The Official Black Sabbath '13'/Tour Thread

bran

Kinda a sidetrack but does anyone consider Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, bar the title track, a metal album? I don't.

good question.

i really dont think it is, same thing with technical ectasy and never say die(at least sabbath bloody sabbath was good though :lol:)

I know they probably used that clip because of the lyrical content ("nowhere to run, nowhere to hide"), but they should've unleashed something a bit more epic, even if it was just an instrumental clip, to get people more amped.

Of course, as a big Ozzy and Sabbath fan, I'm looking forward to this, although I'm not expecting anything on a par with Master of Reality, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage etc.

Edited by Towelie

Hopefully Black Sabbath will come up with an album that people will feel has a familiar "classic" sound to it. I'm not going to listen it with high expectations, just a bunch of songs that I'll hopefully like over time. I'm sure everyone who heard any of their classic albums at first listen back in the day didn't immediately take to it, and you don't have years of having the songs drummed in your head over and over. It's also easier to listen to the back catalog from 83-95 and not be as judgmental.

Sabbath should have done a reunion album in 1995, but that debate is whether it would've been classic Sabbath or something that mixed Ozzmosis and Forbidden together, and I really don't know how we would've taken to THAT. Butler did write half of Ozzmosis, but wonder how it would've gone with Iommi instead of Wylde.

The good thing is Iommi and Butler did do a good album with The Devil You Know, and Scream did pretty well for Ozzy, so if you think about them following up on those albums, it should be good. I don't see it as the a "gap" when Butler and Ozzy have written and played on and off together since 1978, and of course the songs Ozzy did with the reformed Black Sabbath, and the guest appearance on Iommi.

I'm sure Bill Ward will be missed, but he could just as easily show up when they play LA, Irvine, or San Diego, because he lives in the LA area. That's probably where people are going to do the "will he show" thing. I will also bet Tom Morello's going to be showing up at one of the shows. Ice T will prob. go see the show, but I don't think he'll be up on stage with them *L*.

born again is in my top 5 sabbath albums :lol:

iam hoping for something along the lines of cross purposes a damn good album with a couple of throw away tracks. what iam expecting is a slightly better forbidden. 3 or 4 good songs and a shit ton of filler.

Man, this thread made me put on Heaven and Hell. It really is fucking awesome. Pretty cool as well that Ronnie came from Upstate NY.

my first metal album and still my favorite album of all time :wub:

Man, this thread made me put on Heaven and Hell. It really is fucking awesome. Pretty cool as well that Ronnie came from Upstate NY.

I came across old news ads of "Ronnie and the Redcaps" playing a harvest hop from 8:30 to 11:30. He was playing at venues Connie Francis, Kay Starr and Jerry Vale were playing at & 4-H council dances. When you take into account he was performing professionally from 1961 to 1974 before he joined Rainbow, it's easy to see why he appreciated the success, because it came to him much later in life. Holy Diver was when he was about 39-40.

He's got a street named after him in Cortland, his hometown. I stopped to see it once - there's pretty much nothing on the street. But I got talking to the owner of the house on the corner of it, she'd figured I must be a Dio fan. Turns out it was the house Ronnie grew up in and she'd bought it from him personally, and she had some fucking incredible stories about it/him. She said they were renovating the upstairs at one point, and when taking down a wall, found a bunch of his spelling tests from elementary school which he'd failed, surely he hid them so he didn't get in trouble :lol:

On the topic of the CSI premier, that's lol-tacular.

He's got a street named after him in Cortland, his hometown. I stopped to see it once - there's pretty much nothing on the street. But I got talking to the owner of the house on the corner of it, she'd figured I must be a Dio fan. Turns out it was the house Ronnie grew up in and she'd bought it from him personally, and she had some fucking incredible stories about it/him. She said they were renovating the upstairs at one point, and when taking down a wall, found a bunch of his spelling tests from elementary school which he'd failed, surely he hid them so he didn't get in trouble :lol:

:lol: that is pretty cool.

i just cannot believe he started his musical career in the 1950's.

i once made a burnt cd for my grandmother of 1950s-1960s old school rock and doo wop. i put some ronnie and the prophets and numerous other bands, and her favorite was this

so in ways my 72 year old grandmother loves dio :)

sabbath will debut their first single on the season finale of CSI, part of the story involves going to a sabbath concert in which the band will be performing the new song "the end is the beginning"

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/04/10/black-sabbath-to-debut-new-song-the-end-is-the-beginning-on-season-finale-of-csi/

Well at least the forensic shit won't be the most unrealistic part of CSI anymore. Now you've got Ozzy sounding good live!

sabbath will debut their first single on the season finale of CSI, part of the story involves going to a sabbath concert in which the band will be performing the new song "the end is the beginning"

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/04/10/black-sabbath-to-debut-new-song-the-end-is-the-beginning-on-season-finale-of-csi/

Well at least the forensic shit won't be the most unrealistic part of CSI anymore. Now you've got Ozzy sounding good live!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

:lol: that is pretty cool.

i just cannot believe he started his musical career in the 1950's.

i once made a burnt cd for my grandmother of 1950s-1960s old school rock and doo wop. i put some ronnie and the prophets and numerous other bands, and her favorite was this

so in ways my 72 year old grandmother loves dio :)

Burned my dad a CD of all the Ronnie & The Prophets stuff for Christmas, he loved it too. It's seriously amazing stuff for what it is, in a way it's a wonder that his career never really took off before Elf.