Robert Pattinson to play Lawrence of Arabia

Guest Len B'stard

Yep. I've read enough Charles Dickens to know that the poorhouse ain't nowhere that you want to be, that's for sure. Love that guy, wrote the most amazing characters I've ever encountered. Gave me a new respect for the time I live in, the less fortunate around me and made me quite fascinated with England too, might I add.

Dickens was incredible, Dickens was the first punk, Dickens was the man turn his eye towards the working classes and he did a helluva lot to highlight the plight of poor people in England, it's a section of society that literature tended to ignore and Dickens just wheeled it all out in it's dark gritty glory, Dickens was reality.

Yep. I've read enough Charles Dickens to know that the poorhouse ain't nowhere that you want to be, that's for sure. Love that guy, wrote the most amazing characters I've ever encountered. Gave me a new respect for the time I live in, the less fortunate around me and made me quite fascinated with England too, might I add.

Dickens was incredible, Dickens was the first punk, Dickens was the man turn his eye towards the working classes and he did a helluva lot to highlight the plight of poor people in England, it's a section of society that literature tended to ignore and Dickens just wheeled it all out in it's dark gritty glory, Dickens was reality.

No that was union leaders. But they're all Northerners and Scots so fuck them :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

ANGELICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HELPPP!!!! *she'll be along in a bit, movies are like her bat-signal :lol:*

Cool. Calling Angelica! Calling Angelica!

Huh! What am I doing? What do you need? :lol:

reccomendations of new movies...but not pap, something substancial and intelligent pleassee sweety :D

ANGELICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HELPPP!!!! *she'll be along in a bit, movies are like her bat-signal :lol:*

reccomendations of new movies...but not pap, something substancial and intelligent pleassee sweety :D

'But not pap' is not a phrase one expects to hear from a Nicholas Sparks devotee... <_<

Films that qualify as 'intelligent and substantial' from the last 12 months or so - Alps, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Elena, Holy Motors, Shame, Melancholia, Margin Call, A Separation, We Need to TalkAbout Kevin, Take Shelter, Young Adult, The Interrupters. Moonrise Kingdom is charming, if not substantial. Hugo is a magnificent childrens film...about the importance of film preservation, which makes it deeply substantial. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

'But not pap' is not a phrase one expects to hear from a Nicholas Sparks devotee... <_<

Films that qualify as 'intelligent and substantial' from the last 12 months or so - Alps, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Elena, Holy Motors, Shame, Melancholia, Margin Call, A Separation, We Need to TalkAbout Kevin, Take Shelter, Young Adult, The Interrupters. Moonrise Kingdom is charming, if not substantial. Hugo is a magnificent childrens film...about the importance of film preservation, which makes it deeply substantial. :lol:

Thank you ever so Angie, may Jehovah be with you through the trials of your days :D There you go Red', decent films from nowaday-times, i ain't seen em but Ol' Mother Ang' here has and if she has I can pretty much guarantee they're the bollocks, happy viewing :)

No that was union leaders. But they're all Northerners and Scots so fuck them :lol:

<_<

RPats got his ideas from Dean and Brando.

I might've liked him if he'd've gone that a little well, there's no great shame in that, a lot of great actors began with their ideas from Dean and Brando but with this nobber i don't even reckon there's even that much going on upstairs.

:lol: This. I'm a chick and I don't even think he's that good looking. I really can't figure it out.

Dean took his ideas from Brando but he still made it his his own. Nearly every inspiring actor after Streetcar wanted to be Brando. As awesome as it was, but like the Olivier style before him, the Brando thing is getting old. It got old when De Niro, Pacino, Hoffman and Nicholson took over. Copy those guys. Even Brando knew it was old when he did The Godfather which was his greatest performance.

Edited by Stannis Baratheon

Guest Len B'stard
RPats got his ideas from Dean and Brando.

I might've liked him if he'd've gone that a little well, there's no great shame in that, a lot of great actors began with their ideas from Dean and Brando but with this nobber i don't even reckon there's even that much going on upstairs.

:lol: This. I'm a chick and I don't even think he's that good looking. I really can't figure it out.

Dean took his ideas from Brando but he still made it his his own. Nearly every inspiring actor after Streetcar wanted to be Brando. As awesome as it was, but like the Olivier style before him, the Brando thing is getting old. It got old when De Niro, Pacino, Hoffman and Nicholson took over. Copy those guys.

Newman, McQueen etc you could throw in there too.

To be a great actor you need to inflict a certain degree of emotional turmoil upon yourself, to hone your ability to access a wide range of emotions and more specifically to tap into certain past traumas, to allow yourself emotionally to go to those places...and do with a regularity to where you can do it almost at will, it has a hell of an effect on a person and a lot of obssessing about oneself and a degree of psychological pain. It's difficult to allow yourself to be broken and wounded, it's unnatural. Most people can't even approach access to those emotions.

Is all that really worth it when you can just copy Marlon?

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Angelica! The only one of these films I have heard of is Hugo. This is a good sign as I believe that most shit films are the ones that get promoted the most. Will be sure to check them out. :)

• 4 years later...
On 8/16/2012 at 7:47 AM, Guest Len B'stard said:

Newman, McQueen etc you could throw in there too.

To be a great actor you need to inflict a certain degree of emotional turmoil upon yourself, to hone your ability to access a wide range of emotions and more specifically to tap into certain past traumas, to allow yourself emotionally to go to those places...and do with a regularity to where you can do it almost at will, it has a hell of an effect on a person and a lot of obssessing about oneself and a degree of psychological pain. It's difficult to allow yourself to be broken and wounded, it's unnatural. Most people can't even approach access to those emotions.

Is all that really worth it when you can just copy Marlon?

i don't think RPat is that good looking. i just preferred him over Taylor Lautner in the Twilight movies. after that i totally lost interest. now if they'd had Eddie Spears play Jacob that would be a different story ;)

Eddie Spears.JPG

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose