Is George I know a man and his name?

The man, his name is George, I know.

I know a man and his name is George.

A man I know is George and his name.

Know I name man George it is and?

George is, I know, a man and his name.

tl;dr

Guest Len B'stard

Where the hell did you get that from? I didn't say that and I sure as hell didn't imply it.

Doing this will only make them go more off topic in AG. They're like children, you either have to ignore them or use reverse psychology.

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick but saying "this will only MAKE people go more off topic" you're implying that people are going off topic in response to something others are doing. Also the bit about reverse psychology implies again that threads going off topic is deliberate. That's the way I read it anyway. :shrugs: Oh and the Rocket Queen thread was just Broski being daft so it's not like it was a serious discussion getting derailed.

Sometimes I get the feeling some members actually do it on purpose. Regardless of why they do it, they still derail good threads. Hell, I really liked the topic of discussion of the gender roles thread, probably the only thread topic by arnold I've ever liked, and in no time, it's instantly derailed quite obviously. It wasn't even a transition.

And the reverse psychology thing was tongue in cheek with the treating them like children.

Yeah it went off topic because presumably no one had nothing else to say about it, if you have something to say about it, chime in because unless you (and everybody else that has something to say about it) do then there won't be no discussion. And if you DO add something and it still gets derailed anyway then perhaps its worth toying with the idea that your opinings on the topic weren't very stimulating? :shrugs: Whats so complicated about bringing the the original topic back up? These threads that are derailed, do you think it they weren't then those same threads'd turn into lengthy 30 page discourses on the subject and it's just the big bad evil horned derailers that are ruining it for the studious silent majority of forumers that are actually DYING to discuss the subject but are physically paralysed from typing because someone took it off topic?

I mean REALLY, it's a forum, it's meant to be a giggle and that, do you have to get so fuckin' clench-arsed about it? If you got something people wanna talk about, trust me, they're none of them that afraid of Johnny D or me or Dazey that they're somehow rendered incapable of expressing their opinion.

Relax, you'll live longer ;)

Edited by sugaraylen

Where the hell did you get that from? I didn't say that and I sure as hell didn't imply it.

Doing this will only make them go more off topic in AG. They're like children, you either have to ignore them or use reverse psychology.

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick but saying "this will only MAKE people go more off topic" you're implying that people are going off topic in response to something others are doing. Also the bit about reverse psychology implies again that threads going off topic is deliberate. That's the way I read it anyway. :shrugs: Oh and the Rocket Queen thread was just Broski being daft so it's not like it was a serious discussion getting derailed.

Sometimes I get the feeling some members actually do it on purpose. Regardless of why they do it, they still derail good threads. Hell, I really liked the topic of discussion of the gender roles thread, probably the only thread topic by arnold I've ever liked, and in no time, it's instantly derailed quite obviously. It wasn't even a transition.

And the reverse psychology thing was tongue in cheek with the treating them like children.

Yeah it went off topic because presumably no one had nothing else to say about it, if you have something to say about it, chime in because unless you (and everybody else that has something to say about it) do then there won't be no discussion. And if you DO add something and it still gets derailed anyway then perhaps its worth toying with the idea that your opinings on the topic weren't very stimulating? :shrugs: Whats so complicated about bringing the the original topic back up? These threads that are derailed, do you think it they weren't then those same threads'd turn into lengthy 30 page discourses on the subject and it's just the big bad evil horned derailers that are ruining it for the studious silent majority of forumers that are actually DYING to discuss the subject but are physically paralysed from typing because someone took it off topic?

I mean REALLY, it's a forum, it's meant to be a giggle and that, do you have to get so fuckin' clench-arsed about it? If you got something people wanna talk about, trust me, they're none of them that afraid of Johnny D or me or Dazey that they're somehow rendered incapable of expressing their opinion.

If you have nothing else to say about the topic, then don't post in that thread. We have a General Talk thread for a reason. What's the point of it when every thread is a General Chit Chat thread? I (along with other members, I've noticed) will post something on-topic amongst all the shitty off-topic posts, and it will usually be overlooked because it gets pushed behind all the personal conversations.

