Best / Favourite Axl vocal period

hudsonsaul

Meanwhile, was impressed with the Japan 07 clip above, might go search youtube for more. Did he get a vocal coach for this period or something? as he style/approach is certainly different from early 2000s and nowadays.

Monitor audio of that entire Tokyo 2007 show is available:

http://www.mygnrforu...otten-gnr-show/

Sweet rasp! Good vocals! Those days are long gone though. :lol:

[quote name=NicoRourke'

timestamp='1360919271' post='3348661]

2010! The UYI voice was horrible. Studio I'd say Lies.

what the fuck you said about uyi voice

His voice was shot, he had less control than 2010. Hell I saw them last year and I liked his voice as well.

Meanwhile, was impressed with the Japan 07 clip above, might go search youtube for more. Did he get a vocal coach for this period or something? as he style/approach is certainly different from early 2000s and nowadays.

Monitor audio of that entire Tokyo 2007 show is available:

http://www.mygnrforu...otten-gnr-show/

Awesome, thanks. Will crank this at work to get through the day.

2007 is an odd year, since Axl did a few shows at Mexico & Japan, and there's very little footage from it all... In 2007 Axl seemed to have gained a lot of weight in comparison to 2006 but his vocals were really great.

I was gonna say, I always thought the change from 2006 to 2010 was pretty drastic, but you can see that in 2007 he had started to gain weight, but his voice was probably even better than the year before.

I think Axl's peak vocals were between 1986 and 1987. It was the rasp in its infant form pre-damage from extensive touring, and a life of substance abuse. The voice at this point came to him totally naturally, the songs were effortless.

There were parts of 2010 were Axl really upped his game vocally - probably to the extent where he strained himself and hasn't been able to regain such quality. I was blown away by performances in Canada and in Europe.

I think Axl's peak vocals were between 1986 and 1987. It was the rasp in its infant form pre-damage from extensive touring, and a life of substance abuse. The voice at this point came to him totally naturally, the songs were effortless.

There were parts of 2010 were Axl really upped his game vocally - probably to the extent where he strained himself and hasn't been able to regain such quality. I was blown away by performances in Canada and in Europe.

Couldn't agree more (on both points). Prior to Appetite's release, Axl's voice was absolutely phenomenal. It was raw, natural, angry, beautiful, and much more.

Couldn't agree more (on both points). Prior to Appetite's release, Axl's voice was absolutely phenomenal. It was raw, natural, angry, beautiful, and much more.

Indeed - I just got blown away when I first heard this Hollywood Roses era song... Nothing will ever beat that era in terms of Axl's voice essence.