Who has the best/worst tattoos in GNR?

Guest Broskirose

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Coolest tats gotta be Richard's. They awesome. Worst are Axl's. Horrible. Dreadful. Lame ideas, lame art, and now they're all blurry. Really, I can't express how much I think Axl's tattoos suck.

I think the opposite (though I don't hate Richard's tattoos, I just don't like them as in wouldn't like to have ones like those).

Axl's vs Rich's tattoos is like '80s-styled tattoos that have a deeper meaning or a story attached to them vs good artistically tribal tattoos that lack the deeper meaning.

Coolest tats gotta be Richard's. They awesome. Worst are Axl's. Horrible. Dreadful. Lame ideas, lame art, and now they're all blurry. Really, I can't express how much I think Axl's tattoos suck.

I think the opposite (though I don't hate Richard's tattoos, I just don't like them as in wouldn't like to have ones like those).

Axl's vs Rich's tattoos is like '80s-styled tattoos that have a deeper meaning or a story attached to them vs good artistically tribal tattoos that lack the deeper meaning.

I really don't give a rat's ass about 'stories behind tattoos'... I mean.. If some day I get a tattoo, it won't be to 'remind me of' anything, I don't need to permanently stain my skin to be reminded of important happenings in life. I'd get one if it looks good on me. Richard's tattoo were probably done by an amazing tattoo artist. They look perfect. DJ's are also very well drawn but they're pretty cheesy.

Also the "Havoc" tattoo is just awful, I mean it's just a blatant copy of Tommy Lee's "Mayhem". :rolleyes:

This, with the difference being Tommy has a rock'n'rollish (mixed with hip-hop or rap or something) appearance DJ totally lacks.

It's just so blatantly a copy of Tommy's tattoo which is just a bit sad to be honest.

What's even worse is that he worked with Motley so it makes him look like a 10 year old who saw something and copied it because he thought it would be cool (though Mayhem is a name of Tommy's band AFAIK, and I never heard of a band called Havoc).

Uhm...

Richard's tattoos are mostly sanskrit scriptures, hindu signs and his back is the Goddess Kali Yuga so how do they lack the deeper meaning ?

Didn't notice the sanskrit scriptures and hindu signs, and didn't know that was Goddess Kali Yuga, I just assumed it was something created specially for that tattoo. If you are right, then I was wrong, indeed.

But if I was getting a tattoo, I wouldn't take something that only looks good but lacks deeper meaning, I'd get something that represent something important to me or has a deeper meaning/story attached to it, 'cause otherwise I would feel like a poser.

What's even worse is that he worked with Motley so it makes him look like a 10 year old who saw something and copied it because he thought it would be cool (though Mayhem is a name of Tommy's band AFAIK, and I never heard of a band called Havoc).

Also say what you want about Motley but Tommy and Nikki have certainly gotten upto enough shit to justify the "Mayhem" tag. What are DJ’s hell raising accomplishments then? Beating up a fan with Axl and about six bodyguards to back him up?

Also say what you want about Motley but Tommy and Nikki have certainly gotten upto enough shit to justify the "Mayhem" tag. What are DJ’s hell raising accomplishments then? Beating up a fan with Axl and about six bodyguards to back him up?

Yeah, their lifestyle from until they went to rehab compared to his faked cheese snorting in a restaurant.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I was going to say Richard's until I saw that God awful back tattoo :scared:

The AFD artwork can beat any tattoo. So I'll pick Axl for the best.

Worst will have to go to DJ Ashba but like I said, I think Richard's back tat is truly vile.

(For the record I hate tattoos so I apologise if I made any tat lovers puke in their mouth)

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I don't get how people can like Axl's tattoos. They all look like they cost 15 bucks.. :scared:

They're God awful no doubt. I'm only picking Axl because he has the AFD cross on his arm. I like his rose too though even though it's a common one. The rest are crap and the ones on his legs are dreadful altogether.

Richard for Tatt's, there's a youtube that goes into detail of how he went to get them done whilst he was on tour with Rhianna, it was taking that long they brought them back to the arena to finish it off.

I don't think any of them are bad, a tatt is as good as the story behind it. I mean I don't think nothing of Axl's Thin lizzy tattoo, but he said that Phil Lynott was basically dad to him growing up (as in an influence, he didn't take him for ice creams) so its' something that meant alot to Axl, so that makes it a cool tatt.

Dj's are cool because they're are loads going on in them.

Edited by Axl_morris

Guest Broskirose

Axl and Richard easily have the coolest

DJ overall has awful taste so naturally his are the worst, he doesn't need it tattooed on his body to let the world know he's a demented piece of shit

:rofl-lol::thumbsup:

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Paul Tobias has the entire alternate CD booklet artwork on his back; I would consider it the best. There was no room for CD II.

When I was really young I read an interview by Ozzy sayin that his tattoos were looking like old wallpaper peeling off with time. I kept that in mind. I wouldnt like this for my body anyway (I talk so much bullshit! I do!!) so havent got that much effort to it, I suppose others do and thats fine. From the pics I saw posted, none of the tattoos look bad, and people get tattoos for different reasons, its their body, so I am not sure why some of you are looking for justifications.

I like the tattoos on Dj's neck, I so fuckin wanted to have my tattoo on my neck too, in the exact place he does but I am not a lead guitarist and so I thought about it quite well. So I thought about it and said to have it on my arm instead, and I havent regret it. I also like the crows on his chest, they are beautiful! (Ignore: You are a bitch Kim! Aah please, somebody, help. Dont you get it bitch, no one will ever hear you... ha ha!) Can I ask you peepees, why DJ has to copy Tommy's tattoos and Slash's hat again? lol You are ridiculous, you know that, right? :rolleyes: And why does he copy Tommy Lee or Nikki 6 or whomever it is & not Eminem for examle who has "Rot in pieces" in his belly? (Especially for Kim, trip, fell and land on it. Whichever of them too, I dont care. Hoo! & Close the F-door. Enjoy!)

I love the cross on Axl's lower hand. It is ok, you can pick on me for it but I FUCKIN LOVE IT!!! (Both his hand and the tatoo, shut up!) :wub: There are no enough ways to love Axl , the fuck I care if you understand , the fuck if you dont. I done my tattoo by having Axl's in my mind I suppose, as its quite high on my arm and now that I am thinkin about it, its a completely twisted version of his, I have never realized this before but now, dafuq! Anyway mine is better than his. OBVIOUSLY! lol

The best is on his left hand, near his wrist which I was unaware of he had........ among so many other things I was unaware of............ but then he decided to go estranged on us (as it implies look more info on video etymology) and so he disappeared for a few years and so I was supposed to misunderstand him for it and pretend to be surprised when he returned, and be more surprised with myself when I returned 5 years after he did... LOL Plus, I was supposed to have found someone to replace him in between, and be greatly surprised about this also that it didnt happen. As he wrote. Which was another surprising , not really, he did. Just estranged history repeating itself, my life is so predictable because of a song! But then again Slash calls it mermaid song, so I suppose I have to ink a peach on my forehead and another one on my ass sayin, 'suck my peach, the Charlie Mermaid ' but he might have to ask for Perla's help to decode it, since everything its so estranged to him anyway.............. which was also something surprising also, not.

All of this, and so many much more are a part of my tattoo, its quite simple, its the black figure of the same titled album by black sabbath. Others can know, neither see it. Neither see into and thats one of the reasons I like it, among many other. When others ask me what it is, I say, Saint Patrick LOL !! I so fuckin enjoyin saying this! I wont ever explain to anyone what my tattoo means. So no, you cant know by any means or have the slightest idea what a tatoo means to someone, when it does mean something. What you can only be sure of is that you cant have the slightest clue.

I didnt know about the tattoo on his left leg. The picture he is sitting on the couch and all that, I was paying attention to the furniture and decoration rather than Axl - yes, its ok you can call me a weirdo, I am haha. I have spent hours in my life looking the details of his tattoos, it was my Sunday hobby, like going to the Church a thing RLMAO

:lol::D:kiss:

Who needs books when we got 3STRANG3D to entertain us? You funny.

• 3 weeks later...