Hell, sometimes I don't have anything to say about the main topic, but I like to read peoples opinions on the topic. But then I find myself trudging through pages upon pages of inside jokes and personal conversations. I go on forums to waste spare time. Now I find myself wasting time while I'm wasting time.

Also, differing opinion from yours doesn't mean that person is upset. Stop using that as an "argument".

If you have nothing else to say about the topic, then don't post in that thread. We have a General Talk thread for a reason. What's the point of it when every thread is a General Chit Chat thread? I (along with other members, I've noticed) will post something on-topic amongst all the shitty off-topic posts, and it will usually be overlooked because it gets pushed behind all the personal conversations.

Hell, sometimes I don't have anything to say about the main topic, but I like to read peoples opinions on the topic. But then I find myself trudging through pages upon pages of inside jokes and personal conversations. I go on forums to waste spare time. Now I find myself wasting time while I'm wasting time.

Also, differing opinion from yours doesn't mean that person is upset. Stop using that as an "argument".

Wasting time? Got somewhere to be? Yee gads. Bunch of fucking clocks you cunts are. All tightly wound and keep fucking on about time.

Guest Len B'stard
If you have nothing else to say about the topic, then don't post in that thread.

Whats wrong with responding to something someone said in a thread?

Right so you come on here to waste time and and reading extra crap wastes your time? Right, OK.

Well you're clearly upset about something aren't you, you're bring up something about the way certain people post that bothers or impedes you, doesn't that qualify for upset? Christ, it weren't an insult or anything :shrugs:

If you have nothing else to say about the topic, then don't post in that thread.

But see, here's the thing. We are replying to the topic, then we're replying to the reply to the topic, then to the reply to the reply to the topic and then to the reply to the reply to the reply and so on. See this is how conversation works, it's a living breathing thing. You're going on as though people are going into a debate on the death penalty and suddenly demanding somebody furnish them with a recipe for leek and potato soup and that's simply not the case. :shrugs:

If somebody starts a thread about horror movies and somebody brings up Salo for instance then to me it's perfectly valid to deviate into a discussion about the Marquis De Sade then the storming of the Bastille and possibly even the French Revolution. Who knows you might eventually get that recipe if things continue on to talking about French cuisine then onto general foodie type chatter via a kinda six degrees of separation type thing but that's perfectly valid cos that's how conversation works and evolves no?

If it's been steered in a certain direction it's cos nobody was interested enough to keep it on the original topic but all it takes to go back there is for a couple of people to resurrect the original discussion is it not?

Edit: Also, fuck me Leonard what are you doing up at this ungodly hour?

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Jus got home a coupla hours ago, chingin' off my fuckin tits man

And whatcha mean what am i doing up, fuck r u doing up, ur up too, see, there you are there, looking all you -ish !

Jus got home a coupla hours ago, chingin' off my fuckin tits man

And whatcha mean what am i doing up, fuck r u doing up, ur up too, see, there you are there, looking all you -ish !

Unlike some people I'm up early cos I've been up all week at 5 for work. Off today but I got fucking hammered yesterday and passed out for half seven so I woke up at five again! Grrrr! You need to sort me some of that gear young man, I can't get shit around here! :(

Guest Len B'stard

i wanna go to sleep :( Fuckin' made myself a cup of tea, it don't fuckin' taste of nothin' And fuckin' hell man, there's more ching up north than there is down here, how hard can it be to get hold of, i know lads now offhand in Bradford who could sort you out if you fancy a bit of a drive :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

i wanna go to sleep :( Fuckin' made myself a cup of tea, it don't fuckin' taste of nothin' And fuckin' hell man, there's more ching up north than there is down here, how hard can it be to get hold of, i know lads now offhand in Bradford who could sort you out if you fancy a bit of a drive :lol:

It's not getting shit it's getting decent shit and I don't know anybody in the place I'm living for work and I've been away from home going on three years now so I'm out of the loop up here too. :(

Guest Len B'stard

I hate England/Europe.

