Dizzy Reed: 'This is the real Guns N' Roses'

Guest NGOG

I don't really know what to say that I haven't said before. But, come on, guys... it's obvious, Axl fucked up this band. Look at all the musicians who simply gave up on GNR. I know it's easy to point fingers. In this case, indeed, is really easy. It's Axl's fault. Slash was an asshole, Duff maybe.... Axl went crazy-dictator mode and ended GNR in the beginning of the 90s.

Call Slash whatever you want, but he's done with GNR and Axl. Same for Duff, Matt and hell, even, Adler, from his last interviews. Axl is the only one living in the past. AND YOU KNOW IT. Fuck. How can you be so blind thinking that this version of Guns is what Axl always wanted? Fuck man, fuck!

Axl is the only cancer regarding GNR. I don't care about Slash, my favorite guitar players are Robin and Bucket. Call me hater, cupcake, or whatever the fuck you want. I'm happy I'm not blind. I'm a better fan than lolcano and brainfart. Reunion, New album..... any of those would get me back on board. But Axl is one of the worst professionals I've seen in my life and he destroyed his carreer. You gotta be stupid to disagree with this statement.

Dizzy is pathetic. Tommy is pathetic. Richard.... Well. People interested in releasing music with Axl are all gone. Another fact.

By the way, I'm still waiting to see how Team Brazil is making things move forward. And don't come telling me Vegas Nostalgia tours is progress.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dizzy is only there to play Axl's parts during the songs. And only because Axl didn't want to be stuck behind a piano all the time during his Elton John phase. He's a hired backing musician.

Dizzy is a better pianist than Axl. So it's more than Dizzy just playing sheet music from Axl. He actually helps write the piano parts.

Slash and Duff signed over their rights to keep Axl happy. They probably trusted Axl because they were friends and bandmates. Besides, GNR without Axl would be dead in the water. At the time they didn't realize what a nutjob Axl was. After Axl left GNR and took the name they sued Axl multiple times. Just because Axl was legally in the clear doesn't absolve him from being a shady scumbag.

Slash and Duff were fucked up on drugs, yet they mostly showed up on time, didn't throw tantrums and start riots, played their parts correctly, recorded music, did interviews etc. Same can't be said for Axl.

Axl never invited Slash to record for CD. He thought about it and told Canter, but Axl never talked to Slash. Axl has rebuffed any attempted contact from Slash - most notably the 2001 Vegas concert and Slash's visit to Axl's house.

Slash may have disliked playing with Izzy, but Izzy contributed to Contraband and played on Slash's solo album. Izzy has not contributed to any released fake GNR albums. In the late 90s Izzy jammed with Duff after Slash left, but Axl demanded Izzy sign over all rights to the songs and Izzy refused. Slash jammed with Izzy without any legal BS.

Also I think it's funny you link to a Canter interview when Axl totally cut off Canter, but Canter is still friends with Slash. Also in the interview Canter says Slash was a terminator and would do anything in the name of GNR. He also says that Izzy quit because he was scared of being sued for a riot. Who caused those riots? A certain W.A.R.

Ah what was I thinking ... Slash is your hero ... he is the good guy ... Axl is the bad guy! LMAO

Signing over the name to make Axl happy? Even dumber!

You can't force people to sign a contract because it makes the contract void in the court of law. You can't lie or manipulate people to sign a contract because it would make the contract void in the court of law.

Slash/Duff willing signed the papers because they were too dumb to know the consequences and didn't care at point in time.

Slash and Duff almost died from their addictions! Had they died when they almost did die, if Axl did not have full rights to the GnR name, Perla would be in control of GnR right now.

What are you reading? Marc did indeed say Axl reached out to Slash to come do some songs on CD. Why would Marc say this if he didn't believe it? Has Slash denied this yet? Not that I've heard of.

Axl rebutting Slash? Well duh, Slash quit GnR, blamed everything on Axl, talked smack about Axl, and then refused to come back to GnR when Axl asked him to. Why would Axl want Slash back after all that?

