New DJ Ashba Album?

ZoSoRose

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be cool. Dj is a great guitar player and probably the closest the band has ever got to replacing Slash.

Then again both guys tell the fans what they wanna hear...except ppl are pissed with Axl, so Saul"I marry hookers" Hudson is off the hook! Nothing more than an ovverated frizzy haired >>> :jerkoff:

Halo is alright. Carolina, No More Heros, Hard and Fast, Crazy Life, Standing in The Sun, One Last Thrill, Bad Rain, and the title track are some great tunes though. Anastasia is good but I don't get why everybody sees it as such a standout track, like its the first time they ever heard Slash go neo-classical or something

lets stay on topic though :thumbsup:

DJ's album is gunna suck fucking balls

Anastasia is good but I don't get why everybody sees it as such a standout track, like its the first time they ever heard Slash go neo-classical or something

It's the only song on the album that isn't generic rock trash.

Halo is generic rock trash but it's good.

To call the whole album "generic rock trash" is pretty harsh when it never really tries to be anything more than a solid rock album, its Slash and the singer from the band that got sick of being "Creed", I mean come the fuck on did you expect this to be some kind of inventive concept album?

That said I really think Anastasia is one of the more generic songs aside from the intro. The intro is great but it kinda drops off from there imo :shrugs:

Anastasia is good but I don't get why everybody sees it as such a standout track, like its the first time they ever heard Slash go neo-classical or something

It's the only song on the album that isn't generic rock trash.

Halo is generic rock trash but it's good.

To call the whole album "generic rock trash" is pretty harsh when it never really tries to be anything more than a solid rock album, its Slash and the singer from the band that got sick of being "Creed", I mean come the fuck on did you expect this to be some kind of inventive concept album?

That said I really think Anastasia is one of the more generic songs aside from the intro. The intro is great but it kinda drops off from there imo :shrugs:

I'm not saying the album is bad. I'm just saying that I'm not a fan of the direction Slash goes with his new music for the most part and Anastasia is an exception. It stands out from the rest of the album, which all for the most part sounds the same to me.

I can see that. To be honest I was totally prepared for the album to be very underwhelming and forgettable, was pretty psyched to find out how much I really like it. Nothing too challenging or mindblowing, but a satisfying listen nonetheless, if you're a fan of how Slash plays the guitar there is every reason to love it.

This is my last post about Apocolyptic Love though, don't want to get cited for hijacking or whatever they call it, this is DJ's thread man

btw totally agree with the request at the bottom of your sig

I can see that. To be honest I was totally prepared for the album to be very underwhelming and forgettable, was pretty psyched to find out how much I really like it. Nothing too challenging or mindblowing, but a satisfying listen nonetheless, if you're a fan of how Slash plays the guitar there is every reason to love it.

This is my last post about Apocolyptic Love though, don't want to get cited for hijacking or whatever they call it, this is DJ's thread man

Please talk more about Slash's album. DJ's charging $87 for an autographed CD, that's beyond retarded and fucked up. I refuse to take it seriously, let's not talk about DJ. :lol:

:rofl-lol: Alright fuck it, but if I get a warning that tarnishes my squeaky clean record since madison got fired I blame you

The bonus tracks on AL are probably the best songs on the album IMO, they should have been included in the original track list and put out as singles. I can see why You're A Lie was the first single because it has the "safest" bet at being received by the general radio listening public I feel like either Carolina or Crazy Life could have built more hype around the release

Please talk more about Slash's album. DJ's charging $87 for an autographed CD, that's beyond retarded and fucked up. I refuse to take it seriously, let's not talk about DJ. :lol:

for the record, i thin apocalyptic love is fucking fantastic. cant wait to hear more of it live on saturday.

anyways, DJ charging 87 bucks for an autograph is really, really lame. i got like 4 free personalized autographs from the dude just from meeting him. charging almost 100 bucks and not even meeting the dude is beyond retarded.

ill still check the record out though. new music is always welcome for me even if the theme of this looks retarded (goretorium? come on...)

Edited by ZoSoRose

OK, let me try to understand. Nevermind DJ for a second. Let's think about a CD that costs 12 bucks. An autographed CD can't cost more than, uh, let's say, 17, 18, maybe 20 bucks, unless you are Ozzy, Plant, Axl, Bon Jovi, Slash, Page, etc. Who in this world would pay almost 100 bucks for an autographed copy of an album called "(...) music for the demented"?!?!?!?!? WHO THE FUCK WOULD PAY THAT?!?????!?!?

OK, I'm done. Back to Anastasia and Carolina :lol:

Edited by Bruno Poeys

OK, let me try to understand. Nevermind DJ for a second. Let's think about a CD that costs 12 bucks. An autographed CD can't cost more than, uh, let's say, 5 bucks, unless you are Ozzy, Plant, Axl, Bon Jovi, Slash, Page, etc. Who in this world would pay almost 100 bucks for an autographed copy of an album called "(...) music for the demented"?!?!?!?!? WHO THE FUCK WOULD PAY THAT?!?????!?!?

:rofl-lol:

OK, let me try to understand. Nevermind DJ for a second. Let's think about a CD that costs 12 bucks. An autographed CD can't cost more than, uh, let's say, 5 bucks, unless you are Ozzy, Plant, Axl, Bon Jovi, Slash, Page, etc. Who in this world would pay almost 100 bucks for an autographed copy of an album called "(...) music for the demented"?!?!?!?!? WHO THE FUCK WOULD PAY THAT?!?????!?!?

:rofl-lol:

If anyone hijacked the thread it's me and I take full responsibility for it.

Back on topic, lol, I wouldn't even pay $100 for an actual GNR member's autographed solo album, let alone DJ. MAYBE Axl, but not on Chinese Democracy, and the autograph would have to be personalized.

Edited by bacardimayne