Vegas residency roundup

username

Vegas residency  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only 33.944 people? Fuck! US market is really a shit market for RNR! In South America you can get that amount of people or more in 1 show.

You may be right about that, but I think here in the States their is a lot more competition for your money. I don't know how it is there, but here we have pro bball, football, baseball, hockey, golf, soccer, boxing, racing, MMa and college bball and football sell out everywhere. Not to mention we have cinema's in every city, some with many. Theatrical productions in every city, opera, and every high school in America is working on a play of some sort as we speak. Not to mention we have stores on every corner where you can spend your money. Whether it is a fast food joint or a full on Mall, shopping is everywhere. And in Vegas, as well in plenty other areas of the country we have legaized gambling.

I am not saying that other countries don't have these things as well, I just don't think it is at the level and amount that it is here. And it doesn't matter if it is a metropolis or a small farm town, this stuff is EVERYWHERE.

I live in a small farm town of about 700 people, seriously. And if you compared my town to one of similiar size in Europe or South America I bet the difference is staggering. Their is more money in small towns than cities. Their is probably more net wealth in my town of 700 than dare I say 300,000 people in Rio? My house cost around $400,000 to build in 1998, and was appraised for $250,000 last year. And it is one of the smaller houses in my neighborhood. I'm not saying these things to brag, just to prove my point. And I am by no means rich or wealthy. I like most American's don't have a lot of actual money, but I do have a lot of assests. Their is so many ways to spend your money in this country, that it doesn't really suprise me that bands attract bigger audiences elsewhere.

And if for no other reasons the music scene is so diverse in this country. My wife and daughter just bought tickets to go see Taylor Swift and she is playing Ford Field. That's about 60,000 seat venue. No rock band on this planet could sell out that arena in 2012, not without another great opening band. The venue's that gnr, metallica, aerosmith and others play usually hold around 20,000. I'm not saying that it is by any means a good thing that Taylor Swift can out draw great bands, but it is true. Hell even in South America who draws a bigger audience Shakira or Iron Maiden? I bet it's Shakira.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 33.944 people? Fuck! US market is really a shit market for RNR! In South America you can get that amount of people or more in 1 show.

You may be right about that, but I think here in the States their is a lot more competition for your money. I don't know how it is there, but here we have pro bball, football, baseball, hockey, golf, soccer, boxing, racing, MMa and college bball and football sell out everywhere. Not to mention we have cinema's in every city, some with many. Theatrical productions in every city, opera, and every high school in America is working on a play of some sort as we speak. Not to mention we have stores on every corner where you can spend your money. Whether it is a fast food joint or a full on Mall, shopping is everywhere. And in Vegas, as well in plenty other areas of the country we have legaized gambling.

I am not saying that other countries don't have these things as well, I just don't think it is at the level and amount that it is here. And it doesn't matter if it is a metropolis or a small farm town, this stuff is EVERYWHERE.

I live in a small farm town of about 700 people, seriously. And if you compared my town to one of similiar size in Europe or South America I bet the difference is staggering. Their is more money in small towns than cities. Their is probably more net wealth in my town of 700 than dare I say 300,000 people in Rio? My house cost around $400,000 to build in 1998, and was appraised for $250,000 last year. And it is one of the smaller houses in my neighborhood. I'm not saying these things to brag, just to prove my point. And I am by no means rich or wealthy. I like most American's don't have a lot of actual money, but I do have a lot of assests. Their is so many ways to spend your money in this country, that it doesn't really suprise me that bands attract bigger audiences elsewhere.

And if for no other reasons the music scene is so diverse in this country. My wife and daughter just bought tickets to go see Taylor Swift and she is playing Ford Field. That's about 60,000 seat venue. No rock band on this planet could sell out that arena in 2012, not without another great opening band. The venue's that gnr, metallica, aerosmith and others play usually hold around 20,000. I'm not saying that it is by any means a good thing that Taylor Swift can out draw great bands, but it is true. Hell even in South America who draws a bigger audience Shakira or Iron Maiden? I bet it's Shakira.

In Argentina,Brasil who draws bigger audience Shakira or guns n Roses...I bet it;s Guns n roses

I'm pleased for Axl, if that's what he wants, but I'm not impressed at all with the numbers. It's like saying he packed out his bedroom, for 7 nights, with 5 people each night.

Remember, this is a guy fronting a new band, that used to front an old band that sold out stadium tours. Infront of 50k+ every show. So him filling a small show might now be his thing. To be fair Slash does the same, fills small 5k shows. I doubt either of them would be able to sell out a stadium tour individually, we all know what they'd need to do to make that happen, and it never is going to.

So no, I'm not impressed with the numbers, that berk bieber could repeat that with very little effort, and axl has as much talent in his little toe as him. But if it makes 'axl and his hired hands band' happy, so be it.

That doesn't even make sense! The played a venue that holds 4,000 a night. Do the math.

He meant that when GNR went to SA they where doing sold out stadiums, 45.000-50.000 ppl per night.

You do realize the more shows in a country, the less people will attend each show ... don't you?

On last year's SA tour they did ONE concert in Chile, THREE in Argentina, ONE in Paraguay, and FOUR in Mexico.

That's a grand total of NINE shows in SA.

Now divide that into the total population of SA (400.8 million) and you've got one show for every 44.5 million SA citizens.

