Did VH1 pull an 'Activision' on GNR?

alfierose

Add VH1 to the shit list. Big conspiracy or general perception?

Im leaning towards conspiracy

Occam's razor.

Nice try but...no

So then you have proof of a conspiracy to dismiss the logical conclusion?

Nice try but you're in another reality.

How is it totally shit of VH1?

Everything is about marketing. Don't expect a business to choose a less marketable product out of compassion if there is a loophole or complete oversight that allows them to choose the more marketable product.

More viewers want to see the real GNR. Not as many care about nu. No conspiracy. No backstabbing. It's just how it is.

So Viacom made the call to edit an already edited show even further? Most people didn't care. They should be happy VH1 plays any music.

GNR knew the show was going to be a 90 minute concert, and it's "Palladia Presents". I had no idea they were doing concerts once a week on the channel. Now I know.

Having the concert on Palladia's good, because at least they'll just keep showing the concert, even if it was a 5 hour show, they'd still air it.

I

I don't know what the issue is... but it's frustrating that anything Axl is involved with seems so complicated. I love Axl as a singer and think he was the most talented element in a band overflowing with talent... when you consider Izzy, Slash and Duff... but he does make it difficult to have faith in the fact that he'll ever be able to move forward commercially as a musician.

Hasn't Axl already moved forward with CD?

Edited by ashbalove

So Viacom made the call to edit an already edited show even further? Most people didn't care. They should be happy VH1 plays any music.

GNR knew the show was going to be a 90 minute concert, and it's "Palladia Presents". I had no idea they were doing concerts once a week on the channel. Now I know.

Having the concert on Palladia's good, because at least they'll just keep showing the concert, even if it was a 5 hour show, they'd still air it.

I

It was taken off Palladia's schedule too. First it was delayed, now it's just removed.

So that's that.

Is this the most likely scenario? Did Axl and management believe they would be showing plenty of new era stuff and were somehow duped into agreeing to a 5hr nostalgia fest?

Or have Slash n Duff got involved as the other two stakeholders in old guns material? Might they have had objections?

Any thoughts? Are we going to see a new lawsuit being launched soon?

If old guns are pissed, then they shouldn't have quit the band in the first place.

Is this the most likely scenario? Did Axl and management believe they would be showing plenty of new era stuff and were somehow duped into agreeing to a 5hr nostalgia fest?

Or have Slash n Duff got involved as the other two stakeholders in old guns material? Might they have had objections?

Any thoughts? Are we going to see a new lawsuit being launched soon?

If old guns are pissed, then they shouldn't have quit the band in the first place.

They didn't sell their writing credits.

The leaked vids showed lots of CD stuff. Apparently the VH1 airing only had 1 song from CD. Makes me wonder if cutting those songs was the "contract issue" mentioned.

Was there a big difference between the leaks and the final version?

Yes, the VH1 was just a few songs. Only one CD song, CD.

I meant was there a difference in editing? Was the mix the same?

Axl has got to be the biggest hypocrite around. Hates everything about the old band, then goes playing their tunes every night. If he is not a hypocrite then he is totally crazy.

It really is one or the other at this point. Impossible to explain otherwise.

Axl has got to be the biggest hypocrite around. Hates everything about the old band, then goes playing their tunes every night. If he is not a hypocrite then he is totally crazy.

Actually you're the biggest hypocrite around for coming to this section of the forum.

Axl never said he hates anything about the old band. He has personal issues with certain members and it seems like that's one person now, Slash. Anytime Axl has mentioned the old band members he says he has no intentions of trying to take away the accomplishments of the former members.