Crash Diet

axlinkafayette

Crash Diet was before UYI. I believe around the AFD era/Lies era. Might be even older. West Arkeen is on guitar. There are two versions, one has a different intro.

They're all the same version - the one linked to above is just cleaned up with the acoustic intro chopped off

No,I have 2 different versions. They are on the bootleg, The Hell Revisited. Crash Diet, and Crash Diet Alt.

It isn't a GNR song.

This.

Source?

Do you hear any other GNR members playing on the song? As I understand it, Axl sang it as a favor for West.

Ok, I see what you mean. It is still considered a GNR song though. West Arkeen did write a lot of music with GNR also.

I still think it would have been cool if they did uyi 1 as the angry red album and uyi 2 as the calmer blue album. Trade get in the ring, shotgun blues, pretty tied up, locomotive, you could be mine for don't cry, you aint the first, november rain and the garden.. replace my world with bring it back home.

Does anyone know why crash Diet wasn't included on the UYI albums?

Was there ever any statement or interview where this was discussed?

This is seriously a great song

Because Axl (or GNR) sell thesong to another band ( i don't remember tha band's name). West Arkeen co-wrote that song

(btw fucking cool song, that's why this is my nickname :awesomeface: )

It isn't a GNR song.

Yes, it is. It was later recorded by Asphalt Ballet.

Oh thanks

Btw you said you have 2 versions, i have too, but basically the same song, just a different mix

It isn't a GNR song.

This.

Source?

From the Axl chats:

Q: - What's the story behind Crash Diet and why was it never put on to a GNR album?

A: Somethin’ done with Wes and his friend and more about their guitars than Guns.

This thread again?

This song deserves it! :) Better then any song from CD!

That isn't exactly hard is it now? :awesomeface:

From that era these are two of my fav songs... Insane to think that Axl had this voice back then!

LOL crash diet SUCKS, I can't believe some people around here think any song like that would ever have a chance at being released.

Did they sell the rights to Crash Diet of did this band just cover it free of charge?

I love what Axl did with this song vocally. I wish I could combine his vocals with an instrumental of this.

Edited by jimb0