Automatic mode: ON

ChristianGNR

Does anybody else feels this way while watching to any GN'R shows from 2011/2012?

Not regarding JUST the setlist, but the attitude, the lack of rants or talking, the "hey-i'm-going-mickey-and-saving-my-voice" lack of power in Axl's voice and etc...

Edited by ChrisMaciel

Does anybody else feels this way while watching to any GN'R shows from 2011/2012?

Not regarding JUST the setlist, but the attitude, the lack of rants or talking, the "hey-i'm-going-mickey-and-saving-my-voice" lack of power in Axl's voice and etc...

Nah.

All the shows I went between late 2011 and Vegas last month were pretty sweet and had no sort of "automatic" feel.

Nah.

All the shows I went between late 2011 and Vegas last month were pretty sweet and had no sort of "automatic" feel.

russtcb -

Does lying to yourself work?

I'd say Guns n Roses is more polished, professional, and crisp-sounding than the old days, but I don't necessarily consider it automatic mode. I see where you are coming from, though. I'd love to see them play around with song arrangements more, akin to how Hendrix would modify his songs each time he played them, some times significantly, sometimes subtly.

In the end, they're not all coked up, drunk, and/or smacked out anymore, and I think that's partially what you're witnessing.

I'd say Guns n Roses is more polished, professional, and crisp-sounding than the old days, but I don't necessarily consider it automatic mode. I see where you are coming from, though. I'd love to see them play around with song arrangements more, akin to how Hendrix would modify his songs each time he played them, some times significantly, sometimes subtly.

In the end, they're not all coked up, drunk, and/or smacked out anymore, and I think that's partially what you're witnessing.

Yeah, but i see a huge difference from 2009/2010 to 2011/12, that's the point.

I've thought this since early 2010, around the time the South America tour ended. Even in mid-late 2010, despite the good performances, they seemed to really be going through the motions.

Yup. Even where they stand on stage, some exact movements they make on stage, things like that. I could give you a bunch of examples.

It does seem to have lost some spontaneity. It's not a wild rock show anymore, it's a show, a production.I don't think this happened in 2011/2012, though, but long before.