The "But they get played in arenas!" argument

bacardimayne

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to your deleted post, Rusty:

No, I don't want to hear a DJ version of AFD, but I'd have loved to hear a version by the 1999-2004 version of the band, and I'm no less of a fan for that.

Misread. That's why it was deleted and what I'm finding is all Anti-Slash with old GNR being collateral damage in the effort.

Are you Sybil?

lol bacardimayne :wow:

Do all old people respond like this?? Must be the Alzheimers...

So when you label old members of the band as dick suckers and claim none in current gnr are, what does that say about you?

Hockey isn't really popular culture. lol When the Stanley Cup comes around, there are dozens of other shows with better ratings at the time.

Old members of the band are dick suckers. Well, just douchebag Adler. He's the true cancer and he has kids that don't even know him... An interview from Paul Huge means more than hearing him spew about how much he misses Axl one day, then hates him the next. The worthless douche should get back to sucking dick like he did in his teens it'sall he's good for!

And I love hockey..but yeah not a serious audience. And there's no promise a stanley cup will even be awarded anytime soon...But, it's big in Canada. Kind of like how no one cares about soccer exceptr in europe, and even there, they call it futbol. Figure.

Edited by AxlRose14

No, I don't want to hear a DJ version of AFD, but I'd have loved to hear a version by the 1999-2004 version of the band, and I'm no less of a fan for that.

Misread. That's why it was deleted and what I'm finding is all Anti-Slash with old GNR being collateral damage in the effort.

So in other words, you were wrong, and there's no reason for you to be derailing my threads and turning them into Nu vs. Old band arguments.

And no, I have absolutely nothing against the old band as a collective unit. I think most of them are douchebags as people and most of their individual efforts suck, but what they did together as a band is great (bar some of UYI and TSI), and I'll never take that away from them.

It's been fun. Time to go watch Canada kick USA's ass in hockey. Toodles.

Do all old people respond like this?? Must be the Alzheimers...

Ask the one I responded to. It's a repeat of his posting style.

Old members of the band are dick suckers. Well, just douchebag Adler. He's the true cancer and he has kids that don't even know him... An interview from Paul Huge means more than hearing him spew about how much he misses Axl one day, then hates him the next. The worthless douche should get back to sucking dick like he did in his teens it'sall he's good for!

Steven wasn't good for AFD? Wow.

And I love hockey..but yeah not a serious audience. And there's no promise a stanley cup will even be awarded anytime soon...But, it's big in Canada. Kind of like how no one cares about soccer exceptr in europe, and even there, they call it futbol. Figure.

Nah, "Soccer" is a pretty popular sport not just in Europe. South America is crazy over it. Hockey isn't bad. It's what I care about most during the winter olympics. It suffers from regional exclusivity.

So in other words, you were wrong

No. It's right to say you prefer nugnr guitarists over Slash and bash the most important members of this band that created your "favorite album." Hell, you even hate Gilby for some reason.

You're American, right? You should put the game on. World Junior Championships, Canada vs. USA. It's an annual classic and always a good game. It just started too.

In less than an hour is the final week of American Football regular season where the playoff scenarios are decided. I want to know who my team is playing so I don't have much of an interest outside of that.

So in other words, you were wrong

No. It's right to say you prefer nugnr guitarists over Slash and bash the most important members of this band that created your "favorite album." Hell, you even hate Gilby for some reason.

While that may or may not be true, I don't see what it has to do with the two bands as units. And I never said AFD was my favorite album, just that I love it.

In less than an hour is the final week of American Football regular season where the playoff scenarios are decided. I want to know who my team is playing so I don't have much of an interest outside of that.

That sucks. Usually the Canada/USA game is on later, but it's being held in Europe this year so the scheduling is all fucked.

You realize AFD is my favorite GNR album, right?

Favorite GNR album.

Edited by bacardimayne

That sucks. Usually the Canada/USA game is on later, but it's being held in Europe this year so the scheduling is all fucked.

Very bad timing but I doubt many Americans care about it, TBH. We are raised playing in the usual elements. If you want to play Hockey, you either move up north or hope someone invested money into a rink nearby. I don't get the rivalry. I have no problem with Canadians.

Favorite GNR album.

Well, we weren't including Celine Dion into the discussion. I thought it was obvious.

The genius of Gnr is the number of songs that can be considered timeless and how each of these songs mean something to different groups of people. AFD is timeless for rock fans, WTTJ and PC are heard at every NFL game. SCOM is recognized by nearly every human on this planet. November Rain is regarded as one of the more beautiful songs ever written. Most people believe Gnr wrote KOHD. Their music reaches such a wide audience that it will be impossible to forget about what they accomplished.

The arena songs are simply a small part of their legacy, but their songs are going to be remembered by different people for different reasons.

Off your rocker, bro

And you should know I love AFD and UYI and think CD sucks. That probably blows your "mind."

Honestly, I don't care what you like or dislike. You're not a blip on the radar regarding my point. You're the one trying to act like the OP's point was your point.

32 posts. What's your main?

Sorry. I'll try to post more. Just for you.