So would i if i was living in one of the former colonies :lol:

And yeah, decent gears hard to come by here too, check this out yeah, i'm making a pick up and the geezer goes for the top end stuff it's gotta be a ton on the gram and it's like are you having a fuckin' laugh?!?! 100 for a gram is fucking ridiculous, thats like double the usual fuckin' rate, i ain't Kate Moss y'know, i'd rather fuckin' just get some whizz. I think he was just fuckin' trying it on to be honest, fuckin' £100 gram, yeah alright mate, that'll happen :rolleyes:

I hate England/Europe.

So would i if i was living in one of the former colonies :lol:

And yeah, decent gears hard to come by here too, check this out yeah, i'm making a pick up and the geezer goes for the top end stuff it's gotta be a ton on the gram and it's like are you having a fuckin' laugh?!?! 100 for a gram is fucking ridiculous, thats like double the usual fuckin' rate, i ain't Kate Moss y'know, i'd rather fuckin' just get some whizz. I think he was just fuckin' trying it on to be honest, fuckin' £100 gram, yeah alright mate, that'll happen :rolleyes:

This old fella back home used to do this mental shit for like £70 on a gram and it was fuckin' rocket fuel, like too good really cos you'd want to do a little bump to perk you up n' the like and end up sitting in the corner gurning all night like. :lol: Worst thing was he trusted me so I had an unlimited line of tick on the shit and used to run it to like £6-£700 nicker a month! That's when I realised it was getting a bit silly. :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Charlies fuckin' evil man, sucks your money right out of the bank, it's almost kinda sad that working class people do it cuz...y'know, you might slung fuckin' 300 notes one week on some ching and like, y'know, what do working class people EVER spend £300 on, y'know? Also, i fuckin' love ching too much man, i'm an album cover licker if you get me going on it, i'll be honest with you though man i wish i had the money, i'd fuckin' do it all the time, til i turned into the thin brown duke :lol:

Hahaha! Same here man! I've been a cushion muncher over the stuff before! Spilled a fuckin' DVD case full of it all over the sofa and started chewin' on the upholstery to try and recover as much of it as I could! :lol:

Worst thing is that I'll look at a pair of jeans or a shirt and find myself going "£70 for a fuckin' shirt that's fuckin' ridiculous! Errr, yeah mate one sec I'm just lookin' at these shirts, gimme a minute. Oh yeah, tell I'm I'll have an 'enry and make sure it's not the same sticky shit as last time yeah? What's that? £120? Yeah sweet just take me card n' get it on yer way yeah?". I mean it's fuckin' wrong! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Hahaha! Same here man! I've been a cushion muncher over the stuff before! Spilled a fuckin' DVD case full of it all over the sofa and started chewin' on the upholstery to try and recover as much of it as I could! :lol:

Worst thing is that I'll look at a pair of jeans or a shirt and find myself going "£70 for a fuckin' shirt that's fuckin' ridiculous! Errr, yeah mate one sec I'm just lookin' at these shirts, gimme a minute. Oh yeah, tell I'm I'll have an 'enry and make sure it's not the same sticky shit as last time yeah? What's that? £120? Yeah sweet just take me card n' get it on yer way yeah?". I mean it's fuckin' wrong! :lol:

Thats exactly what i mean man, sometimes you look at yourself and think, where the fuck are you prioritises man? Ponder it whilst rackin' out a line :lol:

Thats exactly what i mean man, sometimes you look at yourself and think, where the fuck are you prioritises man? Ponder it whilst rackin' out a line :lol:

It's fuckin' shit cos you'll be out shopping tryin' to get something nice that's gonna last you and you're flinching at payin' a few quid for something decent that'll last cos you know it's coming out of your sniff budget! :lol: I'll honestly feel fuckin' wounded for dropping 100 notes on a pair of jeans but I'll not bat an eyelid at a £500 weekend binge. Something's not right there! :lol: