Chinese Democracy, and The Phantom Menace

Roush

Star War sequels sucked balls but Phantom Manace was the worst by far pure stinking load of shit

Quoted for truth.

So if Chinese Democracy would really be "the" Phantom Menace of GNR I'd be pretty happy, cause first it would mean we would get at least two more records and second of all I liked CD, so if the next two installments would be less worse it'd be great for me. ;)

There are definite parallels between nuGnR and the Star Wars prequels. Both George and Axl are OCD profectionists who had a huge legacy to live up to, but couldn't capture the organic substance that made their original endeavours so successful. They got lost in their own destinies. I'm not sure GN'R has or will have the same opportunity to restore the glory like Star Wars has with Disney.

My 2 cents.

ESB>ANH>ROTJ> tears

AFD>Lies>CD>UYI>TSI

TPM is the best of the prequels. I imagine CD would be the best of the trilogy if the other two ever came out.

Sometimes I really wonder about your judgement. No offence but the things you come out with astound me at times.

If you like Revenge of the Sith at all I view you as a 15 year old. No "offence".

They were all shit. The Phantom Menace being the worst. You're the first person I've seen to suggest otherwise.

They really were all terrible. Fucken unwatchable...

You people are missing one important point. The prequels, regardless of their poor quality, were succesful at the box office and were launched with the biggest promotion campaigns in cinema history. CD was unsuccessful and launched with one of the poorest promotion campaigns in musical history, i.e. literally nothing. Zilch.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Funny how The Phantom Menace is the one with the worst score on imdb. Also Jar Jar Cuntface ruins the whole movie. But Clones was shit, in a different way though. Fuck it, what does it matter. They are all uniquely shit. Thank fuck Lucas will be kept in the background for the sequels.

IMDB is frequented mainly by 16 year olds who think The Dark Knight and Inception are the best movies of all time.

The thing about "Jar Jar Cuntface" is, he's a relatively minor character who doesn't have much impact on the story. If you take him out, the movie is relatively unharmed. If you take out the stuff that makes AOTC and ROTS shit, you no longer have a movie.

Never trust any ratings from IMDB

What age were people here when TPM was released? Just curious to see if anyone who was a kid at the time rates it higher than others.

i was in 2nd grade. it was a magic time for me lol, i was ossesed with the OT (had all the toys, loved the movies and always watched them on VHS, read expanded universe... i was THAT kid lol), so i was psyched for TPM. and as another poster said, it was a great "kids" star wars and i enjoyed it because of that, plus all the hype, toys, crap that surrounded it enhances my memories. so i like TPM for nostalgia reasons. the movie itself sucks though, looking back

What age were people here when TPM was released? Just curious to see if anyone who was a kid at the time rates it higher than others.

I was 10 when Attack of the Clones came out and 13 when Revenge of the Sith came out, and they were both my favorite movies for those respective years, so let's not play the age card.

I was 10 when Attack of the Clones came out and 13 when Revenge of the Sith came out, and they were both my favorite movies for those respective years, so let's not play the age card.

Let's not be overly defensive either. I was just curious because amongst people I know there is a definite generation gap when it comes to opinions on the prequels and funnily enough I have noticed the same with GNR.

I just wanted to see if that extends to people who post here.

Let's not be overly defensive either. I was just curious because amongst people I know there is a definite generation gap when it comes to opinions on the prequels and funnily enough I have noticed the same with GNR.

Well aren't you an observant little snowflake. Old people like the music they grew up with, who knew?

Phantom Menace is Episode I right?

I remember that movie was huge! Advertisers everywhere were going apeshit about it. Everyone was eager to plaster Star Wars on anything just to make a quick buck. I remember that specifically because that's really when I started to realize and remember certain things in life. It's like my eyes were just opening.

I remember we went to Burger King and got this Polly-Pocket Anakin figurine. It was badass.

Don't remember so much attention about Chinese Democracy with the exception of Best Buy, and I don't remember seeing a lot of TV commercials or fast food promotions with it. I guess you could say the circumstances were similar but Star Wars clearly won the publicity battle.

Well aren't you an observant little snowflake. Old people like the music they grew up with, who knew?

What's with the cuntish attitude?

CD was only the most overhyped album in history. Everyone and their dog knew it was out unless you lived in North Korea. The no promotion line is a myth.

Not one music video. Not one interview (unless you regard dexter as an interview). Not one television appearance. Not one signing appearance in a record store. No live shows (they didn't tour until the following year). The band went into their nuclear bunker when Chinese dropped.