Izzy quit VR because they (Slash, Duff, Matt) wouldn't let him be the singer, ie. the creative director of the band

Izzy jammed with Slash without any legal BS? If Slash used any Izzy contributed songs and did not pay Izzy for it ... there would be a lot of legal BS from Izzy! That is what Axl protects himself from ... lawsuits! Doing contracts is the only way to protect yourself. And remember, Izzy did quit the band. Maybe Izzy is trying to advantage of Duff for some royalty money ... who knows! You don't know people's evil intentions before its too late.

You didn't read the Canter interview too good huh? You missed how Canter said Slash doesn't even talk to him anymore, but Axl does and Axl sends him gifts. He said that he is closer to Axl eventhough Slash was his childhood best friend. Axl was the only one supporting his book. Slash didn't even care! Axl is upset with him right now for releasing the book before Axl could release CD. Axl wanted Marc to release the book after CD was released. But Marc is confident Axl and him will be able to patch this up because Marc had no control over the release date of his book (the publisher did).

Lastly, please link to sources for your so call claims. Otherwise, it's all BS! LOL

Perla was already married to Slash when he was badly hooked up on drugs and on the verge of dying and Axl made hom sign over the right?

Didn't they get married later than that? I stand corrected btw.

Your not too bright are you? If Slash dies, everything he owns goes to his estate - who ever that may be at the time or who he assigned in his will.

If Slash had not signed those papers, and died in 2001/2002 like the doctors told him he was going to, Perla would have gotten rights to the GnR name. Slash legally married Perl in 2001.

But I'm sure already you knew that Slash was married to Renée Suran between October 10, 1992 and late 1997. The UYI tour did not end until July 1993.

I guess I stand corrected than! LMAO

Edited by gnrfan2007

Dizzy is only there to play Axl's parts during the songs. And only because Axl didn't want to be stuck behind a piano all the time during his Elton John phase. He's a hired backing musician.

Dizzy is a better pianist than Axl. So it's more than Dizzy just playing sheet music from Axl. He actually helps write the piano parts.

Slash and Duff signed over their rights to keep Axl happy. They probably trusted Axl because they were friends and bandmates. Besides, GNR without Axl would be dead in the water. At the time they didn't realize what a nutjob Axl was. After Axl left GNR and took the name they sued Axl multiple times. Just because Axl was legally in the clear doesn't absolve him from being a shady scumbag.

Slash and Duff were fucked up on drugs, yet they mostly showed up on time, didn't throw tantrums and start riots, played their parts correctly, recorded music, did interviews etc. Same can't be said for Axl.

Axl never invited Slash to record for CD. He thought about it and told Canter, but Axl never talked to Slash. Axl has rebuffed any attempted contact from Slash - most notably the 2001 Vegas concert and Slash's visit to Axl's house.

Slash may have disliked playing with Izzy, but Izzy contributed to Contraband and played on Slash's solo album. Izzy has not contributed to any released fake GNR albums. In the late 90s Izzy jammed with Duff after Slash left, but Axl demanded Izzy sign over all rights to the songs and Izzy refused. Slash jammed with Izzy without any legal BS.

Also I think it's funny you link to a Canter interview when Axl totally cut off Canter, but Canter is still friends with Slash. Also in the interview Canter says Slash was a terminator and would do anything in the name of GNR. He also says that Izzy quit because he was scared of being sued for a riot. Who caused those riots? A certain W.A.R.

Ah what was I thinking ... Slash is your hero ... he is the good guy ... Axl is the bad guy! LMAO

You can't force people to sign a contract because it makes the contract void in the court of law. You can't lie or manipulate people to sign a contract because it would make the contract void in the court of law.

Slash/Duff willing signed the papers because they were too dumb to know the consequences and didn't care at point in time.

Slash and Duff almost died from their addictions! Had they died when they almost did die, if Axl did not have full rights to the GnR name, Perla would be in control of GnR right now.

What are you reading? Marc did indeed say Axl reached out to Slash to come do some songs on CD. Why would Marc say this if he didn't believe it? Has Slash denied this yet? Not that I've heard of.

Axl rebutting Slash? Well duh, Slash quit GnR, blamed everything on Axl, talked smack about Axl, and then refused to come back to GnR when Axl asked him to. Why would Axl want Slash back after all that?

Izzy quit VR because they (Slash, Duff, Matt) wouldn't let him be the singer, ie. the creative director of the band

Izzy jammed with Slash without any legal BS? If Slash used any Izzy contributed songs and did not pay Izzy for it ... there would be a lot of legal BS from Izzy! That is what Axl protects himself from ... lawsuits! Doing contracts is the only way to protect yourself. And remember, Izzy did quit the band. Maybe Izzy is trying to advantage of Duff for some royalty money ... who knows! You don't know people's evil intentions before its too late.

You didn't read the Canter interview too good huh? You missed how Canter said Slash doesn't even talk to him anymore, but Axl does and Axl sends him gifts. He said that he is closer to Axl eventhough Slash was his childhood best friend. Axl was the only one supporting his book. Slash didn't even care! Axl is upset with him right now for releasing the book before Axl could release CD. Axl wanted Marc to release the book after CD was released. But Marc is confident Axl and him will be able to patch this up because Marc had no control over the release date of his book (the publisher did).

Lastly, please link to sources for your so call claims. Otherwise, it's all BS! LOL

Perla was already married to Slash when he was badly hooked up on drugs and on the verge of dying and Axl made hom sign over the right?

Your not too bright are you? If Slash dies, everything he owns goes to his estate - who ever that may be at the time or who he assigned in his will.

If Slash had not signed those papers, and died in 2001/2002 like the doctors told him he was going to, Perla would have gotten rights to the GnR name. Slash legally married Perl in 2001.

But I'm sure already you knew that Slash was married to Renée Suran between October 10, 1992 and late 1997. The UYI tour did not end until July 1993.

I gues I stand corrected than! LMAO

If Slash had died, I would have no problem with Axl using the GNR name. Alice in Chains went on after Layne passed, made a really good album, toured and performed really well, got the blessing of Layne's mom, and pay a lot respect to Layne.

Axl is an arrogant shithead that tries to bury the past members, but he continues to make money off their music because he is a ghost of his former self, and he is creatively dead.

Axl is greedy and lazy. Axl lowered Izzy's tour earnings before Izzy quit. Axl left GNR and then offered Slash and Duff a chance to be employees (less money and power.) Axl used Bucket, took a shit on him in a press release, then paid him a pittance in royalties from CD. Axl doesn't care about anyone but himself. That's why he hires people like Dizzy that depend on him and will be happy with a tiny salary. By the way, did Dizzy ever find a roommate for his apartment? LMAO

Edited by powerwave

I guess I stand corrected than! LMAO

Yeah I hope to one day be as bright as you he he. Btw thanks for the explanation I appreciate it and this is not sarcasm. Honest.

It's funny how Axl's crazy attracts other crazies.

This. Us folk that primarily support Slash do it for a reason. He was right when he left and what Axl did/Slash accused him of, he continues to do to this day.

Let's assume you are right (you're not but let's pretend).

Slash quits GnR because Axl is evil.

Slash is on the right side you say, right?

Then why did Slash talk smack about Axl in various interviews through the years?

Why did Slash try to attend the 2000 Vegas show?

Why did Slash show up at Axl's house all drunk with Perla wanting his old job back ... while still in VR with Scott Weiland?

Why did Slash continue to talk about Chinese Democracy in interviews like he had the inside scoop?

And why did Slash refuse to help Axl with 4 songs on CD?

How come all the musicians who have come and gone from the CD era lineup never talk smack about Axl? In fact, they all say great things about Axl.

Even the guy that used Axl to get record deal and then ups and leaves - Buckethead - says nothing when asked about GnR (ie. no comment). Perhaps because Axl bent over backwards to build him a chicken coup and got him a record deal? If not, perhaps he has some professionalism to not talk smack about former band members?

On top all this, if Slash is the good guy, how come he had so many issues in VR?

Here's is what Slash says in regards to VR:

I always support whatever group I’m playing with – I’ll never say anything bad about them while I’m in it. But FAWKIN Velvet Revolver – that was the toughest five years, dealing with that band, just because of the obvious [Weiland] and really, really bad management. Joke management for the entire time.

“For some reason in that entire five years I could never be happy. I could never get comfortable and happy with it because it was such a fucking mess. That last tour in the UK was the first time I ever had any fun in that band – because I knew that Scott was leaving and it was a huge relief.

“But, all things considered, Scott to me is now like George Bush – y’know, I like him now that he’s not here. I have nothing bad to say about Scott, but he doesn’t work well with others in a group situation. So towards the end I had written a bunch of music and there were a lot of restrictions because of him writing in Velvet and a lot of stuff that I wanted to do was just sort of squelched.

Y’know Slither happened and Fall To Pieces and a couple of other songs I wrote, but it didn’t have the direction that the group – especially before Scott came into it – really set off in. Especially on that last record – which I still think is a good record, but was a lot mellower than [i would have liked].

“Anyway, so I was writing a lot of material and on that last UK tour I started taping a lot of stuff and when I got home I was like, ‘I need to get away from this group situation – I just need to be in control of something and do things my own way’. So it was a relief. And we’ll see – it’s not really about trying to make the biggest record in the world, but I will support it. I’ll go out there and do what I have to do to make sure that people go out there and listen to it cos I think it’s a cool record.”

Source: http://www.classicro...¦â€/

Wow! Sounds similar to GnR, don't it? This time, instead of quitting VR, he fired Scott because it was his band.

I love recording like this. During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!

See http://hem.passagen....-199311-OK.html

So really ... who are the crazies with their blind devotion???

Edited by gnrfan2007

Yeah gnrfart2007, try to put your words in Marc's mouth, say Slash, Duff and Izzy this and that, and suck Axl's dick harder. Whatever you do to defend Axl and his band, people still laugh at your ass. I'm outta here.

Why is it so wrong to help the blind find their way back to loving GnR again?

Well, if all you want to do is laugh at my bum then that is fine.

I was afraid you might want to do this to my bum instead:

I guess Dizzy got a promotion?

"This 'member' thing is quite interesting. l read in an interview where Matt said that if he didn't get made a member, he wasn't going to be in Guns N' Roses. The truth of the matter is, Matt's a member of GNR, but it doesn't really mean anything. It's kind of like a clubhouse/gang thing. We're all members of this gang. What it boils down to is, whose yard is the tree house in? Matt's a member of GNR, and his opinions are taken into consideration. As far as that's concerned, Gilby is a member too. Dizzy is a member of the band. With all of the background singers, horn players, keyboardists -- we look at if like we're all Guns N' Roses. But the bottom line is, the business is basically run by Slash and myself. Then we run whatever it is we're discussing by Duff and see if he's cool with it." Axl, Rip Magazine, 1992

How can the current line up be classed as the Real Guns N'Roses, when the latest hired-hand-lead-guitarist has yet to record and release any Guns N'Roses material?

It's laugh-able, At best, all Dizzy can be classed as, is the original hired-hand - lol!

You nailed it

How can the current line up be classed as the Real Guns N'Roses, when the latest hired-hand-lead-guitarist has yet to record and release any Guns N'Roses material?

It's laugh-able, At best, all Dizzy can be classed as, is the original hired-hand - lol!

You nailed it

Ashba, and to a lesser degree Bumblefoot and Frank, are cover artists, twice removed. When they play old band stuff they are covering, when they play Democracy material they are covering.

I guess Dizzy got a promotion?

