being lazy for not finding something I say doesn't exist, yet for $100,000 you aren't willing to find something you say does exist.

Why is that?

Because most people do not take you or your wages seriously and find you to be one of the biggest cupcakes on the forum, who attempted to blackmail and extort the band while attacking any critic of them.You're a joke and a cupcake who comes here for attention.

I never attempted to blackmail or extort anyone, so you very quickly reveal your lack of attention to detail in regards to the truth.

Actually you did in that video you made where you said you were going to release GNR's 2011 plans if they didn't first.

Agreed. You don't need to be a Slash hater to know that everything you said is true.

No actually everything this poster said is bullshit and only a Slash hater would actually believe his/her nonsense.........

Really? Are your argument that Slash didn't write songs/lyrics on Snakepit has been thoroughly debunked in this thread. The facts show that Slash has had just as tough a time hanging onto lead singers post-GnR as Axl has guitarists (4 different singers on 5 albums that featured a single lead singer). The facts show that Slash has shitcanned two versions of VR that everyone else in the band was enjoying, and that probably would've been tremendously successful (with Josh Todd and Keith Nelson, and then with Corey Taylor). My opinion is that Axl's comments about him not wanting things to get too big because then he can't control everything is dead on; based on Slash's past comments, actions and behavior (including his current preference for his own band of yes-men/employees versus restarting VR), to me that's the most logical conclusion. He made his "power play" in Guns by trying to force everyone to do his songs with little to no input, and it backfired and broke up the band. That's the sad reality that Slash fans don't want to admit.

He made his "power play" in Guns by trying to force everyone to do his songs with little to no input, and it backfired and broke up the band. That's the sad reality that Slash fans don't want to admit.

He didn't force Guns to do his songs with little or no input. He did his songs outside of guns. It was fair.

He made his "power play" in Guns by trying to force everyone to do his songs with little to no input, and it backfired and broke up the band. That's the sad reality that Slash fans don't want to admit.

He didn't force Guns to do his songs with little or no input. He did his songs outside of guns. It was fair.

I said "tried." When he didn't get his way, instead of collaborating or compromising (you know, acting like a band?) he just said "fuck this" and went and recorded/released his solo album (that he tried to make a GnR album) and went on tour, all while the rest of the band was trying to make a new GnR album. This caused a huge rift. But again, Slash fans don't want to admit this; they'd prefer to believe Axl is crazy and it's all his fault.

I said "tried." When he didn't get his way, instead of collaborating or compromising (you know, acting like a band?) he just said "fuck this" and went and recorded/released his solo album (that he tried to make a GnR album) and went on tour, all while the rest of the band was trying to make a new GnR album. This caused a huge rift. But again, Slash fans don't want to admit this; they'd prefer to believe Axl is crazy and it's all his fault.

'You know where to put your Shutup and Sing'- from 'Sorry'.

Agreed. You don't need to be a Slash hater to know that everything you said is true.

No actually everything this poster said is bullshit and only a Slash hater would actually believe his/her nonsense.........

Really? Are your argument that Slash didn't write songs/lyrics on Snakepit has been thoroughly debunked in this thread. The facts show that Slash has had just as tough a time hanging onto lead singers post-GnR as Axl has guitarists (4 different singers on 5 albums that featured a single lead singer). The facts show that Slash has shitcanned two versions of VR that everyone else in the band was enjoying, and that probably would've been tremendously successful (with Josh Todd and Keith Nelson, and then with Corey Taylor). My opinion is that Axl's comments about him not wanting things to get too big because then he can't control everything is dead on; based on Slash's past comments, actions and behavior (including his current preference for his own band of yes-men/employees versus restarting VR), to me that's the most logical conclusion. He made his "power play" in Guns by trying to force everyone to do his songs with little to no input, and it backfired and broke up the band. That's the sad reality that Slash fans don't want to admit.

Spot On :thumbsup:

they'd prefer to believe Axl is crazy and it's all his fault.

I believe Axl is crazy AND Slash has a huge ego. They both fucked a lot of stuff up, I don't think just one of them are to blame. Hell everyone is to blame IMO, but it is what it is. To me it is just silly to see people here blame one but not attribute ANY negative criticism to the other

why is any blame needed?

what if axl and slash just didn't want to play the kind of music the other wanted to play?

people get divorced all the time. what's the big deal?

Because it was more than just creative differences, evidenced by Axl and Slash's own grievanced towards each other. You don't call a person a "cancer" if you just don't want to play the style of music he wants to. Both are to blame for why that band is not together right now and why it fell apart

Because it was more than just creative differences, evidenced by Axl and Slash's own grievanced towards each other. You don't call a person a "cancer" if you just don't want to play the style of music he wants to. Both are to blame for why that band is not together right now and why it fell apart

slash is a cancer for things he did AFTER the divorce. if he'd moved on with his life and left axl alone, i doubt axl would have said shit (and they may have even reconciled).

Didn't Axl also say something about that Slash should have left after Lies? I was under the impression that Axl's comments were because of the big picture meaning before and after the split. Anyway, both are a part of the reason that band "divorced"

slash is a cancer for things he did AFTER the divorce. if he'd moved on with his life and left axl alone, i doubt axl would have said shit (and they may have even reconciled).

Didn't Axl also say something about that Slash should have left after Lies? I was under the impression that Axl's comments were because of the big picture meaning before and after the split. Anyway, both are a part of the reason that band "divorced"

"There is the distinct possibility that having his intentions [to take over the band] in regard to me so deeply ingrained and his personal though guarded distaste for much of 'Appetite' other than his or Duff's playing, Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies.' In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

"There is the distinct possibility that having his intentions [to take over the band] in regard to me so deeply ingrained and his personal though guarded distaste for much of 'Appetite' other than his or Duff's playing, Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies.' In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

Yup that is the quote. No doubt both are part of the issue

Actually you did in that video you made where you said you were going to release GNR's 2011 plans if they didn't first.

That's not blackmail, nor is it extortion. Do you know what words mean?

What would you have called it?

Really? Are your argument that Slash didn't write songs/lyrics on Snakepit has been thoroughly debunked in this thread. The facts show that Slash has had just as tough a t 7ime hanging onto lead singers post-GnR as Axl has guitarists (4 different singers on 5 albums that featured a single lead singer). The facts show that Slash has shitcanned two versions of VR that everyone else in the band was enjoying, and that probably would've been tremendously successful (with Josh Todd and Keith Nelson, and then with Corey Taylor). My opinion is that Axl's comments about him not wanting things to get too big because then he can't control everything is dead on; based on Slash's past comments, actions and behavior (including his current preference for his own band of yes-men/employees versus restarting VR), to me that's the most logical conclusion. He made his "power play" in Guns by trying to force everyone to do his songs with little to no input, and it backfired and broke up the band. That's the sad reality that Slash fans don't want to admit.

No your wrong again mate...go read the song writing credits I posted for the first Snakepit album and you will see Slash did not write all the lyrics himself...and read the following article I uploaded where Slash states he only wrote the words to 2 songs "Be the Ball" and "Take it Away" so again you are trying to change history without any facts to back you up......

http://www.4shared.com/office/p_aew-jH/slashs_snakepit.html

if you are going to slander Slash at least get your facts straight and be able to prove your claims...you are worse than MSL when it comes to being able to support your claims............

Edited by classicrawker

Slash said in his biography that he co-wrote the lyrics to all the songs on 5 O' Clock Somewhere with Eric Dover, and that he used it as a way to vent about his frustrations with Axl. So either he was lying (again) in his biography, he wrote a lot of the lyrics on the album, and a lot of them were directed toward Axl. Are you seriously still debating this? I never claimed that Slash wrote "all" the lyrics on the album

Edited by shotgunblues1978

Slash said in his biography that he co-wrote the lyrics to all the songs on 5 O' Clock Somewhere with Eric Dover, and that he used it as a way to vent about his frustrations with Axl. So either he was lying (again) in his biography, he wrote a lot of the lyrics on the album, and a lot of them were directed toward Axl. Are you seriously still debating this? I never claimed that Slash wrote "all" the lyrics on the album

Now your not even quoting from his book correctly..Slash said they both wrote lyrics for the album not that they co-wrote them....and he never said he wrote most of them...look at the credits and read the RS article I posted...it clearly states he wrote the lyrics to two songs......get your facts straight........

Edited by classicrawker

"I did write a lot of lyrics on the 1st Snakepit record. Mostly because I had a lot to vent at that time."

http://www.facebook.com/notes/slash-perla-hudson/slash-interview-part-2/10150556588673060

"With Mike Clink producing, and Matt and Mike Inez playing, I properly recorded the demos we'd done. We found ourselves a singer - Eric Dover of Jellyfish - who fit bill well enough at the time. He and I wrote the lyrics to all twelve tracks and I think it's pretty easy to tell which songs he wrote and which ones I wrote: all of my songs are directed at one person... though no-one picked up on it at the time. I used the record as an opportunity to vent a lot of shit that I needed to get off my chest." (Slash, Autobiography)

Now are you going to keep rambling on about semantics, or are you going to acknowledge that Slash, by his own words, wrote "a lot" of the lyrics on Snakepit 1, and many of them were negative lyrics about Axl, and that these songs were released while he was still in GnR? Slash changes his story like he changes clothes a lot of the times, so at one point he may have said he only wrote lyrics for two songs, but at other times he's suggested he wrote lyrics on for more songs than that, as no one would consider two songs "a lot" of lyrics. Also, didn't bother reading the article you posted, but if it was from back in the days he was in GnR or shortly thereafter, obviously he would not admit to writing lyrics to certain songs. He also denied that the Snakepit album was comprised of songs rejected by GnR, only to admit to that later (after everyone else's side of the story came out). He also claimed that Crucify The Dead wasn't about Axl.

So, again, did Slash write lyrics "venting" about Axl on the Snakepit album when he was still in GnR? Or was he lying? Which one is it? My guess is that you'll try to tiptoe around the central, crucial point of this discussion yet again.

Edited by shotgunblues1978

"I did write a lot of lyrics on the 1st Snakepit record. Mostly because I had a lot to vent at that time."

http://www.facebook.com/notes/slash-perla-hudson/slash-interview-part-2/10150556588673060

"With Mike Clink producing, and Matt and Mike Inez playing, I properly recorded the demos we'd done. We found ourselves a singer - Eric Dover of Jellyfish - who fit bill well enough at the time. He and I wrote the lyrics to all twelve tracks and I think it's pretty easy to tell which songs he wrote and which ones I wrote: all of my songs are directed at one person... though no-one picked up on it at the time. I used the record as an opportunity to vent a lot of shit that I needed to get off my chest." (Slash, Autobiography)

Now are you going to keep rambling on about semantics, or are you going to acknowledge that Slash, by his own words, wrote "a lot" of the lyrics on Snakepit 1, and many of them were negative lyrics about Axl, and that these songs were released while he was still in GnR? Slash changes his story like he changes clothes a lot of the times, so at one point he may have said he only wrote lyrics for two songs, but at other times he's suggested he wrote lyrics on for more songs than that, as no one would consider two songs "a lot" of lyrics. Also, didn't bother reading the article you posted, but if it was from back in the days he was in GnR or shortly thereafter, obviously he would not admit to writing lyrics to certain songs. He also denied that the Snakepit album was comprised of songs rejected by GnR, only to admit to that later (after everyone else's side of the story came out). He also claimed that Crucify The Dead wasn't about Axl.

So, again, did Slash write lyrics "venting" about Axl on the Snakepit album when he was still in GnR? Or was he lying? Which one is it? My guess is that you'll try to tiptoe around the central, crucial point of this discussion yet again.

"Take It Away" is the only one you could say had anything to do with Axl.

It's just sad Slash quit then kept whining about it for so long. If he was that bothered he shouldn't have quit.

Huh?

what? what mate?

I just preferred how Izzy handled it, not so media or whatever.

It's just sad Slash quit then kept whining about it for so long. If he was that bothered he shouldn't have quit.

Huh?

what? what mate?

Huh?

what? what mate?