Robbie Williams

Demon Wolf

Guest Len B'stard

Absolute fucking dross. About the biggest wanker in the history of popular music that made fuckin' dreadful songs. A no life phoney fuckin' wannabe that is a joke to any right minded human being.

Just a fat dancer from Stoke.

Guest Len B'stard

I always used to wonder exactly who the fuck it was listening to Robbie Williams to make him popular.

Thats what Robbie Williams is about, puuussssssssyyy :lol:

:lol:

Escapology! I really, really, really love that album, and one of the tracks off it (Me and My Monkey) is my favorite song of that decade. He was phenomenal live around that time too. There are a bunch of other good songs scattered among his releases up to 2005. And the albums are decent. Everything since - I've actually listened to each of his albums at least once - has been pretty bad. He's been touring with that boy band lately, making a gazillion £. Good for him, I suppose, but I don't really care for him as musician anymore. He's doing a few shows at the O2 this month, I might have gone but the tickets were extremely expensive, and coupled with how badly diluted his discography is these days I decided to pass.

I thought his persona back around 99-04 was hilarious. He really embraced his success and played the whole "I'm big!" thing beautifully. And he really was massive! He was probably Europe's biggest star at the time. Shame he couldn't maintain it.

But anyway - Escapology (all of it), Live Summer 2003 (all of it), Angels obviously, Millenium, It's Only Us, Radio, Make Me Pure, Advertising Space... The version of Come Undone off LS'03 is mindblowing and one of the top live recordings I know of.

Absolute fucking dross. About the biggest wanker in the history of popular music that made fuckin' dreadful songs. A no life phoney fuckin' wannabe that is a joke to any right minded human being.

This. Absolute bollocks for tedious housewives, the local bogans and people with no taste in music that need something to listen to to make sure their ears are working. When I think of how shit music got around the early 2000s, I think Robbie Williams.

:rofl-lol: Classic line. And why the fuck is he in a video with Effy from Skins? She was probably shitting her pants when he was big. Ew.

Guest Len B'stard

Escapology! I really, really, really love that album, and one of the tracks off it (Me and My Monkey) is my favorite song of that decade. He was phenomenal live around that time too. There are a bunch of other good songs scattered among his releases up to 2005. And the albums are decent. Everything since - I've actually listened to each of his albums at least once - has been pretty bad. He's been touring with that boy band lately, making a gazillion £. Good for him, I suppose, but I don't really care for him as musician anymore. He's doing a few shows at the O2 this month, I might have gone but the tickets were extremely expensive, and coupled with how badly diluted his discography is these days I decided to pass.

I thought his persona back around 99-04 was hilarious. He really embraced his success and played the whole "I'm big!" thing beautifully. And he really was massive! He was probably Europe's biggest star at the time. Shame he couldn't maintain it.

But anyway - Escapology (all of it), Live Summer 2003 (all of it), Angels obviously, Millenium, It's Only Us, Radio, Make Me Pure, Advertising Space... The version of Come Undone off LS'03 is mindblowing and one of the top live recordings I know of.

Y'know...i didn't think it was that bad with you, i really didn't. I mean you're a Stones fan, there's gotta be something there...Robbie Williams, really, seriously? OK :lol:

I wasn't even going to open this thread, but when I saw len posted I couldn't resist.

As usual, the lad is spot on. :hug:

I wasn't even going to open this thread, but when I saw len posted I couldn't resist.

He's known around your way?

Y'know...i didn't think it was that bad with you, i really didn't. I mean you're a Stones fan, there's gotta be something there...Robbie Williams, really, seriously? OK :lol:

I'm sorry, am I not working class enough for you?

I just listened to about 10 minutes of Ramones (57 full songs) and it was alright. Better now?

Guest Len B'stard

Working class? Are you feeling a bit insecure petal, who said anything about working class? :lol: And how would The Ramones make you more working class, they were from the suburbs :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I like how Angels becomes Fool on the Hill by The Beatles, that "she offers me protection" bit is pretty much "and nobody wants to know him" from Fool on the Hill, in terms of the melody of it.

Bit of useless information there for ya :lol:

He robbed the writer of that song too apparently, didn't get his dues on it.

Edited by sugaraylen

He robbed the writer of that song too apparently, didn't get his dues on it.

Yeah I saw a thing on T.V that mentioned that once. Showed some pretty funny clips of him stammering over how and when he came up with it. Er...I dreamt it!

When I was younger a girl told me Robbie Williams was the greatest entertainer on the planet. We weren't like five or something. I'm talking in our teens. That was enough out of her for me. I don't care how well developed you are for our age. Get away from me.

Edited by Chinaski

He got lucky, with that shitty, saccharine piano ballad (Angels) tugging on the heartstrings of tone-deaf middle aged housewives in the UK. Without that song, his solo career would've faded into obscurity.

Besides, Mark Owen's solo music was always better. And he doesn't have a smug face you want to punch either.

Edited by Towelie

For some reason he never quite broke through in America except with a couple of hits - maybe he likes it that way.

He's good but I don't know if I'd call him phenomenal, up against Elton or Jagger?

He's good in the way George Michael's good or Katy Perry's good. I'm sure Katy and Robbie will wind up hooking up at some point.

Guest Len B'stard

For some reason he never quite broke through in America except with a couple of hits - maybe he likes it that way.

He's good but I don't know if I'd call him phenomenal, up against Elton or Jagger?

He's good in the way George Michael's good or Katy Perry's good. I'm sure Katy and Robbie will wind up hooking up at some point.

Dalsh man, Elton and Jagger can actually fuckin like, do something, they have a talent, this guy was like 3rd weenie from the right in Englands answer to BSB, he can't sing, he can't dance, he don't play an instrument, he ain't worthy of mention with the likes of Ol' Uncle Mick and Elton (and i don't even like Elton John).

He's known around your way?

Not on a "he's a living god" level like some places.

We did have to endure his the-whole-world-loves-me phase.