Why isn't there a straight parade?

GUNSNROSES513

about what? how is a straight pride parade anti gay? is a christianity pride parade anti islamic?

Because if it's not, why exactly, would it exist? Every day of your life is a straight pride parade. Take away any homphobic agenda, and it would at best be a ludicrous excercise in redundancy (and again, no one's saying you can't have one).

Edited by Angelica

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

about what? how is a straight pride parade anti gay? is a christianity pride parade anti islamic?

Because if it's not, why exactly, would it exist? Every day of your life is a straight pride parade. Take away any homphobic agenda, and it would at best be a ludicrous excercise in redundancy (and again, no one's saying you can't have one).

why? just because a straight person is straight life is grand? straight people are descriminated every day in their lives as well. if people are gay and accept it isnt every day for a gay person a prideful one?

Actually I grew up in Southwest Ontario Canada.The only difference in our good ol boys is they didn't/don't have a southern drawl.

That's awesome that there is no gay bashing in NH!The rest of the world has a sterling example to live up to there.

Unfortunately here in Canada we still have people being beaten to death on city streets in 2012.The latest example being in our nation's capital,Ottawa, a few months back.Beaten to a bloody pulp until he died on a city street.His offence was being seen walking out of a gay bar.

So three cheers for NH!

And that's awesome you have a gay kid in school.

Here we have a problem with gay youth committing suicide because they haven't lived long enough to learn how to cope with the intolerance (the kind that doesn't exist in NH).

If you have never heard a story about cops trashing a gay community for sport,research it.Some crazy shit what our law enforcers got away with,and still do to some extent.Reports still file out of the streets of Toronto on how the cops still like to make their presence known.

If your beef with gay pride parades is that a religious group can't have a straight parade,you really aren't putting a lot of effort into thinking about this.

Who exactly is stopping this fabled straight parade you are going on about?Be specific.

Do you honestly think anyone would stop such a group of people from making complete fools of themselves?

Shit, they would go down in American history along with those fools who tried to stop black kids from going to white schools.Seen those film clips?

People are savvy enough to let such a fools parade commence.

Honest!

Of course they wouldn't, cause again, it would be a different thing. The gay pride parades exist because of the persecution and discrimination the community has suffered, and continues to suffer. There is no legitimate cause for a straight pride parade, because no one, anywhere, ever, is telling straight people to be ashamed of being straight or persecuting and discriminating against them. A straight pride parade would in effect be an anti gay parade.

You are living in the 1950's if you think more than a small minority of people are telling gays to be ashamed of being gay or persecuting and discriminating against them. Being openly gay has become commonplace in this day and age, and there are plenty of laws in force to prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation. Virtually EVERY person, many of whom are straight, are discriminated against by a small minority of people, whether it be because of their physical appearance or age or handicap or race or nationality or gender or where they live. There aren't enough days in the year to have an annual parade for every group of people that has been discriminated against.

why? just because a straight person is straight life is grand? straight people are descriminated every day in their lives as well. if people are gay and accept it isnt every day for a gay person a prideful one?

OMG, when are straight people discriminated against for being straight? I've never noticed, I am so unobservant! :question::rofl-lol: And AGAIN, the gay pride thing is a reaction to the shame they are (yes, still) expected to feel for being gay. It takes courage to be openly gay, it does not take shit to be openly straight, so why am I signing up for your straight pride parade again?

Edited by Angelica

Actually I grew up in Southwest Ontario Canada.The only difference in our good ol boys is they didn't/don't have a southern drawl.

That's awesome that there is no gay bashing in NH!The rest of the world has a sterling example to live up to there.

Unfortunately here in Canada we still have people being beaten to death on city streets in 2012.The latest example being in our nation's capital,Ottawa, a few months back.Beaten to a bloody pulp until he died on a city street.His offence was being seen walking out of a gay bar.

So three cheers for NH!

Here we have a problem with gay youth committing suicide because they haven't lived long enough to learn how to cope with the intolerance (the kind that doesn't exist in NH).

If you have never heard a story about cops trashing a gay community for sport,research it.Some crazy shit what our law enforcers got away with,and still do to some extent.Reports still file out of the streets of Toronto on how the cops still like to make their presence known.

