Should Axl follow Green Day's lead?

Apollo

Yes, but Axl didn't write a single song since 2008. He's done.

Err, how do you know? It actually seems like he is fairly productive, just lousy at releasing.

One album in 20 years, that's all we have. Proof about new material? None.

Even a dying Johnny Cash worked harder in his last years of life. Axl is not productive.

Yes, but Axl didn't write a single song since 2008. He's done.

Err, how do you know? It actually seems like he is fairly productive, just lousy at releasing.

One album in 20 years, that's all we have. Proof about new material? None.

Uhm, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I don't have the smiley here but please imagine me covering my face with one of my hands while sighing loudly.

I know, I know. You all hate green day, think they suck, fake punk, etc, etc, etc.

But they do give their fans an abundance of music and band information to enjoy.

Green Day is releasing three albums over the next six months. One in July, one in September, and one in November. Plus, they are releasing two band documentaries. Each album apparently has a different style.

Would you like to see GnR do something similar? A hard rock album next month, a piano based Axl long songs album in Sept, and then an album by the new band in time for Christmas? Plus two documentaries on the band?

No

There is reason for Green Day to do what they are doing, and it does not apply to GN'R

I know, I know. You all hate green day, think they suck, fake punk, etc, etc, etc.

But they do give their fans an abundance of music and band information to enjoy.

Green Day is releasing three albums over the next six months. One in July, one in September, and one in November. Plus, they are releasing two band documentaries. Each album apparently has a different style.

Would you like to see GnR do something similar? A hard rock album next month, a piano based Axl long songs album in Sept, and then an album by the new band in time for Christmas? Plus two documentaries on the band?

No

There is reason for Green Day to do what they are doing, and it does not apply to GN'R

it does apply to GN'R. especially with the fact axl said cd 2 in 2010 and cd 3 in 2012

In all the material that Green Day has put out, there is probably one albums worth of songs I think are really awesome. In the grand scheme of things it's the same production rate as Axl. Axl wants it to be perfect. I'm sure there are some songs that we would think were amazing that Axl doesn't view as "ready". It's just how he operates, I'm used to it I guess.

Would I like it? Sure, anyone would love to have three albums shooting out... just like any guy wishes his woman would go down on him more, or any women wishes their man could find her clitoris. After a few years the guys are happy they get a bj for their b-day and the girls rejoice when their man mistakenly finds their clit, even if only for a second.

Occasionally to appease our urges, we cheat on our significant other and buy a Slash album and pray we don't get caught.

No

So you wouldn't like it if GnR released three albums and two band documentaries in the next six months.......ok, to each his own.

I would buy them all in a heartbeat, and be the happiest fan on the forum if it happened.

They couldnt be more different. GD is pop sell out if I've ever seen it. Axl's the opposite. (This past year, however, makes me question that.)

Not to mention GD along with many others during Bush-era shit all over government getting their noses in everybody's business under Bush (which Mtv and others sanctioned), but practically rolled out the red carpet for our current prez, who is even worse as far as govt intrusion goes (yet its unthinkable that we'd see a video on Mtv depicting Obama as Hitler, as MTV/Incubus did with Megalomaniac). Hypocrites. So many others are too: Nin, Soad, U2, Incubus... GNR was always above that kinda thing that's part of why I like them.

Edited by Eu4ic

No

So you wouldn't like it if GnR released three albums and two band documentaries in the next six months.......ok, to each his own.

I would buy them all in a heartbeat, and be the happiest fan on the forum if it happened.

crazy2.jpg

I think it's time for Axl to go pro.

"When the going gets weird,the weird go pro"HST

They couldnt be more different. GD is pop sell out if I've ever seen it. Axl's the opposite. (This past year, however, makes me question that.)

Not to mention GD along with many others during Bush-era shit all over government getting their noses in everybody's business under Bush (which Mtv and others sanctioned), but practically rolled out the red carpet for our current prez, who is even worse as far as govt intrusion goes (yet its unthinkable that we'd see a video on Mtv depicting Obama as Hitler, as MTV/Incubus did with Megalomaniac). Hypocrites. So many others are too: Nin, Soad, U2, Incubus... GNR was always above that kinda thing that's part of why I like them.

Every band is a sell out. Axl just played a wedding for cash.

You call Green Day a sell out......and that is fine. But do you think their fans are complaining about getting three albums worth of material in the next six months?

I base my fandom on a band's music. What they do in their personal life shouldn't effect if you like their music or not. I don't care who Axl voted for, I don't care if he is pro/con abortion or gay marriage. I don't care if he is nice or a jerk in real life. Axl has had two gfs press charges against him for assaulting them.....Izzy was a drug dealer.....slash a drug addict and Steven gave men blow jobs for drugs. And they all cheated on their wives or gfs. Do you still like them?

For me it is about the song. Not the non-music crap.

Back in 2002, and the quote should be easy to find, he WAS going to do Chinese Democracy like that, maybe not in 6 months, but stagger the three albums out relatively close.

People should've stopped calling Green Day a punk rock band years ago. They're punk rockers, but the music they're known for is power pop.

I hate the "sell out" label, because it means the band is no longer creating music they believe in, and just putting out "product".

Artists shouldn't be allowed to have a political voice? "Shut up and sing?" I don't get that at all. Plus in an arena, most people can't hear what you're saying unless they quiet down the audience.

It's a given most young people tend to be idealistic, and trying to find their political voice in college; MTV was just a pitstop for a politician to come across as relevant ("what do you listen to on your iPod" is now asked by real journalists). It's no different than Nixon playing with his yo-yo or ping pong, or Carter hanging with the Eagles. There's way more money in entertainment, so it's tied more into campaign contributions and PR these days. Bon Jovi's bros with Al Gore and Obama, he's Springsteen lite musically, but he's no diff. than any CEO of a big company.

no I could care less about any New Guns N Roses music

I want to see Axl apologize for not showing up at the hall of fame, then reuniting with the old guys (Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt? Steven?)

Then I want to see them tour, if they made music with the old lineup then I would be interested, but other then that I do not care

and Green Day sucks, do not compare them to GNR

I saw them in 1995 and I was into them, they were the first concert I ever saw, I liked Dookie and Insomniac, but since then they have been milking their stupid punk thing and they basically gave "punk" music a bad name

Your just whining because they're on MTV. Grow up.