SiriusXM Radio Live Broadcast of Nov. 09 Show + Audio Remaster

evader

When i was there for the Nov 3rd show.... Ashba kept screwing up. During Maddy Frank was yelling and cursing Ashba out because he wasnt up there for the drum intro. He seems out of it these shows.

After all those years I don't think Ashba will turn magically into a Richard kind of player, lol. There's simply no excuse anymore. He should AT THE VERY LEAST be playing his parts accurately but he can't. He simply can't.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well just make a new section called "Ashba Bashing Section".Personally I like Ashba"s sound.He makes mistakes,they all do.I would say Richard would get the same bashing from people here if he was playing the parts Ashba does now,it seems to come with that particular position.ie Robin Fink took the exact same shit kicking.

Edited by cbgnr

I don't know how they record these streams or whatever but it always sounds pretty bad and like its missing something.Like I guarantee a good video from Youtube from one of these same clips will sound much better and just a fuller sound,it would be nice if these recordings captured that overall live sound.Axl's microphone sounds like it came out of a cereal box in these recordings.

On soundboards you can hear Axl more clearly, which makes it easier to realize how bad he often sounds. In YouTube videos, there's often reverb that makes it hard to hear the details of Axl's voice.

Yep. He's lucky many people are drunk at the shows or just distracted by all the sound going on because Axl couldn't make it passed the mass auditions stage of a reality singing show...

All I can say is that if there is actually unreleased new music, I hope he recorded the vocal years ago.

Just listened to civil war, and i cant recognize the guy i love and follow back in 90s.He is finished.

Please listen to civil war.

Guns N Roses died in the 90's but now it's buried as deep as dinosaurs bones it seems. The band that originaly played the songs is gone, Axl's voice is gone too, what is still left?

Guns N Roses died in the 90's but now it's buried as deep as dinosaurs bones it seems. The band that originaly played the songs is gone, Axl's voice is gone too, what is still left?

Still left? Lots of great concerts that leave thousands of fans happy and more music in the making...and of course a horde of whining kids who can't get over the fact that things aren't how they used to be.

The Seeker is a real highlight imo. Axl and the band completely nail it.

So any singers out there,,,,,,why is it that Axl sounds so out of breath on some songs? And it can't be fatigue(sp) from running and singing, because it often happens early in the show and right at the start of a song after he has had a break for a bit. Like after a solo, the first song played and 15 seconds into it his voice is struggling and it appears like he is out of breath. And then on the TWAT from this show, for the entire song he appeared gassed.

This isn't a bashing, I'm just curious why? If there are some singers on the forum maybe they could explain what the deal is? I coach baseball, and if a great hitter starts striking out a lot, you can usually look at his swing and figure out what the problem is......maybe a singer on the forum can explain to use why Axl sounds awesome at times, and out-of-breath and awful at times?

Just my opinion......keep Catcher and Seeker.....drop the Young song and Twat.

Add Loco, Garden and one new song for the next show - I suppose the new song can be the real song of the checkmate fame.

TWAT doesn't sound hard to sing at first but if you try it out you'll notice how hard it is. There's barely any breaks between the verse and the chorus and there's also a few bits in the where you'd really need to push it: "when I thought I heard it all -> It was a long time..."

Breathing gets difficult during midrange singing...

Still left? Lots of great concerts that leave thousands of fans happy and more music in the making...and of course a horde of whining kids who can't get over the fact that things aren't how they used to be.

have you listened to the concert? he is done.In youtube his voice hide with all the noise,but here we have what he is singing.I knew he was done,but at least i though he has his genius moments,but after this.....

have you listened to the concert? he is done.In youtube his voice hide with all the noise,but here we have what he is singing.I knew he was done,but at least i though he has his genius moments,but after this.....

Of course I have listened to the concert, there were good parts and bad parts like most GN'R concerts nowadays. Was this news to you? I don't really care as long as the audience is happy. Why should I? And I certainly won't whine about the triviality of a singer's voice deteriorating with age.

But still...it's a concert, we don't see what he is doing (dancing, running arround stuff like that). Maybe it would be better if he just stands still when singing. He seems to have problems breathing right when singing.

But I think when there, watching the show, you hardly notice. But he did suck on a lot of songs. However I bet, he gave a decent show.

Of course I have listened to the concert, there were good parts and bad parts like most GN'R concerts nowadays. Was this news to you? I don't really care as long as the audience is happy. Why should I? And I certainly won't whine about the triviality of a singer's voice deteriorating with age.

Deteriorating with age? in 2 years? maybe he is like Bilbo baggins when he lost the ring.WTF

Ive left you could be mine to the last,and is bad,but after listening the show,i dont find it that bad.But its bad sure,but a not a disaster.

And dont fool yourself, that solo is like a walk in the park compared to Shackler's or Riad. Literally.

Bumblefoot's solos on Riad and Shackler's fucking suck.

Maybe it is a conditioning thing. He was so out of breath here. Some shows he isn't , some he is. Unfortunately he picked the stream night to sound so poorly. I am as big of an Axl apologist as there is, and it was pretty bad .

This is an average night for the 2011 and 2012 Axl. And it was heaps better than RIR and Bridge School.

For once, I actually agree with Randy and disagree with Gunzen.

Ali

That is what makes the world go round Ali.

Deteriorating with age? in 2 years? maybe he is like Bilbo baggins when he lost the ring.WTF

Oh well, whatever the cause, you won't find me whining about how it isn't like it used to be as long as it is still good enough to give a great show, which, by all accounts, it is. Hell, even if it weren't good enough for that I wouldn't whine about it. I'd just stop going to the shows. I guess I just take life and its minor nuisances with a little bit more stoicism than many here.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I can see how TWAT would be hard to sing. You've got to spit out the words pretty fast and the words themselves are like a tongue twister at times. And like already mentioned, there is no break for ages! Amazing song I love it.

But still...it's a concert, we don't see what he is doing (dancing, running arround stuff like that). Maybe it would be better if he just stands still when singing. He seems to have problems breathing right when singing.

But I think when there, watching the show, you hardly notice. But he did suck on a lot of songs. However I bet, he gave a decent show.

So far people are getting entertained and aren't leaving disappointed. It doesn't matter what home viewers/listeners think. Axl burned a lot of fans in 2002 with the cancellations. That whole defiant "I won't give in, I'm still going to wave the GNR flag whether you like it or not" attitude has bit him in the ass.

GNR know where they're in demand, so as far as running out of money and having a yard sale in Malibu, not gonna happen.

There's simply no excuse anymore.

Yes! There is no excuse for not being good enough! ARRRGH!!!

He plays the easy solos and still fucks up on a (very) constant basis. I cant understand what is going on with that guy. The mistake on Civil War is completely retarded and noobish, lol.

There's simply no excuse anymore.

Yes! There is no excuse for not being good enough! ARRRGH!!!

He plays the easy solos and still fucks up on a (very) constant basis. I cant understand what is going on with that guy. The mistake on Civil War is completely retarded and noobish, lol.

I think we all agree he is sloppy and makes mistakes, my comment was more in the direction of "should people excuse themselves for their shortcomings"? I find that idea a bit strange. And I might add that technical prowess isn't everything when it comes to live playing, showmanship actually means a lot to many concert-goers.