If your beef with gay pride parades is that a religious group can't have a straight parade,you really aren't putting a lot of effort into thinking about this.

Who exactly is stopping this fabled straight parade you are going on about?Be specific.

Do you honestly think anyone would stop such a group of people from making complete fools of themselves?

Shit, they would go down in American history along with those fools who tried to stop black kids from going to white schools.Seen those film clips?

Honest!

apparently you havent done enough effort reading what i wrote so i will spell it out one more time

my beef isnt about religion or religious groups not being able to do these parades or doing them in general(im an atheist so i dont give a rats ass about religion)

it is about the double standard and lack of tolerance by groups.

in the world people bitch, piss and moan about showing tolerance. yet the only time people want to show tolerance is for things they believe in. i would expect tolerance to be shown to a group that wants to do a straight pride parade as tolerance should be shown for a gay pride parade.

as for the whole oh gay people are descriminated and all that. straight people are descriminated just the same every day as well, as for gay people committing suicide, believe it or not straight people kill themselves as well. being descriminated for a sexual preference is the same as being descriminated for your weight, your look, if you have a disfigurement,if you have a missing arm, your religion, your family, etc

i dont know maybe in canada white people still go into bars club gays and hose down black people and send in attack dogs, but i think its more to do with your flux capacitor is stuck on 1955 so set it to 2012 and catch up with the times :thumbsup:

OMG, when are straight people discriminated against for being straight? I've never noticed, I am so unobservant! :question::rofl-lol: And AGAIN, the gay pride thing is a reaction to the shame they are (yes, still) expected to feel for being gay. It takes courage to be openly gay, it does not take shit to be openly straight, so why am I signing up for your straight pride parade again?

apparently. everyone in this world is descriminated against the human race is a bunch of animals, straight people have it just as hard as gay people.

if fat people wanted to have a fat pride parade is that anti thin? if thin people have a thin pride parade are they anti fat?

Edited by bran

as for the whole oh gay people are descriminated and all that. straight people are descriminated just the same every day as well, as for gay people committing suicide, believe it or not straight people kill themselves as well.

When are straight people discriminated against FOR BEING STRAIGHT, dude? What things can't you do legally because you're a heterosexual?

Edited by Angelica

as for the whole oh gay people are descriminated and all that. straight people are descriminated just the same every day as well, as for gay people committing suicide, believe it or not straight people kill themselves as well.

When are straight people discriminated against FOR BEING STRAIGHT, dude? What things can't you do legally because you're a heterosexual?

why is being desriminated because of your sexual preference different and or worse than being descriminated for your appearance or a birth defect or any other numerous things people of all sexual orientations get descriminated for?

why is being desriminated because of your sexual preference different and or worse than being descriminated for your appearance or a birth defect or any other numerous things people of all sexual orientations get descriminated for?

Question answered. :rolleyes:

Only gays are persecuted in Canada? I spend a lot of time in the GTA, never heard that before.

This is Phoebe Prince, she went to school about 15 miles from where I live:

article-1262487-08EC6CC6000005DC-522_233x290_popup.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1262487/Phoebe-Prince-9-US-teenagers-charged-suicide-death-Irish-new-girl.html

Nine U.S. teenagers have been charged with driving a 15-year-old 'new girl' from Ireland to kill herself, it has been revealed.

Phoebe Prince faced an 'unrelenting' bullying campaign from fellow pupils after she started school in the Massachusetts town of South Hadley last year.

The teenager, who had emigrated to the U.S. from County Clare with her mother and three sisters, was stalked and harassed from September until she killed herself on January 14.

Pheobe was found hanging by her younger sister in a stairwell at the family home. She was still wearing her school clothes.

The 15-year-old was allegedly targeted by a group known as the 'Mean Girls' after she started dating a popular senior football player at her school.

Pupils said Phoebe was called 'Irish slut' and 'whore' on Twitter, Craigslist, Facebook and Formspring.

Her books were knocked out of her hands, items were flung at her, her face was scribbled out of photographs on the school walls, and threatening text messages were sent to her cell phone

The nine teenagers blamed for her death - seven girls and two boys - have been charged with criminal harassment, violation of civil rights and disturbing a school assembly.

AND FURTHER DOWN IN THE ARTICLE:

And at South Philadelphia High School, Asian students say they've endured relentless bullying and racial epithets by black students while school officials ignored their complaints.

The Asian American Legal Defence and Education Fund filed a complaint in January with the U.S. Justice Department.

Only gays are persecuted in Canada? I spend a lot of time in the GTA, never heard that before.

This is Phoebe Prince, she went to school about 15 miles from where I live:

article-1262487-08EC6CC6000005DC-522_233x290_popup.jpg

http://www.dailymail...h-new-girl.html

Nine U.S. teenagers have been charged with driving a 15-year-old 'new girl' from Ireland to kill herself, it has been revealed.

Phoebe Prince faced an 'unrelenting' bullying campaign from fellow pupils after she started school in the Massachusetts town of South Hadley last year.

The teenager, who had emigrated to the U.S. from County Clare with her mother and three sisters, was stalked and harassed from September until she killed herself on January 14.

Pheobe was found hanging by her younger sister in a stairwell at the family home. She was still wearing her school clothes.

The 15-year-old was allegedly targeted by a group known as the 'Mean Girls' after she started dating a popular senior football player at her school.

Pupils said Phoebe was called 'Irish slut' and 'whore' on Twitter, Craigslist, Facebook and Formspring.

Her books were knocked out of her hands, items were flung at her, her face was scribbled out of photographs on the school walls, and threatening text messages were sent to her cell phone

The nine teenagers blamed for her death - seven girls and two boys - have been charged with criminal harassment, violation of civil rights and disturbing a school assembly.

AND FURTHER DOWN IN THE ARTICLE:

And at South Philadelphia High School, Asian students say they've endured relentless bullying and racial epithets by black students while school officials ignored their complaints.

The Asian American Legal Defence and Education Fund filed a complaint in January with the U.S. Justice Department.

yup apparently only gay people are persecuted and descriminated against

Cause that's exactly what he said. Only gays are persecuted in Canada. <_<

why because they are made to feel ashamed? your 100% right only gay people are ever made to feel ashamed of themselves, no fat kid has ever felt humiliated and made to feel ashamed of their weight.:rolleyes:

So three cheers for NH!

Honest!

apparently you havent done enough effort reading what i wrote so i will spell it out one more time

my beef isnt about religion or religious groups not being able to do these parades or doing them in general(im an atheist so i dont give a rats ass about religion)

it is about the double standard and lack of tolerance by groups.

in the world people bitch, piss and moan about showing tolerance. yet the only time people want to show tolerance is for things they believe in. i would expect tolerance to be shown to a group that wants to do a straight pride parade as tolerance should be shown for a gay pride parade.

as for the whole oh gay people are descriminated and all that. straight people are descriminated just the same every day as well, as for gay people committing suicide, believe it or not straight people kill themselves as well. being descriminated for a sexual preference is the same as being descriminated for your weight, your look, if you have a disfigurement,if you have a missing arm, your religion, your family, etc

i dont know maybe in canada white people still go into bars club gays and hose down black people and send in attack dogs, but i think its more to do with your flux capacitor is stuck on 1955 so set it to 2012 and catch up with the times :thumbsup:

**sets flux capacitor to 2012**

Gay man beaten to death in Ottawa on public city street,his crime against society was walking out of a gay bar..in 2012.

Gay youth are committing suicide.

Pope still denouncing homosexuality.

Catholic church still denouncing homosexuality.

Other churches (United) are split over homosexuality.

Some countries still deem homosexuality to be illegal.

Police at Toronto G20 summit are exposed for using gay slurs and referring to women as hairy legged dykes.

Certain youth factions have intolerance to gay pride parades because people with big noses don't have their own parade.

I can build this list all night. ;)

why because they are made to feel ashamed? your 100% right only gay people are ever made to feel ashamed of themselves, no fat kid has ever felt humiliated and made to feel ashamed of their weight.:rolleyes:

Do me a favour? Go back and re-read the thread, then show me where I suggested that only gay people are ever made to feel ashamed of themselves. And how the plight of overweight children either justfies the notion of a straight pride parade or invalidates the need for a gay pride parade. Cool, thanks!

When are straight people discriminated against FOR BEING STRAIGHT, dude?

