Guns N' Roses Official Website back on 2001 - Check it out

ManetsBR

apparently Axl asked the fans what they thought of Oh My God, and they all tore into the song (and him)

Sorry don't quite get what you mean by tore into... like criticized?

Correct. Totally ripped on both him and the song, thus the good ol' "The Internet is a big garbage can" at Rio.

correct, sob said this and he was active there when this happened.

apparently Axl asked the fans what they thought of Oh My God, and they all tore into the song (and him)

Sorry don't quite get what you mean by tore into... like criticized?

Correct. Totally ripped on both him and the song, thus the good ol' "The Internet is a big garbage can" at Rio.

Hmmm so if these people wouldn't have f'd it up.... we could have had an album earlier and possibly 2 by now. Also probably a lot of the older industrial songs he has. Also, has anyone ever thought about if Axl could even sing like he did in Oh My God anymore? I mean it is a very different voice from how he normally sounds.

He could use the same vocals that he does in the chorus on chinese democracy and I think it would work well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, 2000 intentions was never an official title. As far as I know, there are no official references to this title. I think it was a web-rumored title, like the songs cock-a-roach soup and others (Axl said those were fake titles in the mygnrforum chats)

Edited by nambis

No, 2000 intentions was never an official title. As far as I know, there are no official references to this title. I think it was a web-rumored title, like the songs cock-a-roach soup and others (Axl said those were fake titles in the mygnrforum chats)

Ok true, thought so. Thank you man. For a moment, I thought my GN'R knowledge was slipping.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Apparently, when Buckethead was announced there wasn't one reaction in the official thread that didn't contain WTF. Does that remind you of anybody more recent? We're a fickle community.

Also, Axl is rumoured to have been the user malibu as well. Lolly submitted Axl's number to gnronline.

There were a lot of secret URLs attached to gnronline as well. Darknemus is said to have accesed exclusive access about Chinese Democracy via one of the secret webpages.

ww.gnronline.com/images/_vti_cnf

www.gnronline.com/bin/unique.cgi

www.gnronline.com/bin/session.cgi

www.gnronline.com/admin/Start/nav_right.admin

www.gnronline.com/admin/Images/blank.gif

www.gnronline.com/admin/Site/

www.gnronline.com/images/eod150.jpg

www.gnronline.com/admin/

www.gnronline.com/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.dll

www.gnronline.com/images/navtxt.gif

www.gnronline.com/news.cfm

www.gnronline.com/_vti_inf.html

www.gnronline.com/newsbody.cfm

www.gnronline.com/admin/Images/hostpro.gif

www.gnronline.com/images/crowdbg.gif

www.gnronline.com/images/gnrcover.jpg

www.gnronline.com/admin/Start/nav_left.admin

www.gnronline.com/admin/Images/blackdot.gif

www.gnronline.com/_vti_bin/shtml.dll

www.gnronline.com/viewtopic.cfm

www.gnronline.com/images/

www.gnronline.com/scripts/admin/space.cgi

www.gnronline.com/images/gnrnav.gif

www.gnronline.com/admin/Start/main.html

www.gnronline.com/images/vertline.gif

www.gnronline.com/admin/Site/indexleft.html

www.gnronline.com/newbody.cfm

If you try to access gnronline these days, it takes you to Geffen/Interscope.

PRESS_RELEASE.png

PRESS_RELEASE_1.png

PRESS_RELEASE_3.png

PRESS_RELEASE_4.png

PRESS_RELEASE_5.png

PRESS_RELEASE_7.png

PRESS_RELEASE_8.png

IndianaRose

Well I just found a website that lets you go through previous archives of current websites. For example I went to the January 2001 version of mygnr.com and it talked about Rio,Vegas,and End of Days. Well I went through the gnronline archives starting from 1999 and I just realized this website use to be good. I kept going through each month's page and they updated the site atleast every month. They also gave you links to were to buy GN'R merchandise,CDs,and other stuff. They had interviews and previews of the Live Era tracks before the CD came out on Novemebr 27th 1999. You could also view the WTTJ Live Era video. The cool thing was also that the site's look and style changed every month. It also gave you show dates and ticket buying links. Man,What the fuck happened?The site started getting shiity after Novemebr of 2002,before that it was actually pretty good. What the fuck happened to you MR.GNRonline Webmaster?huh? ???

title.gif

27_NOVEMBER_1999.png

Nah, I think 2000 Intentions was very official.

show us an official reference to it! nobody can, because there are none. it was an internet rumor! additionally, it's amateur and silly as hell, just like "cock-a-roach soup" and "zip it."

Edited by nambis

I remember those days as well. The whole GnR thing was a lot more mysterious back then because Axl had only been sitting on recordings for only a few years, and no one really knew what was going on. I think it's correct that Axl posted on the board, but it wasn't seen as such a big deal back then as it is nowadays because the media wasn't all over the internet yet like they are now and not everyone knew he rarely said anything to anyone about the record. There was no twitter or Facebook on which the zillion musicians involved communicated with others. It wasn't that big of a community though yes, people weren't too excited about Oh My God, to say the least. A lot has changed the past 10 years and I can't say it's gotten more exciting, despite the album having been released and many tours having taken place. I think if you were around at that time as well and remember the attitude people had towards GnR back then you'll kind of understand my point.

Edited by RNRS

Nah, I think 2000 Intentions was very official.

show us an official reference to it! nobody can, because there are none. it was an internet rumor! additionally, it's amateur and silly as hell, just like "cock-a-roach soup" and "zip it."

Wasn't it mentioned in either Rolling Stone or Spin or something? Somewhere back in 1998/1999? It was all rumored back then, but from a variation of sources. Don't know the original one.

I always thought 2000 Intentions was just something the fans called it because the album was due for 2000. Kind of like how Checkmate is really Jackie Chan but the original person who leaked it said it kind of like "what now? checkmate!" to the GNR camp.