The Official Black Sabbath '13'/Tour Thread

bran

Meh, it's okay. Nothing to write home about. Definitely not a fan of the drumming. Ozzy sounded considerably better than I was expecting (And more natural), so kudos for that.

The production on it flat out sucks though. Especially Geezer's bass. It just sounds so real that it's artificial, if that makes any sense. It sounds like he recorded it direct, and then they left it completely unmastered and in the forefront of the mix.

yeah i really dont like the production as well, something that really stuck with me after the second or 3rd listen, i listened to the the song on headphones it sounds compressed to shit. the drums have this clicky sound to them and then the bass was kind of weird. rick rubin has been doing this for a little while now with the compression. i will iisten to it on my stereo later to give a better listen to the production.

The production was shit through my Bose noise canceling headphones, and I expect much the same through any decent sound system.

yeah when rick rubin was announced as the producer that worried me since death magnetic was beyond awful. the drums on god is dead have no slap to them they just are kind of tinny and clicky. the vocals are pretty well done though.

geezer is awesome at around 7:21. i do really dig it, gives off a very good CLASSIC Sabbath sound. if it was trimmed a bit, had a guitar solo, and better production itd be a knock out.

still good and very excoted for the album

your poll made me laugh lol, well done

if the song was cut to about 5 and a half minutes it would have served the song very well. the second part of the song starting around the 6 minute mark started to kick ass. the first half was just dragging(and i like funeral doom so that is saying something :lol:)

ozzy's vocals were kind of weird at first but i thought overall very well done compared to the heavy auto tuner that was being used on his solo stuff for a while.

the bass was pretty cool even though in some parts i sounded weird.

it still isnt as bad as i imagined it so that has me excited that a couple of the songs on the album will kick ass.

Sabbath has always been an Ozzy thing for me, that dirty, awesome sound. Love it. Never bothered with much of the later stuff, seemed to lose some of it's charm in a way, the operatic Dio was nice an all it just didn't seem like a appropriate voice for it.

I think the songs pretty solid. I think it's important to say we're listening to what sounds like a rough radio edit so I wouldn't base much on the quality/production atm, it's hard to say. It needed more vocal melody and point but every time it builds up it got to the chorus. Not a bad song, I expect better from the album. I love the bass on GID?

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

Well TECHNICALLY gnr didbreak up. Axl just kept the name alive.there's only one sabbath album i can think of with just iommi, although he was forced to use the name

seventh star

the eternal idol

headless cross

tyr

forbidden

are the sabbath albums that had just iommi.

Sabbath has always been an Ozzy thing for me, that dirty, awesome sound. Love it. Never bothered with much of the later stuff, seemed to lose some of it's charm in a way, the operatic Dio was nice an all it just didn't seem like a appropriate voice for it.

I think the songs pretty solid. I think it's important to say we're listening to what sounds like a rough radio edit so I wouldn't base much on the quality/production atm, it's hard to say. It needed more vocal melody and point but every time it builds up it got to the chorus. Not a bad song, I expect better from the album. I love the bass on GID?

I don't understand this logic at all. Other than a couple songs on Heaven And Hell that were written before Dio joined, the rest of the Dio-era albums were written specifically for a more operatic voice. I can't think of anyone other than Dio that could've done more appropriate vocals for songs like Children Of The Sea, Die Young, Voodoo, Sign Of The Southern Cross, or Falling Off The Edge Of The World.

I don't understand this logic at all. Other than a couple songs on Heaven And Hell that were written before Dio joined, the rest of the Dio-era albums were written specifically for a more operatic voice. I can't think of anyone other than Dio that could've done more appropriate vocals for songs like Children Of The Sea, Die Young, Voodoo, Sign Of The Southern Cross, or Falling Off The Edge Of The World.

This.

Well TECHNICALLY gnr didbreak up. Axl just kept the name alive.there's only one sabbath album i can think of with just iommi, although he was forced to use the name

seventh starthe eternal idolheadless crosstyrforbiddenare the sabbath albums that had just iommi.

Shit no kidding, i thought geezee was on those,i forgot about cozey

Reading between the lines on the VIP Info pages:

One reserved ticket in the first 3 rows, or one G/A pit ticket *

* General Admission pit ticket. Not offered at all venues.

So let's hope some GA shows start to show up whenever more shows are announced :)

That's probably gonna be the amphitheaters they play, not the arenas. Nearly any venue that has a pit does GA in it. As far as the arenas go...if the ACC isn't doing GA floor, I can't see any others doing it...

Also, lyrics I deciphered for the song:

God Is Dead?

Lost in the darkness

I ...? from the light

Faith of my father

My brother

my maker

And savior

Help me make it through the night

Blood on my conscience

And murder in mind

Out of the gloom

I rise up from my tomb

Into impending doom

Now my body is my shrine

The blood runs free

The rain turns red

Give me the wine

You keep the bread

The voices echo in my head

Is God alive or is God dead?

Is God dead?

Rivers of evil

Run through dying land

Swimming in sorrow

They kill, steal and borrow

There is no tomorrow

For the sinners will be damned

Ashes to ashes

You cannot exhume us all

Who do you do you trust

When corruption and lust

creed of all the unjust

Leaves you empty and ...?

When will this nightmare be over, tell me?

When can I empty my head?

Will someone tell me the answer?

Is God really dead?

Is God really dead?

To safeguard(?) my philosophy

until my dying breath

I transfer from reality

Into a ...?

I emphasize with enemies

Until the timings right

With God and Satan at my side

From darkness will come light

I watch the rain as it turns red

Give me more wine I don't need bread

These riddles that live in my head

I don't believe that God is dead

God is dead

Nowhere to run

Nowhere to hide

Wondering if we will meet again

On the other side

Do you believe a word

what the good book said?

Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is dead?

God is dead!

God is dead

God is dead!

God is dead

Right!

But still the voices in my head

Are telling me that God is dead

The blood pours down

The rain turns red

I don't believe that God is dead

God is dead

God is dead

God is dead

Unable to make out a few spots, so any help with those would be appreciated.

Reading between the lines on the VIP Info pages:

One reserved ticket in the first 3 rows, or one G/A pit ticket *

* General Admission pit ticket. Not offered at all venues.

So let's hope some GA shows start to show up whenever more shows are announced :)

That's probably gonna be the amphitheaters they play, not the arenas. Nearly any venue that has a pit does GA in it. As far as the arenas go...if the ACC isn't doing GA floor, I can't see any others doing it...

Yeah, looks like the Washington show has GA. I'm hoping they come to Camden for New Jersey as well, because they'll most likely do GA there. Same with Scranton. Any others you can think of?

EDIT: Wow, people in Washington must not care about Sabbath, because VIP packages AND pit tickets are still available for that show. What the fuck.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rv4z1/Zane_Lowe_Sebastian_Ingrosso_and_Ozzy_Osbourne/

If you go to 53:20 of this interview, you can hear the whole song with the little solo by Iommi. But more importantly, without that "I Heart Radio" shit.

Not as good as just finding the song, but if you want to hear it a bit differently, check it out.