The Zodiac Killer

Dan H.

just like jack the ripper, chances are we'll never really know. there's a slightly better chance with zodiac since it happened in relatively modern times - maybe, just maybe some family member will eventually come forward with definitive evidence - but as much as there's a chance it was allen, there's also a chance they never even managed to find a correct suspect. the guy who did it may have never even been on anyone's lists.

definitely a really interesting case to read about, though. the movie was great too, but definitely had a bit of an agenda in terms of putting forth a theory that it was allen (if memory serves correctly). i remember when jake gyllenhaal is in the guy's kitchen and hears something in the basement or whatever - i think that was their way of implying the killer may have been working with an accomplice, which has been put forth as a theory before (the reason the DNA on the letters didn't match allen might have been that he had his accomplice mail them, if in fact allen was the killer).

another really interesting case that we will probably never know the identity behind? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

I deciphered the enigma at the time the crimes were happening, but I can't remember anymore who was the killer. It's a pitty... It took me a lot of cerebral work.

I dunno.

It's so suspicious that all the circumstantial evidence links Allen to the Zodiac, but the physical evidence dismisses him.

I feel like someone on here was very interested in this case and had a lot of information and research about it. I want to hear from them.

Was it Miser?

I think it was Groghan, he made this thread like a month ago. I'll search and return with a link if I find anything.

Yup, here it is:

I think Arthur Leigh Allen was the killer.

As for Jack the Ripper, he had to been someone of high birth. He seemed to have been well spoken, wrote well and he looked trustworthy enough to get women to come to him. And the way he cut them was quite skilled. He was probably a well respected surgeon.

I dunno.

It's so suspicious that all the circumstantial evidence links Allen to the Zodiac, but the physical evidence dismisses him.

still waiting for arnold's apology to me for being wrong. :takethat:

Why wouldn't it not be Allen. His DNA was on the letters. Durrrrr.

http://www.sfgate.co...ect-2784268.php

https://www.google.c...lient=firefox-a

I dunno.

still waiting for arnold's apology to me for being wrong. :takethat:

if only those cops stopped him when they were going to investigate stines murder

I think Arthur Leigh Allen was the killer.

As for Jack the Ripper, he had to been someone of high birth. He seemed to have been well spoken, wrote well and he looked trustworthy enough to get women to come to him. And the way he cut them was quite skilled. He was probably a well respected surgeon.

They have DNA still from Jack The Ripper's case but it will be destroyed if they do anything with it. They are holding it until technology has advanced, I think there are 2 women and maybe 3 men they believe could be the killer-if they could get the DNA to tell them whether it is from a male or female it will cut down the suspects a lot. It is feasible that women would trust women but not sure if we will see this in our lifetime.

It clearly wasn't Allen. DNA evidence cleared him.

Tarrance was never a real suspect.

The best suspect is giakowski.

His nickname is in one of the codes. Of all the suspects, he has the most evidence that points his direction. The police dispatcher that talked to the zodiac picked his voice out from a recording.

A guy named tom voight is probably the most knowledge person alive concerning Zodiac. He has a website about the case, and has basically spent the last decade investigating it. He has uncovered evidence the police didn't even have. He has worked with the police, interviewed people involved in the case, met with Zodiac victims that lived.

Whenever shows TV shows do stories on the case, voight is always who they call for information.

I've read the books and watched the movie. But voight has dedicated a decade of his life to trying to solve the mystery. Like I said, he has access to people and information that you and I will never see. He is convinced that Gaik is Zodiac.

When the person who knows more about the case than anybody in the world, except for the actual killer, is convinced on who it is.....his guess holds more weight than mine or yours.

I started a topic a few months ago about it. There is a theory out that there wasn't really a zodiac killer. That all of the murders were done by different people, and that the police mistakenly tied them all together, and the media overblew it to sell papers. The theory makes some sense, as it would be a reason why the police couldn't tie one suspect to all the killings.

Edited by Groghan