The Official Black Sabbath '13'/Tour Thread

bran

Just bought mine! The only lower bowl in Toronto were pretty crap (high row in the corner) so I opted for upper bowl (low row) - $75 each.

What section? We're 310, row 7. Not happy about upper bowl in Toronto, but oh well.

Looking forward to seeing Tony and Geezer live again! :D

Yeah, I did zint, but not interested in $350 a ticket. At least not for this show.

I'm hoping they wait a bit to announce more shows, as I might try to go for a Meet & Greet (only get to meet Ozzy, but that's still cool with me) package for a future date.

$1,000 for a meet and greet with Ozzy? No thanks.

Yeah I'm not interested in them for this show. I'm going to this one with my dad, so we'll deal with the tickets we got.

If/when other shows are annoucned, depending on what my dad wants to pay, we'll get one of the VIP packages. If he doesn't want to do either of those, I'll go to the shows myself :)

Just bought mine! The only lower bowl in Toronto were pretty crap (high row in the corner) so I opted for upper bowl (low row) - $75 each.

What section? We're 310, row 7. Not happy about upper bowl in Toronto, but oh well.

310 row 5 :) Not sure if you remember but I met you (and your mom) backstage in Hamilton 2011. Good times!

I could have purchased 126 row 27 but didn't think it was worth paying for lower bowl unless it was closer.

Halfway through so far. Vocals are a little odd, but placing and singing-wise, but I'm digging it.

Song picks up awesomely around 6:25

yeah i really like that part. if the song was cut to about 5 and a half minutes i think it would have been better. not a bad song but not great. iam pleased with ozzy's vocals not sounding so robotic. the drumming kind of sucks though.

Edited by bran

310 row 5 :) Not sure if you remember but I met you (and your mom) backstage in Hamilton 2011. Good times!

I could have purchased 126 row 27 but didn't think it was worth paying for lower bowl unless it was closer.

Yea, of course I remember! :) We'll definitely have to catch up since we're sitting so close!

Yeah, after one line of lyrics I was expecting another set, but they don't start for another 2-3 seconds, which worked in some spots, but not all, in my opinion.

Ozzy sounded good, as did the rest of the band, but I agree, the drumming didn't sound right. At least not until it picked up after 6 minutes in. Wonder what it would have been like with Tommy C. (the drummer that plays live with them) on drums.

"Give me the wine, you keep the bread"

Didn't catch it the first time. :lol:

i listened to it a couple more times, and still feel the same. not bad not great, solid song.

edit: but im also listening to it on the headphones as well, want to hear it on my stereo.

Edited by bran

Meh, it's okay. Nothing to write home about. Definitely not a fan of the drumming. Ozzy sounded considerably better than I was expecting (And more natural), so kudos for that.

The production on it flat out sucks though. Especially Geezer's bass. It just sounds so real that it's artificial, if that makes any sense. It sounds like he recorded it direct, and then they left it completely unmastered and in the forefront of the mix.

Meh, it's okay. Nothing to write home about. Definitely not a fan of the drumming. Ozzy sounded considerably better than I was expecting (And more natural), so kudos for that.

The production on it flat out sucks though. Especially Geezer's bass. It just sounds so real that it's artificial, if that makes any sense. It sounds like he recorded it direct, and then they left it completely unmastered and in the forefront of the mix.

yeah i really dont like the production as well, something that really stuck with me after the second or 3rd listen, i listened to the the song on headphones it sounds compressed to shit. the drums have this clicky sound to them and then the bass was kind of weird. rick rubin has been doing this for a little while now with the compression. i will iisten to it on my stereo later to give a better listen to the production.

yeah i really dont like the production as well, something that really stuck with me after the second or 3rd listen, i listened to the the song on headphones it sounds compressed to shit. the drums have this clicky sound to them and then the bass was kind of weird. rick rubin has been doing this for a little while now with the compression. i will iisten to it on my stereo later to give a better listen to the production.

The production was shit through my Bose noise canceling headphones, and I expect much the same through any decent sound system.