New DJ Ashba Album?

ZoSoRose

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new interview with fox5vegas :

http://goretorium.visibli.com/share/CwRW54

Thanks for that! Whole album made in 2 weeks?! Axl needs to learn from this guy!

Exactly!!!!

Would love to see Axl let DJ run the band for a couple months.

I couldn't think of anything worse.

That seems awfully close minded.

You would rather have no music than a GnR album for Christmas this year?

Its just a simple riff played over and over and distorted on the chorus.

Sweet Child O' Mine.

That would be wrong. 1) there's no clean riff in the song and 2) the chorus does not feature the riff

Didn't make that clear... sorry about that.

Meant that it's just a 40 sec clip. If you listen to the first 40 sec of SCOM it's a simple riff played over and over..

Just wanna point out this wasn't meant negative towards SCOM, just think it's unfair to judge DJ by that clip (I thought it was a great clip).

comparing scom and dj's solo stuff is delusional. what the fuck is wrong with this nugnr fans? why this despise and hate for the old material?

I wasn't comparing, just pointed out that "a simple riff played over and over" fitted with SCOM (should have said 'intro').

I LOVE SCOM!!

First review :

“Eli Roth’s Goretorium – Songs For The Demented Mind” by DJ Ashba

Heavy Metal/Ambient

Released September 27th 2012

If anyone is to write a soundtrack for something like this, then DJ Ashba is the clear choice. After all, he was a part of ‘The Heroin Diaries’ soundtrack, something arguably as gruesome as Eli Roth’s Goretorium. In the spirit of the new attraction, Ashba crafts music that sets a ballsy tone that borders on bluesy, adding the right touch of gore and brutality to accompany the themes set by the very title. It’s more impressive though that this same tone carries through the whole album, a hard feat when you have 17 songs at the ready, and all of them follow the same general ideas and presentation. Admittedly some tracks are slower than others, and dare I say it, sometimes they drag, but Ashba keeps things steady enough with his guitar playing to make this an enjoyable release nevertheless.

Rating: 3.5/5 (Good)

http://bringonthemetal.tumblr.com/

Its just a simple riff played over and over and distorted on the chorus.

Sweet Child O' Mine.

That would be wrong. 1) there's no clean riff in the song and 2) the chorus does not feature the riff

Didn't make that clear... sorry about that.

Meant that it's just a 40 sec clip. If you listen to the first 40 sec of SCOM it's a simple riff played over and over..

Just wanna point out this wasn't meant negative towards SCOM, just think it's unfair to judge DJ by that clip (I thought it was a great clip).

comparing scom and dj's solo stuff is delusional. what the fuck is wrong with this nugnr fans? why this despise and hate for the old material?

I wasn't comparing, just pointed out that "a simple riff played over and over" fitted with SCOM (should have said 'intro').

I LOVE SCOM!!

Oh right I get your point now. :thumbsup: