Axl's voice

YOUCOULDBEMINE.

Am I the only one that still is kinda disappointed with Axl's vocal performances this tour?

I was always the first to say that I knew that Axl would get better after 5-10 shows but I haven't really seen any improvement since the UCAP tour.

It's a lot better than the Rio show but it's still nothing compared to 2006/07 and 2010.

I know we had this discussion a million times but that was always somewhere at the start of a tour.

The only thing I agree on is that he sounded better when I saw them live this year than he does on Youtube videos, but he sounded way better when I saw them in 2006 and 2010.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have discussed this to death, but I think he's intentionally holding back. He has had some great performances of a lot of songs on this tour, but it isn't consistent like it was in those previous tours. I'm secretly hoping that he's holding back because he intends to get in the studio.

Anyone with an opinion that I do care about?

Dont know if you care about mine, but were you not at the Rotterdam show? His voice was amazing that night. At the Paris and Germany shows he had good and bad moments, but in Rotterdam I thought he was great.

I wanted to say the same thing :D

Why would a Singer that has stated numerous times that he wont go on until he feels ready and can give 100%, be Intentionally holding back, Isn't that a contradiction, or Is It an excuse. IMO he hasn't sounded right since Rock In Rio.

We have discussed this to death, but I think he's intentionally holding back. He has had some great performances of a lot of songs on this tour, but it isn't consistent like it was in those previous tours. I'm secretly hoping that he's holding back because he intends to get in the studio.

Why would he go on a tour where he is not gonna give 100% and do his best.. Sounds weird to me.

Same shit since the first ever gnare'nt gig... He simply doesn't have it anymore. It is fucking long gone!

Still he can pull out this:

Explain that!

Those clips were better... Not by a lot...

Axl's voice, even at its best, is shit these days!

Fuckin' deal with it!

Dont know if you care about mine, but were you not at the Rotterdam show? His voice was amazing that night. At the Paris and Germany shows he had good and bad moments, but in Rotterdam I thought he was great.

Haha I do care about yours. And I agree that he sounded really good, way better than I expected. But it's still a big difference if you compare it to 2010, which still bothers me.

Songs like Rocket Queen and YCBM sounded awesome in 2010, and now they sound like they did in 2002.

What I also find weird is that he can sing with rasp, but as soon as he sings in a higher key that rasp disappears.

Just listen:

He didn't do it that much in 2010.

Haha I do care about yours. And I agree that he sounded really good, way better than I expected. But it's still a big difference if you compare it to 2010, which still bothers me.

Songs like Rocket Queen and YCBM sounded awesome in 2010, and now they sound like they did in 2002.

What I also find weird is that he can sing with rasp, but as soon as he sings in a higher key that rasp disappears.

Just listen:

He didn't do it that much in 2010.

I see what you mean. I'm not a singer so I don't know why the rasp disappears when he sings in a higher key, if it's done by him on purpose or what.

His 2010 voice was definitely better, but it's not at 2002 level imo. It's better than that.

I agree, he sings with a lot more power than he did in 2002.

And even though I think he sounded better in 2010 I must say that I enjoyed the 2012 show more.

I enjoyed the 2012 show(s) more too!

And even though I think he sounded better in 2010 I must say that I enjoyed the 2012 show more.

wasn't it pretty much the same show?

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I'll answer it anyways.

For me it wasn't the same show. There were several songs I didn't hear in 2010 that I heard this year (Estranged, Don't Cry, Civil War, Shacklers Revenge etc) So for me personally it was not the same show.

For me it wasn't the same show. There were several songs I didn't hear in 2010 that I heard this year (Estranged, Don't Cry, Civil War, Shacklers Revenge etc) So for me personally it was not the same show.

Weren't you at the 2010 Arnhem show? Because they played both Don't Cry and Shackler's there. They didn't play Patience though.

Weren't you at the 2010 Arnhem show? Because they played both Don't Cry and Shackler's there. They didn't play Patience though.

No, I was at the show in Denmark. They didn't start playing Don't Cry until further on in the tour.