Straight people don't go around announcing to the world they are straight, so how can they be discriminated against for being straight if people don't know they are?

http://www.advocate.com/news/daily-news/2010/08/04/professor-claims-anti-straight-bias

"A professor at a Catholic college in Buffalo, N.Y., filed a complaint with the state human rights division alleging that a clique of younger gay men discriminated against him because he is straight.

According to ABC News, Csaba Marosan claims that he “endured years of being ostracized by administrators at Trocaire College, a Catholic, two-year school in Buffalo, for not being part of their clique made up largely of younger, gay men dubbed the ‘Merry Men.’”

Marosan, a native Hungarian, also alleged discrimination based on his accent and gender. The New York Human Rights Division has found probable cause that Trocaire College not only discriminated against him, but fired the natural sciences professor in retaliation for his complaint.

ABC News reports that Marosan, who holds an M.D. from Hungary, filed his first complaint in April 2009, then amended it in April 2010, two months after he was fired, to include charges of discrimination based on sexual orientation. He claimed that two administrators, including one priest, gave preferential treatment to young gay members of the “Merry Men” and to female colleagues.

Trocaire College has denied the professor’s claims. The school claims he was fired because his degree did not meet the standards of the accreditation process.

A public hearing will be scheduled before an administrative judge within weeks, according to ABC News."

If the tea party or any religious group wanted to have a straight parade as a protest against gay marriage i would be cool with that but the double standards in this country would be full of venom and hate for the straight parade but same people would scream tolerance for the gay parade

Sorry buddy but you're not even talking about the equivalent there. You're not talking about a "straight" parade there at all, you're talking about a "we hates the queers" parade and it's not the same thing. If they wanted to hold a parade to celebrate being free to be straight finally after years of persecution then they'd be more than welcome to do it even though they'd look a little silly. A gay pride parade isn't the same as a we hate straight people parade so your analogy simply doesn't fit. They're not protesting about anything they're celebrating their long overdue freedoms. :shrugs:

If the tea party or any religious group wanted to have a straight parade as a protest against gay marriage i would be cool with that but the double standards in this country would be full of venom and hate for the straight parade but same people would scream tolerance for the gay parade

Sorry buddy but you're not even talking about the equivalent there. You're not talking about a "straight" parade there at all, you're talking about a "we hates the queers" parade and it's not the same thing. If they wanted to hold a parade to celebrate being free to be straight finally after years of persecution then they'd be more than welcome to do it even though they'd look a little silly. A gay pride parade isn't the same as a we hate straight people parade so your analogy simply doesn't fit. They're not protesting about anything they're celebrating their long overdue freedoms. :shrugs:

so having a parade for showing pride in being straight is anti gay? how is that hating gay people? if protestants wanted to have a protestant pride parade is that anti catholic?

Edited by bran

Marosan filed his first complaint in April 2009, then amended it in April 2010, two months after he was fired, to include charges of discrimination based on sexual orientation.

So people are still being fired over "sexual orientation"?

Thank you!

Welcome to 2012.

so having a parade for showing pride in being straight is anti gay?

No offence man but you need to read some of your own posts. :lol:

If the tea party or any religious group wanted to have a straight parade as a protest against gay marriage i would be cool with that.

Also, society is far more accepting of gays than they are of other groups such as the obese.

I've not yet seen a treadmill that can cure gayness! ;) Just sayin'

Maybe you just haven't ran on it long enough. :lol:

Hahahaha! You fucking cock! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Also, society is far more accepting of gays than they are of other groups such as the obese.

I've not yet seen a treadmill that can cure gayness! ;) Just sayin'

You're making the assumption that obese people want to be thin? Isn't that just as bad as making the assumption that gay people want to be straight?

Come on now, chalk up one point for TLO ;)

so having a parade for showing pride in being straight is anti gay?

No offence man but you need to read some of your own posts. :lol:

If the tea party or any religious group wanted to have a straight parade as a protest against gay marriage i would be cool with that.

you have to read my whole quote not just a snipet, it was about showing tolerance.

that is my whole quote

"thing is we should all be tolerent of everyone in this world but the problem is people only want to be tolerent of something they agree with, iam very pro gay marriage and have no problem with gay pride parades.

If the tea party or any religious group wanted to have a straight parade as a protest against gay marriage i would be cool with that but the double standards in this country would be full of venom and hate for the straight parade but same people would scream tolerance for the gay parade"