GN'R Guitarists and Gangnam Style

Tyler Drama

Bumblefoot did the following livestream on Sunday, December 30th. At 18:20 in this video, he refuses to play Gangnam Style:

The following evening (December 31st, 2012), Buckethead decided to do this:

That's by far the most personality I've ever seen this guy have...

Edited by GNRSkidRow1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblefoot, is smart. He doesn't play stupid songs from some foreign asshole that just sings a bunch of shit. Buckethead, I have no explanation for. Just stupid. The song is annoying as hell, is way overplayed, and not worth the time of day.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bumblefoot, is smart. He doesn't play stupid songs from some foreign asshole that just sings a bunch of shit. Buckethead, I have no explanation for. Just stupid. The song is annoying as hell, is way overplayed, and not worth the time of day.

Foreign Asshole? Sings a bunch of bullshit? Do you even know wtf he's singing? I love BBF but Buckethead's having fun. He wins.

Foreign Asshole? Sings a bunch of bullshit? Do you even know wtf he's singing? I love BBF but Buckethead's having fun. He wins.

Of course I don't know what he's babbling about while riding his imaginary horsey, and I have absolutely no interest in finding out. I'm sure it's epic.

Well, Bucket was having fun, but if he was going to perform it I wish that he would at least play guitar instead of dancing, because at least he'd make the "song" a lil bit interesting. There are much better songs to dance to instead of the most overrated one of the last year, maybe even decade. I was going to point out that the best thing that Ron did in his livestream was *not* to play that gay and stupid thing.

I encourage you all to research Psy and see what a poor excuse for a human being he is. The shit he said/sang about American soldiers was just plain wrong, and he should be raked over the coals for it. I don't give a shit if he apologized, some things you just can't take back. To add insult to injury, he is conveniently ignorant of history and who, exactly, sacrificed their lives for his fucking country.

CNN was able to translate the lyrics as saying," Kill those f--ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives and those who ordered them to torture," and going on to say, "Kill them all slowly and painfully," as well as "daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers."

PSY apologizes for viral anti-American lyrics

So I'm glad Bumblefoot didn't play that stupid song. Plus Psy's 15 minutes ended when 2012 ended. Buh bye.

I never understood the gangnam style phenomenon. A chubby metrosexual korean man who can't dance singing a song which isn't even that catchy.

I encourage you all to research Psy and see what a poor excuse for a human being he is. The shit he said/sang about American soldiers was just plain wrong, and he should be raked over the coals for it. I don't give a shit if he apologized, some things you just can't take back. To add insult to injury, he is conveniently ignorant of history and who, exactly, sacrificed their lives for his fucking country.

CNN was able to translate the lyrics as saying," Kill those f--ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives and those who ordered them to torture," and going on to say, "Kill them all slowly and painfully," as well as "daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers."

So I'm glad Bumblefoot didn't play that stupid song. Plus Psy's 15 minutes ended when 2012 ended. Buh bye.

I never understood the gangnam style phenomenon. A chubby metrosexual korean man who can't dance singing a song which isn't even that catchy.

But that was a different song that he made 8 years ago.

Yeah, and? Did you have a point, Captain Obvious?

Oh I see, you weren't bothered by what Psy said. And that's cool: to each their own. I'm not quite sure why you couldn't just say that though.

Yeah, and? Did you have a point, Captain Obvious?

Oh I see, you weren't bothered by what Psy said. And that's cool: to each their own. I'm not quite sure why you couldn't just say that though.

I was just making sure everyone didn't think it was the Gangman Style lyrics :lol: My bad man!

I was just making sure everyone didn't think it was the Gangman Style lyrics :lol: My bad man!

Oh okay. You're right- in my post I didn't make it clear and I see that now. That's my fault and I actually appreciate now that you made the distinction. My bad.

The less that stupid shit song is played, the better it is for humanity to move on from its existence. Probably one of the worst abominations the music industry has ever witnessed. Oh, but don't worry, he does some ridiculous jackass dance that proves to be a hit with Friday nighters. Lordy...

I don't get the love for Gangnam Style. If I needed a random beat with a stupid dance, I'd listen to any other Top 40 song. Then you have the awful lyrics, and the enormous writing on the wall of it being a one-hit wonder. I'm sorry, I understand the fun people get out of it. But music to me is about passion and raw emotion brought out into thoughtful composition. It's not about a pedestrian beat, Korean lyrics about a guy and girl and how normal they are, and a dance that makes a drunk look like a pro.

Let me know when Psy writes a decent lyric.

Edited by Zeppelin

I hate those 80's songs lyrics as well, but they at least had someone serious playing music. No, it's not about instrument, but that stupid dance and the song melody behind it all that made me think: mainstream music listeners dont give a fuck about musicality. They want to be entertained and if that comes from a retard riding an imaginary horse with some random beats behind it all, so be it.

Randy, so you get more entertained by a man dancing to a retarded song instead of playing it than by a man playing some of the greatest songs ever recorded? I mean, that shouldnt even be a question because you are not serious, but whatever.

Well, in one side I HATE that song, I just can't stand it, don't like it now, and I will never like it in the future (Just to be clear this happens to me with almost all the pop songs) but I understand that other people may like it, and if Buckethead wanted to dance to this song then thats cool, he was having a good time and the crowd seemed to be having fun themselves so whats the big deal? In another hand we have Bumblefoot who didn't wanted to play the song, wich is cool too, clearly he doesn't like that song so why should he play it? H alsoe didn't get mad when he read the question he just smiled and said "I will not play Gangman Style" And thats cool becouse that was his choise, he didn't wanted to play it and he didn't so whats the big deal there?