"This 'member' thing is quite interesting. l read in an interview where Matt said that if he didn't get made a member, he wasn't going to be in Guns N' Roses. The truth of the matter is, Matt's a member of GNR, but it doesn't really mean anything. It's kind of like a clubhouse/gang thing. We're all members of this gang. What it boils down to is, whose yard is the tree house in? Matt's a member of GNR, and his opinions are taken into consideration. As far as that's concerned, Gilby is a member too. Dizzy is a member of the band. With all of the background singers, horn players, keyboardists -- we look at if like we're all Guns N' Roses. But the bottom line is, the business is basically run by Slash and myself. Then we run whatever it is we're discussing by Duff and see if he's cool with it." Axl, Rip Magazine, 1992

Nah, I doubt Axl gave Dizzy a cut of the action like a real partner would get..besides go read the lawsuit with Azoff and it clearly sates Axl owns the whole ball of wax and the others are nothing but paid employees who can be fired at will.......

i dont think he would play with them if he was againgst it. But maybe its the only way to hangout with axl.

If he doesnt care why is he on bad terms with axl just cos he didnt go to the hall of hof.

I don't know why he may be pissed at Axl. Maybe he isn't and Axl is just pissed at him? It's anybody's guess.

I can't say I would blame him for being pissed at Axl over the hof, though. A great honor became just another circus of pissing and moaning.

a great honor?

i dont think he would play with them if he was againgst it. But maybe its the only way to hangout with axl.

If he doesnt care why is he on bad terms with axl just cos he didnt go to the hall of hof.

I don't know why he may be pissed at Axl. Maybe he isn't and Axl is just pissed at him? It's anybody's guess.

I can't say I would blame him for being pissed at Axl over the hof, though. A great honor became just another circus of pissing and moaning.

a great honor?

You wouldn't see being inducted into the HOF as a great honor?

if you ever find yourself having to argue in the press that your band hasn't lost legitimacy, your band has lost legitimacy.

This.

a great honor?

Funny thing is, Axl supporters would be praising HOF if Axl had attended. That's how delusional they are :lol:

Dizzy is essentially right and I think it makes a lot of sense to just put it like this. Not only is it the real Guns n' Roses, it's also the ONLY Guns n' Roses. That it's not the same Guns n' Roses as it used to be is also a fact, but it is the real Guns n' Roses.

Whether people accept them as credible and/or good is a completely different story though.

Guns n'Roses was a real band with real band members that made some hugely successful real music.

Axl's version of Guns n'Roses is just a brand name for his own private "Axl & friends" show - nothing real about this being a band.

That being said for like 99% of the fans & media out there, if Slash decided to join Axl's show even as an invited guest player for touring it'd make (Axl's) Gn'R instantly legit... Axl knows it and that pisses him off like hell.

Edited by trqster

Dizzy is essentially right and I think it makes a lot of sense to just put it like this. Not only is it the real Guns n' Roses, it's also the ONLY Guns n' Roses. That it's not the same Guns n' Roses as it used to be is also a fact, but it is the real Guns n' Roses.

Whether people accept them as credible and/or good is a completely different story though.

And it is a very old, tired argument -- but if these guys are the ones who makes up Guns N Roses -- is it really that grand of a statement anymore?

The power of the GN'R name feels like more of a bunch of boys playing Guitar Hero than an epic band with a 30 year legacy.

if you ever find yourself having to argue in the press that your band hasn't lost legitimacy, your band has lost legitimacy.

This.

a great honor?

Funny thing is, Axl supporters would be praising HOF if Axl had attended. That's how delusional they are :lol:

You are 1000% correct.

There are people on this forum who actually form their opinions ONLY based on how it fits into Axl Rose.

If Axl would have attended and said what a great honor it was, then they would have been proclaiming the HOF to be the greatest event of the year. But when Axl bashes it - then they bash it.

It happens all the time on concert reviews or when celebs or other singers say something about Axl or CD.

If they say something positive, then it's "Oh, I always loved that guy."

If they say something negative, then it's "That guy is a nobody who should shut his mouth. Nobody cares what he thinks."

It is hilarious to watch. The funny thing for me is that everytime it happens, I point this out, and get called out by a couple people. They say I'm juts making that up to make Axl look bad. Even after the 18th time it happens......they still say I'm making it up!!!!!