Pretty good Catcher vid

OJones90

So i'm not a massive fan of Catcher but I've noticed it's pretty damn popular on here. I know it's a rare one and there aren't many decent vids around, and I just stumbled upon this one and thought it was pretty cool.

Thought i'd share it here in case you guys haven't seen it, [though you most likely have lol] as it seems like it was from 09/10 but was only uploaded end of 2011

Love the song, but I think there's still something missing in it. Or maybe Axl tinkered with it to death. But overall it's a huge track on CD because it has the lush Elton/Queen influence with also the anthemic pop hook of the Na-na-nahh part (the latter of which SOD and TWAT lack). Good live version also, second behind L'Arc, imo.

Thanks for the upload. I actually haven't seen this.

I love "Catcher" a lot. I too feel something is missing ... or perhaps too much was added. I'd love to hear this one more stripped down. I like the acoustic performance I saw from L'Arc. Great track. A few of my friends actually commented on how much they like it when I got them to listen to the CD. It stood out.

Guest RonMexico82

I can't listen to Catcher anymore because I just find the end of the song to be unlistenable. There is too much going on and it sounds like a mess. It is a pity because the track had great potential, especially with Brian May on it

I have to say that I agree, after all this time the simplicity and tone of May's solo, as well as pitmans more pronounced and extended synth in the demo, really was the better version of the two.

I like BBF's solo, however in the context of the song and everything else about the demo I think was superior

The end is definitely the best part, but I do think it's too messy in terms of all the noise. Hopefully one day we'll get an acoustic/piano version. haha yeah right

l'arc will be the best we get

Amazing song Axl`s songwiting highlight never understood all this love and fascination of demo version it`s very cluttered and disjointed Bumble`s solos are much better then Brian May`s

I totally agree dude... I much prefer the final version. Absolute Masterpiece of a song. No-one on the planet can write a song like Axl Rose.