Vegas residency roundup

username

Vegas residency  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Several people met Axl (not sure how many met him backstage though). I find it interesting that you'd 'bother' to spend money going to Vegas to see them.

You find it "interesting" that I'd go and see a band that I've been following for the past 25 years? Umm ..ok. *shrugs*

010.jpg

Didn't you give SOB shit for doing the same?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

You find it "interesting" that I'd go and see a band that I've been following for the past 25 years? Umm ..ok. *shrugs*

Quoted for the fact that within this statement BBA recognizes all incarnations of GN’R to be a legitimate continuity of the legacy. BBA is pro-21st century Guns.

Residency has to be considered a success.

Will be interesting to see if fhe band can move forward now. Start round two. Progress the band, stand on their own feet instead of living off the past. I'm positive they can......hopefully Axl, Beta and Fernando agree.

About that... Seems like there are more shows popping up again all over the world. Even if they haven't played anything new or announced anything I still kind of hoped that the Vegas shows would be the ending the current era with a bang and then moving on. But they just seem to... go on doing what they've done for years now. It kind of pisses me off.

It is frustrating.

If they already have a completed album, plus the new band has written numerous songs.....why not release it? Why keep touring the old music to death?

Most bands want to grow and share new music with their fans......unfortunately, Axl has turned GnR into a touring band.

The highlight was clearly Izzy. But I expected more.

I'm happy "Catcher" and "There Was a Time" was thrown in there, but the covers are disappointing at this point.

I didn't expect new songs, but it would have been nice. Maybe even appearances by other former members.

BBA was that stuff about Axl n izzy in the studio for shits n giggles or what?

No. If I was going to make up something merely for attention, I think I could have done better.

It's a shame that it was dismissed so quickly, cos I think it has the potential to be the best GNR-related news of the past 2 decades.

It happened.

Did anyone else have the opportunity to meet with Axl backstage? Or am I the only one?

I am not a starfucker like you and could absolutely care less. But I am glad for you though.

...on topic, I agree with the OP. Any chance I have to see this band, and get a chance for a roadie with the droogs, all is well. I am not the only one to say this but the bottom line is clear. If these shows are for the fans who go to them, then it was nearly perfect. Unfortunately, some fans of the band somehow need to be edified somehow through these forums. And unless you go, you are just not gonna get the same feel. You just can't

Nobody will say Axl did not give his all, or try new things, and stage set ups etc. All you can say is that he did not sound pitch perfect if you recorded him on your phone. It could have been a lot worse.

Axl has established himself over the last 6 years a a solid, dependable rock star, who has pitch issues unless you are actually at the show. I'll take it.

My kids and I saw the November 17 show and it kicked ass!

I thought Axl sounded great and so did the whole band. Loved the whole stage show too.

I saw them last November 2011 and I was blown away then, but this time seemed more amazing to me. My son was in the pit, so he was very close to the stage. He was in awe of everyone around him singing to all the songs.

My daughter and I had seats, but I loved how Axl would run up to the side of the stages to sing. We got a great view from out seats.

I felt Axl was having a great time as was the band and believe me you could feel the energy. It added to the greatness of the show.

Axl having fun was cool to see. I loved each guitar solo and I'll say it again, Axl has found some of the most talented musicians out there.

I really hope that they all do new music together. I think it would validate them as a band and show all the haters out there, that this band is for real and here to stay.

I am glad we flew to Vegas to see one of the shows. It was the best part of the 3 day trip.

I think playing Las Vegas for all these shows was an awesome idea.

I guess Def Leppard thinks so too since they'll be doing the same thing next March!

Can't really properly judge this run of shows until we find out what's next.

I'll be thrilled if this officially closes the book on the Chinese era.

If, however, this string of dates is shown to be nothing more than the latest in a seemingly never-ending run of shows that indicate no real forward progress, there's simply not that many more opportunities for this band to explore.

Where else? Siberia? Mars?

in all seriousness, most likely Australia/New Zealand.

What I expected. I'm happy I didn't shell out the cash to go to Vegas this time like I have in the past. It's cool that they played a couple of songs that they don't play very often and added couple of new covers, which switched things up a little, but overall, there was nothing to get all that excited about.

What I expected. I'm happy I didn't shell out the cash to go to Vegas this time like I have in the past. It's cool that they played a couple of songs that they don't play very often and added couple of new covers, which switched things up a little, but overall, there was nothing to get all that excited about.

Except for Izzy ofcourse. ;)

Several people met Axl (not sure how many met him backstage though). I find it interesting that you'd 'bother' to spend money going to Vegas to see them.

Umm ... I think this is one example of why she finds it interesting:

MyGNRForum.jpg

What's the big deal? He accepted Ron's invite to see him play. I'm sure he had a great time.

The residency was better than expected due to Izzy, Catcher and TWAT. Other than that, well, I cant say a setlist w/ Civil War, Estranged and November Rain isnt less than awesome. I'm glad Ron played Objectify, too, and it sounded great. Add Objectify to that "better than expected" list I did in my post.

pwned.

MyGNRForum.jpg

:rofl-lol:

pwned.

MyGNRForum.jpg

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

010.jpg

Well I sure do find it interesting big boy!!

pwned.

MyGNRForum.jpg

As for me, it was better than I expected. In fact the shows seemed really awesome on almost every front. The shows were really long, the setlists were great. Steady songs, rare songs, exciting covers, Izzy, 14 Years. Great stuff! The production seemed amazing too. I'm not a fan of dancers, ever. But at least it's something fresh. Then there was the piano thing, stage props etc. I think these shows were about as good as a GnR show can be with this band and this material.

I think everybody will have a different opinion based on their own personal experiences. I wouldn't trade the Hartford show I went to last year for any of the Vegas shows, it had a great opener in Baz and then GNR played 35 songs including Out Ta Get Me and Nice Boys (neither has been performed since). After that I was really happy with the Worcester show where TPR opened and GNR performed Scraped for the first time in the states, and they haven't done that song since.

The most disappointing aspect of the Vegas residency was the lack of special guests. It was great that Izzy joined them for two shows, but nobody else? I honestly didn't expect them to do any new material, but I did expect more guests.

I was at that same Hartford show. Axl was a beast and getting Nice Boys was one of the highlights that night. Such a kick ass show.