SiriusXM Radio Live Broadcast of Nov. 09 Show + Audio Remaster

evader

Hi there. Anybody planning to upload flacs from the show on gnr tracker or anywhere else?

I tried to record it, but my stream was full of drops, a complete mess :(

jup me

wait........

i cut the break during Patience sounds pretty cool now

Edited by t-p-d-a

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His voice is weak as hell, Jesus Fucking Christ. The band, on other hand, is nailing...

Axl's just inconsistent. Nailed it in parts during some songs, but embarrassing on some and generally bearable on the rest. Really needs to drop YCBM and try not to go high, except on songs that really require it.

Also, is this setlist the same as Wednesdays?

Right...I'm not usually one to say this.....but

1:20 on the seeker, the way Axl's voice heads downwards, DOES sound like some sort of autotune trickery.

Maybe, maybe not, what do you think?

Nope, not in the slightest. It just sounds like Axl's putting more throat into it to finish off the lyrics.

Edited by nightrain86

I liked the outro to NR axl really got into it over all a pretty good show \nn/

mediafire

ok.. 3 hours remaining.

about 900MB (FLAC)

Great!! And mediafire is the best. Can't wait for the link. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Yep thanks mate good job i had that stream that dropped out through CITR so i missed a bit

Edited by Gibbo 27

They should have hot girls walking through the crowd selling Ashbaswag during his solo.

The drumming is this song is top-notch. Kudos to Matt for creating the part, and Frank for bashing it out tonight.

Didn't Steven create it but Matt recorded it? I could be wrong tho

I thought it was all Matt, but I could be wrong as well.

I heard it was Duff who wrote the intro, oddly enough.

They should have hot girls walking through the crowd selling Ashbaswag during his solo.

The drumming is this song is top-notch. Kudos to Matt for creating the part, and Frank for bashing it out tonight.

What song are you talking about

Some bitching on TWAT...stop reading here if you don't like criticism....exactly where was Ron nailing the TWAT solo? Don't get me wrong, this is about the best he ever played it and he is using the effects in all the right places, but he is playing a lot of wrong notes (especially in the tapping/hammer on part) and it sounds too pieced together, no flow and none of the efortlessness of Buckethead.

And DJ...man...seriously what is wrong with this dude? Is Robin's solo really that hard to play? Robin gave me chills when he played it but in DJ's hands It sounds so lifeless. I appreciate them playing that song again (one of my favs on CD) but without any real guitar magic it just doesn't come to life. I mean this song is pretty much all about the big build up towards the amazing guitar solos but it just sounds dead on arrival so far.

Ron gets better every time he plays the song but I don't see DJ nailing the solo any time soon. They could pick a random player from the street and he'd put more life into it than DJ. The guy is getting worse with every show, sounds like he doesn't even know how to tune his guitar. Ron and Richard please give the dude some guitar lessons, this is painful to listen to.

Edited by sascha

I think it is pretty clear that he is not playing the solo exactly note for note, especially at the end where he improvises much more. The key notes are all there including the killswitch and the tapping. If you say that he's doing it wrong you could transcribe his and Bucket's solos - the exact same bit - and tell us what's wrong. He does not get better everytime he plays it, he's playing the solo exactly how he wants and not trying to be Bucket. And dont fool yourself, that solo is like a walk in the park compared to Shackler's or Riad. Literally.

I dont know whats wrong with DJ but that dude cant play to save his life so he has to sell SWAG to compensate.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

Frankly, that was one of the sloppiest version of TWAT to date I think. The song has never sounded really great live for one reason or another...maybe it's time to stop trying?

The Seeker sounds killer IMO one of the best covers GN'R has ever done. It wasn't loose by any means, but it wasn't super tight (But in all fairness a song like this really shouldn't be too tight).

Only halfway through listening to CITR, but I like it, one of the better live performances of it IMO.

On a sidenote - is anyone else a little letdown by the quality of this broadcast? It's not one of the better radio broadcasts I've heard from any artist in recent years, and I really expected it to be top notch since a pay radio service was doing it.

Some bitching on TWAT...stop reading here if you don't like criticism....exactly where was Ron nailing the TWAT solo? Don't get me wrong, this is about the best he ever played it and he is using the effects in all the right places, but he is playing a lot of wrong notes (especially in the tapping/hammer on part) and it sounds too pieced together, no flow and none of the efortlessness of Buckethead.

And DJ...man...seriously what is wrong with this dude? Is Robin's solo really that hard to play? Robin gave me chills when he played it but in DJ's hands It sounds so lifeless. I appreciate them playing that song again (one of my favs on CD) but without any real guitar magic it just doesn't come to life. I mean this song is pretty much all about the big build up towards the amazing guitar solos but it just sounds dead on arrival so far.

Ron gets better every time he plays the song but I don't see DJ nailing the solo any time soon. They could pick a random player from the street and he'd put more life into it than DJ. The guy is getting worse with every show, sounds like he doesn't even know how to tune his guitar. Ron and Richard please give the dude some guitar lessons, this is painful to listen to.

Yeah I made a post in attitude. I was a big DJ fan when he signed and came over from Sixx AM. And I'd never in my life thought I'd b saying this because Robin was sloppy. But DJ can not do Robin Justice. And I was a Robin Hater #1. So sad.

What song are you talking about

The You could Be Mine drum intro