Maybe we could all cut Axl some slack on here?

Randy Lahey

It was clearly damage control. Everytime he fucks up in front of a large audience, there's always some bullshit cop out.

Back at the Rio fuckup he was "sick" too. What a coincidence, two years in a row now, he's been "sick" for the first show :jerkoff: . Seriously, if you believe he was actually sick, gullible's written on the ceiling... :rolleyes:

If he had a bad show for whatever reason, then he had a bad show :shrugs: . But don't try to talk to me like I was just shat out of the womb yesterday.

Just once, it'd be nice for Axl to just actually own up to something...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go to Vegas. When I've seen Axl live in 2012, with no "strep throat", with no live stream, with a month's worth of shows under his belt... then I'll judge.

For now, despite everything, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with the throat thing. I believe it. He didn't forget the lyrics to Jungle, he got confused and started singing Used To Love Her after the first line of the song. For all we know, the guy could have been nervous; assuming he was sick, this was acoustic and streamed live on the Internet. If you messed up a line in those circumstances, you'd probably fumble through the next few lines too.

I'm still hoping for good things to come for this band. There have been more moments over the past 3-5 years than in the past decade where it really felt like Axl was about to get his shit together. I really hope that his voice improves (even if it's not quite 2010), and I really hope they manage to write some material in Vegas... as a whole band.

I don't know how much longer I can keep holding on to that, but in a month's time I feel like we'll all know whether things are on the downhill from here or whether there's still something worth following. I can take Axl's voice being a worse live, provided there's some solid studio material coming from these guys to back it up. Let's see what he has to say on Kimmel... :popcorn:

I think he'll be more relaxed at the Vegas shows, except for the Halloween one, because that's going to be the one most people want to see and reviewers will be at.

But you read that about a lot of singers - voice is the most delicate and unpredictable, even though years ago, Axl could smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish, and still delivered a show. But we've discussed that for all the nostalgia people have over AFD and UYI, there are some really shitty moments caught on tape and times he was croaking out the songs, and plenty of moments where GNR were flat out sloppy. I blame that on way too many gigs booked, but everyone was caught up in seeing them and they could do no wrong.

The festivals and shows like this aren't his audience, so I'm sure that factors in to him being nervous, but something like a benefit, the audience is usually going to be polite.

GNR got nowhere near the bad reviews Flaming Lips did. GNR doesn't need gimmicks, Flaming Lips rely heavily on them, but I think a Flaming Lips/GNR collab musician-wise would've been really cool in the studio.

If Axl had something contagious like strep throat, why would he be sharing the mic with someone in their 70s?

I believe strep throat is only contagious in the early stages. Not 100% sure though...

It is contagious.

Just a little research, yeah yeah

"If you are diagnosed with strep, you will stop being contagious approximately 24 hours after starting an antibiotic."

http://ent.about.com/od/livingwithentdisorders/f/How-Long-Is-Strep-Throat-Contagious.htm

The only people who have the right to complain are the people who paid for tickets to see it live, and even then, you'd be a dick, because you were making a charitable donation, and as far as I can tell, the people who bought the tickets enjoyed themselves.

Edited by JAxlMorrison

The only people who have the right to complain are the people who paid for tickets to see it live, and even then, you'd be a dick, because you were making a charitable donation, and as far as I can tell, the people who bought the tickets enjoyed themselves.

What about all the people who paid to see the livestream?

Just checking your logic here.

Guest RonMexico82

You know when you have to resort to right to complain arguments for a charity benefit concert that your one time idol is really in spinal tap territory where there are no more credible arguments to defend him with.

I got my $5 worth! Axl showed up on time, played 7 songs, wasn't feeling well and didn't sound all that great. End of story...

Guest RonMexico82

He has the big guns up his sleeve HRS, or was that in his mouth. I can't remember anymore. Someone should ask DJ for an update on all the amazing songs that nobody seems interested in releasing.

I got my $5 worth! Axl showed up on time, played 7 songs, wasn't feeling well and didn't sound all that great. End of story...

Basically yeah. I mean...it was $5 for a good cause. If you needed the $5 that bad you shouldn't have spent it.

Guest RonMexico82

We are GNR fans and we find it sad that it currently is a joke. Denying that is to aid the delusion that is ruining the GNR name.

Exactly. Cutting Axl slack was the biggest mistake anyone ever made, going right back to the old days. Duff should have bitch slapped him around the place a long ago. Do you think Keith Richards would ever have tolerated Axl's behaviour if he was in the same band as him. Odds are Keith would have murdered him.

Keith would n`t have tolerated Axl but as we know Duff & Co were spineless wussies and pussyfooted around him Duff bitch slapping Axl ? don`t make me laugh please he could n`t collect his shit back then

Keith is all bark, no bite, he didn't even knock that guy out with the guitar. Keith would have had no idea how to deal with Axl as a bandmate.

I don't think the guys in GNR got into physical fights all that much with each other. It would've been in the books, just because something like that would be remembered. I think Adler and Axl were prob. the only ones where it got heated on a regular basis. We really don't know if Izzy and Axl brawled pre GNR, that's something they'd have to answer.

It was clearly damage control. Everytime he fucks up in front of a large audience, there's always some bullshit cop out.

Back at the Rio fuckup he was "sick" too. What a coincidence, two years in a row now, he's been "sick" for the first show :jerkoff: . Seriously, if you believe he was actually sick, gullible's written on the ceiling... :rolleyes:

If he had a bad show for whatever reason, then he had a bad show :shrugs: . But don't try to talk to me like I was just shat out of the womb yesterday.

During WTTJ, he could not get any vocals out at one part of the song. He pushed and pushed. It's strep throat. You guys are conspiracy theorists.

We know Bumble would not just lie for Axl.

Edited by GNRFan53

Guest RonMexico82

So pointing out the farce that we witnessed over the weekend makes one a cupcake eh? Nice try volcano, only the feeble minded advocate censorship.

During WTTJ, he could not get any vocals out at one part of the song. He pushed and pushed. It's strep throat. You guys are conspiracy theorists.

I'm sorry, but everytime Axl fucks up, there's always some kind of lame excuse attached to it, and I'm just not buying it. It's almost the exact same circumstances as Rio, and it's the same exact kind of cop out. Just seems too sketchy to overlook.

Guest RonMexico82

I think he is sick alright. Mentally sick and dangerously close to Fat Elvis/Michael Jackson prescription pill territory. How else can you explain the self delusion on display.

I'm sorry, but everytime Axl fucks up, there's always some kind of lame excuse attached to it, and I'm just not buying it. It's almost the exact same circumstances as Rio, and it's the same exact kind of cop out. Just seems too sketchy to overlook.

Well it's not a big deal. First show back, if he was sick, he was sick. If you believe not, you are a conspiracy theorist :thumbsup:

and let's say he cancelled the show and said he had strep throat, would you be complaining? Yes you would, and you and others here could not deny that. When a chance to insult arises, you do it. It's ok, it is WAY easier to be negative and push people down, than it is to be positive and be a decent human being. :thumbsup:

Edited by GNRFan53

Well it's not a big deal. First show back, if he was sick, he was sick. If you believe not, you are a conspiracy theorist :thumbsup:

Whatever helps you get through the day dawlin'. :shrugs: .

I think he is sick alright. Mentally sick and dangerously close to Fat Elvis/Michael Jackson prescription pill territory. How else can you explain the self delusion on display.

Can you just leave this forum? LOL you portray your self in a very "alcoholic and abusive" way

Whatever helps you get through the day dawlin'. :shrugs: .

that's a little not on the straight side, but whatever helps you get through the day. :shrugs: