Dj Ashba is the man!

AxlRose14

Just wanted to point the following video out

Dj Ashba has got to be the most underrated guitar player of all time, next to Buckethead. The fact of the matter is, Ashba is the perfect Slash replacement. He's the lovechild of Slash and Nikki Sixx, and has been perfect for GNR. The way he plays those strings, his swag, it's identicle, hell, it's better than Slash's! Look at the way he holds that guitar, walks around, the way he smokes that cig!

Dj's guitar playing is incredible, the way he pumps up the crowd, he's no different than Slash, hell, he's BETTER.

And as far as I'm concerned it's beyond ridiculous that anyone ever even thinks about ripping AshbaSwag when Slash plays with rap boys and michael jackson. Dj is the man and I'm glad he's in the band over Slash, because if Slash was in this band it'd be hurting more. Nothing would get released and all he'd be doing is fighting with Axl and complaining that Axl doesn't wanna do what Slash wants to do.

Couldn't be any happier, and I can't wait until the new GNR album so Dj can continue to prove that he's the superior guitar player! Go Dj!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ER..You gotta remember that there are fans of DJ's out there..This is a fan forum after all..True, he's a little annoying with some of his stunts, but it was annoying to see Slash fucked up every show too..Maybe this was a cupcake..but everyone's entitled to there own opinion..

I actually read all that and thought it was sarcasm then I realised it probably wasn't and right then and there something inside of me just died.

Several posts in this thread made me feel the same way.

I think people are just being sarcastic.

Hey ER..You gotta remember that there are fans of DJ's out there..This is a fan forum after all..True, he's a little annoying with some of his stunts, but it was annoying to see Slash fucked up every show too..Maybe this was a troll..but everyone's entitled to there own opinion..

never said he wasn't entitled to an opinion, but immediately comparing him to slash and saying he's a superior guitarist? not the best way to start off a thread...this is gonna end up becoming bait for haters, and i think the OP knows it.

I hope someday I'm able to understand this stupid fight against pro-slash x pro-ashba.

Slash is Slash. Ashba is Ashba. Ashba seems to suit better to what Axl plans for GNR. Slash has a great solo career. Is it not possible to enjoy both?

I'm still recovering from Slash's concert in Rio last night. It was INSANE. And I still look forward to whatever Ashba brings to the table in Guns. I may be a wierd-o for thinking like this, I don't know...

Here's Slash's last night performance (It was broadcasted on live TV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjuOQ5yo4YQ&feature=channel&list=UL

I think Slash is better than Ashba. Personally, Slash is by far my favourite guitarist of all time. So with that said, there's no point comparing him to anyone really.

So i do feel a lot of sympathy for Ashba. He's been hated from the minute he was announced as the new guitarist. Partly because WHOEVER it is, will always get hated because he isn't Slash, and partly because he wears a top hat and is clearly inspired by Slash.

But personally, i like Ashba. I think he fits Guns N Roses very well, certainly a lot more than any other previous guitarist post-slash. He's a talented guitarist and a talented writer as well which is great for the band, and i think he has so much to offer GNR, that certain sound that has been missing since Use Your Illusion.

He seems like a pretty cool dude too.

https://www.youtube....channel&list=UL

Man, that You're Crazy was so awful. As for the others.....i'm a myles kennedy fan, but not on GNR songs. He's much more mickey mouse than Axl has ever been.

Man, that You're Crazy was so awful. As for the others.....i'm a myles kennedy fan, but not on GNR songs. He's much more mickey mouse than Axl has ever been.

Well, I had a fucking blast during You're Crazy! In the venue you can't pick up on the fucking-ups they do...

About Myles, well...I just HATE his voice! The guy can't sing at all...he's able to pitch well three or maybe four notes, and that's it. He's not versatile nor knows how to be creative with his voice at all. He dumps on whatever he's supposed to sing. But while there, at the venue, you don't get to be annoyed about it THAT much...

Though I respect you if you like him. It's just not my cup of tea...

Edited by Pinball Wizard

Well, I had a fucking blast during You're Crazy! In the venue you can't pick up on the fucking-ups they do...

About Myles, well...I just HATE his voice! The guy can't sing at all...he's able to pitch well three or maybe four notes, and that's it. He's not versatile nor knows how to be creative with his voice at all. He dumps on whatever he's supposed to sing. But while there, at the venue, you don't get to be annoyed about it THAT much...

I know what you mean, I was at GNR London gig for the 3rd time and although I preferred his voice the previous 2 times, at the time Axl sounded spot on, so brilliant, but he's taken such a lot of criticism on here and admittedly it doesn't sound as good when watching online as it did at the arena.

As for Myles....i think his voice is very much suited to Alter Bridge stuff. He does have a unique sort of voice, and a pretty impressive one sometimes, but yeah sometimes he sounds awful. At one point in the song Starlight it just sounds so rubbish. And even worse on GNR songs.

Thank you for posting that awesome Slash solo again, haven't watched that in a long time.

I stopped the video when the chinese cartoon character with a glitter guitar appeared though.

51d6jOrtGKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Jeez

I know what you mean, I was at GNR London gig for the 3rd time and although I preferred his voice the previous 2 times, at the time Axl sounded spot on, so brilliant, but he's taken such a lot of criticism on here and admittedly it doesn't sound as good when watching online as it did at the arena.

As for Myles....i think his voice is very much suited to Alter Bridge stuff. He does have a unique sort of voice, and a pretty impressive one sometimes, but yeah sometimes he sounds awful. At one point in the song Starlight it just sounds so rubbish. And even worse on GNR songs.

Yeah, for Alter Bridge his voice is spot on. But, then again, it's a different sound. His voice just doesn't match with Slash's sound...or anything blues-ish. (which is basically anything slash does)

I also like Ashba. Not as much as Slash, and I have no delusions that he is better than Slash either. But saying that I feel he fits axl and gnr better than any guitarist post classic band. Even Bumblefoot doesn't fit what gnr is as good as Ashba. But I do think Bumble is an overall better guitar player, but the constant shredding does get annoying. While I do like Fortus, I think he is clearly the least talneted of the three. He does the same licks over and over again, so even though their is a thread talking about his brilliance, I for one think he is in his perfect role.

Comparing musicians is silly in the first place. It's not a sport.

While I do like Fortus, I think he is clearly the least talneted of the three. He does the same licks over and over again

You don't play or know anything about guitars, or any other instrument, do you?

Comparing musicians is silly in the first place. It's not a sport.

While I do like Fortus, I think he is clearly the least talneted of the three. He does the same licks over and over again

You don't play or know anything about guitars, or any other instrument, do you?

Actually I have been playing for over 15 years now, and could probably play you under the table so FU!!!

Don't get me wrong I really like Richard, and he is incrediably talented.

Edited by Mike420