Over the past 13 months they did FIFTY SEVEN concerts in the US.

Now divide that into the total US population (311.6 million) and you've got one show for every 5.5 million US citizens.

It's called "Supply & Demand" folks. ;)

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence

That doesn't even make sense! The played a venue that holds 4,000 a night. Do the math.

He meant that when GNR went to SA they where doing sold out stadiums, 45.000-50.000 ppl per night.

Not true. You might want to see the numbers for the 2010 SA Tour.

Guns N' Roses

Estadio Monumental

Lima, Peru

25-Mar-10

$1,569,840

22,089 /

1 /

$600, $50

T4F-Time For Fun

============================================

Guns N' Roses

Estadio Olimpico Atahualpa

Quito, Ecuador

1-Apr-10

$1,352,334

24,520 /

1 /

$156, $24

T4F-Time For Fun

Guns N' Roses

Estadio Centenario

Montevideo, Uraguay

18-Mar-10

$894,903

26,547 /

1 /

$150, $10

T4F-Time For Fun

Guns N' Roses

Movistar Arena

Santiago, Chile

20-Mar-10

$839,741

13,570 /

1 /

$130.01, $42.72

T4F-Time For Fun

Guns N' Roses

Estadio Cuscatlan

San Salvador, El Salvador

11-Apr-10

$416,115

6,808 /

1 /

$875, $219

T4F-Time For Fun

Guns N' Roses

Plaza Figali

Panama City, Panama

7-Apr-10

$412,631

5,879 /

1 /

$175, $40

T4F-Time For Fun

Guns N' Roses

Praca da Apoteose

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

4-Apr-10

$1,607,960

20,609 /

1 /

$198.13, $101.90

T4F-Time For Fun

Guns N' Roses Estadio Palestra Italia

Sao Paulo, Brazil

March 13, 2010

$3,086,830

34,872 /

1 /

$226.06, $67.82

T4F-Time For Fun

Guns N' Roses Estadio Velez Sarsfield

Buenos Aires, Argentina

March 22, 2010

$1,801,690

35,814 /

1 /

$103.41, $23.27

T4F-Time For Fun

Guns N' Roses Gigantinho

Porto Alegre, Brazil

March 16, 2010

$1,434,780

15,716 /

1 /

$158.18, $73.44

T4F-Time For Fun

Guns N' Roses Ginasio Nilson Nelson

Brasilia, Brazil

March 7, 2010

$1,190,210

11,260 /

1 /

$274.42, $131.72

T4F-Time For Fun

Guns N' Roses Mineirinho

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

March 10, 2010

$969,914

12,665 /

1 /

$278.73, $66.89

T4F-Time For Fun

Update: Forgot to add that "$" in this particular case means the actual country currency and not USD.

Edited by pi2loc

Where did you find those numbers? Some of them are not accurate, really. I remember some of the reports the day after the shows and they suggested otherwise. For instance the numbers in Rio and SP are not accurate. In SP they played in front of 40.000 people and in Rio 35.000. The Rio show was sold out as far as I know, the whole venue was packed. No way in the world there were less than 20.000 people there.

Where did you find those numbers? Some of them are not accurate, really. I remember some of the reports the day after the shows and they suggested otherwise. For instance the numbers in Rio and SP are not accurate. In SP they played in front of 40.000 people and in Rio 35.000. The Rio show was sold out as far as I know, the whole venue was packed. No way in the world there were less than 20.000 people there.

Not true. Those numbers are directly from the Billboard magazine. 100% accurate. Whatever was reported before was wrong. You can contact T4F to ask for further information.

Number of shows 12

Soldout shows 2/12

Attend/Capacity 33944/38892

Total gross 3108074$$

It was huge and very sucessufull.As we can see 34000 people saw Guns n Roses.Amazing

Those numbers are fn awesome!

Lol. No. Sold out would be "fn awesome" in terms of numbers. It is OK to be realistic about GnR, over exaggerating doesn't accomplish anything.

Almost famous......do you have the actual numbers for motley's entire residency? Can you post a link.(not doubting you, just curious to see what it actually was). We know that Motley was a bigger draw in 2011 than GnR was by a mile.

Number of shows 12

Soldout shows 2/12

Attend/Capacity 33944/38892

Total gross 3108074$$

It was huge and very sucessufull.As we can see 34000 people saw Guns n Roses.Amazing

Those numbers are fn awesome!

Lol. No. Sold out would be "fn awesome" in terms of numbers. It is OK to be realistic about GnR, over exaggerating doesn't accomplish anything.

Almost famous......do you have the actual numbers for motley's entire residency? Can you post a link.(not doubting you, just curious to see what it actually was). We know that Motley was a bigger draw in 2011 than GnR was by a mile.

Lol to yourself! It wasn't a bomb. They sold most of their tickets. So if I think it is fn awesome, that is what I think. I am in no way over exaggerating anything. I could understand if they sold below the half way mark. Or if they would only play to a few hundred a night. But, the numbers are very impressive. More than what many thought. Does it bother you that they had a good run? Does it bother you that they might of had a better residency than Motley? It prob does since a couple of days ago you were going on about their numbers compared to Guns. And who cares about them having a better year. Stay on topic. Or atleast point out that Motley played more shows. You write you are a fan . That you have been to many shows. That doesn't mean you don't bash the band in your own little way. Again, the numbers were FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Edited by batman007