The Official Black Sabbath '13'/Tour Thread

bran

No problem :)

Here's a MUCH better video for End of the Beginning:

Sounds good and looking forward to the studio version. It seems like an odd song too sing live, and I don't think Ozzy sounds bad at all.

Stage looks cool.

holy shit that song is going to be awesome when the studio version comes out

No problem :)

Here's a MUCH better video for End of the Beginning:

Sounds good and looking forward to the studio version. It seems like an odd song too sing live, and I don't think Ozzy sounds bad at all.

Stage looks cool.

cool quality, thx

have they ever done you wont change me live? i really like that track, some of iommi's best soloing imo

nope, never. I like that song too, great riffs, good solo, doommy Sabbath Edited by Crash Diet

That's kind of what I'm thinking, unfortunately. If they were anywhere in the center sections I'd be happy, buy I'm pretty much in the corner, and those seats just aren't worth the price paid. I probably wouldn't have too much of a problem selling them, either.

Guess I'll just go Lawn for this show and relax and enjoy it.

That's kind of what I'm thinking, unfortunately. If they were anywhere in the center sections I'd be happy, buy I'm pretty much in the corner, and those seats just aren't worth the price paid. I probably wouldn't have too much of a problem selling them, either.

Guess I'll just go Lawn for this show and relax and enjoy it.

...and hope there's not a raging thunderstorm

Like the one at Darien Lake during Ozzfest one year.

Ever been on the lawn at a metal show in a rainstorm??

It's not pretty! :confused:

Darien Lake was insane.

It poured all day.

The mood got very ugly.

The people on the lawn literally spent a good part of the day digging up the turf and throwing it at people in the seated sections.

I was in the seated section and get hit by a large chunk, it fucking stung!

THEN...when they were running out of turf to chuck, the contraband booze bottles started flying through the air, and...well...anything they could get their hands on...including the big green metal garbage cans.

It was so bad you couldn't watch the bands, you had to keep an eye on the lawn for your own safety.

Skulls were cracking.

It was really a drag.

On top of that, Ozzy was losing his voice (probably from all the cold dampness), so I bailed half way though his set.

What the fuck, everything sounds awesome. Didn't expect that. Ordered the album and two concert tickets for Amsterdam + a hotel immediately.

Was reading a blabbermouth discussion and someone there said this to some of the assholes complaining that it's "not heavy":

It's amazing how ignorant the majority of the people on this site are. How can you complain about this? Do yourselves a favor and go learn something about music. The problem with so many metal heads these days is that they don't see the big picture, and what makes something good.

Black Sabbath is so good because they took their musical roots in Blues, early Rock N' Roll, and Jazz and created an entirely new genre of music. That is an incredible feat only achieved by a select few musicians in the history of the world.

Most of these cookie cutter metal bands out today know nothing outside of metal. Their roots exist in an already tainted and processed form of metal so in the end they offer nothing new. Their entire aim is to try and be the heaviest, fastest, most technical band out there but they don't even understand what heavy is. They don't understand music.

The truly great bands such as Black Sabbath, or The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Opeth, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Guns N Roses etc... These bands are great because they have diverse roots. They understand the dynamics in style, and melodic phrasing, and songwriting.

All of you ignorant know it all's posting on this site should probably have a clue about what good music is before you add your intellectually minute critiques to music that there is absolutely nothing wrong with.

Totally agree with him.

Edited by st0n3r

Full North American tour:

Jul 25: Houston, TX (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion)
Jul 27: Austin, TX (Frank Erwin Center)
Jul 29: Tampa, FL (Live Nation Amphitheatre)
Jul 31: W. Palm Beach, FL (Cruzan Amphitheatre)
Aug 2: Bristow, VA (Jiffy Lube Live)
Aug 4: Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
Aug 6: Detroit, MI (DTE Energy Music Theatre)
Aug 8: Uncasville, CT (Mohegan Sun Arena)
Aug 10: Philadelphia, PA (Wells Fargo Center)
Aug 12: Boston, MA (Comcast Center)
Aug 14: Toronto, ON (Air Canada Centre)
Aug 16: Tinley Park, IL (First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre)
Aug 18: Indianapolis, IN (Klipsch Music Center)
Aug 22: Vancouver, BC (Rogers Arena)
Aug 24: Seattle, WA (Gorge Amphitheatre)
Aug 26: San Francisco, CA (Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View)
Aug 28: Irvine, CA (Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre)
Aug 30: Phoenix, AZ (U.S. Airways Center)
Sep 1: Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)
Sep 3: Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Sports Arena)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1559624/black-sabbath-expands-north-american-tour

I wanna see the Houston show so fucking bad. The pit at The Woodlands only holds 125, it was only 2 to 3 people deep at Maiden!

What the fuck, everything sounds awesome. Didn't expect that. Ordered the album and two concert tickets for Amsterdam + a hotel immediately.

Was reading a blabbermouth discussion and someone there said this to some of the assholes complaining that it's "not heavy":

It's amazing how ignorant the majority of the people on this site are. How can you complain about this? Do yourselves a favor and go learn something about music. The problem with so many metal heads these days is that they don't see the big picture, and what makes something good.

Black Sabbath is so good because they took their musical roots in Blues, early Rock N' Roll, and Jazz and created an entirely new genre of music. That is an incredible feat only achieved by a select few musicians in the history of the world.

Most of these cookie cutter metal bands out today know nothing outside of metal. Their roots exist in an already tainted and processed form of metal so in the end they offer nothing new. Their entire aim is to try and be the heaviest, fastest, most technical band out there but they don't even understand what heavy is. They don't understand music.

The truly great bands such as Black Sabbath, or The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Opeth, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Guns N Roses etc... These bands are great because they have diverse roots. They understand the dynamics in style, and melodic phrasing, and songwriting.

All of you ignorant know it all's posting on this site should probably have a clue about what good music is before you add your intellectually minute critiques to music that there is absolutely nothing wrong with.

Totally agree with him.

the songs are plenty heavy enough. the songs are just boring. (outside of the last 3 minutes of god is dead) it seems like they are trying to do the title track 2 tracks in a row. nothing really diverse about it, and certainly does not compare to opeth.

Gonna definitely do the Virginia show and Philly.

EDIT: ugh, why does every show I want to go to have to be non-GA? So annoying.

Bristow isn't GA? It usually is...

Yeah, seem I might have jumped the gun :lol: all of the pictures make it seem like it doesn't, but it looks like the front 3 "sections" are GA. I can only hope!

Hoping the tickets don't go on sale for a little while here, I've got shit to pay :lol: