Did VH1 pull an 'Activision' on GNR?

alfierose

Is this the most likely scenario? Did Axl and management believe they would be showing plenty of new era stuff and were somehow duped into agreeing to a 5hr nostalgia fest?

Or have Slash n Duff got involved as the other two stakeholders in old guns material? Might they have had objections?

Any thoughts? Are we going to see a new lawsuit being launched soon?

Wasn't there suppose to be an hour long block of videos(Old Guns) then the live show?Could you blame the Old Guns getting a little upset?I mean it would be old Guns vids leading up to the live show of NuGuns.Now we know that there's no way in hell that Axl would allow an hour long block Old Guns vids leading up to something promoting the new works of Slash,Duff etc.So why not block it?I mean if it was them that had it stopped,I can see their point.

Or have Slash n Duff got involved as the other two stakeholders in old guns material? Might they have had objections?

Doubtful it had anything to do with them.

If you remember back in 2010 when Slash did the MTV Classic Launch concert in Australia that aired a bunch he played a bunch of old Guns songs without issue.

VH1 Classic has also shown some of Slash's 2012 Download set and that included old Guns songs.

Lord knows if Axl had a way of pulling Slash off the air playing old Guns material he absolutely would have. That must mean there is no issue with any of them doing it.

If you remember back in 2010 when Slash did the MTV Classic Launch concert in Australia that aired a bunch he played a bunch of old Guns songs without issue.

VH1 Classic has also shown some of Slash's 2012 Download set and that included old Guns songs.

Lord knows if Axl had a way of pulling Slash off the air playing old Guns material he absolutely would have. That must mean there is no issue with any of them doing it.

I think live material is different though, sure I have read before that the old videos etc.. have to be agreed by all three parties before licencing. Might be wrong though.

I think live material is different though, sure I have read before that the old videos etc.. have to be agreed by all three parties before licencing. Might be wrong though.

I doubt highly they pulled the entire concert over showing some music videos before hand, which they do almost all the time anyway. There is no embargo against VH1 classic showing GNR videos, which I have seen just flipping through channels when they have a video block going on.

I doubt highly they pulled the entire concert over showing some music videos before hand, which they do almost all the time anyway. There is no embargo against VH1 classic showing GNR videos, which I have seen just flipping through channels when they have a video block going on.

Fair enough. I don't have VH1 so I don't know what they play. I guess the contractual issues might be due to their editing of the live footage then.

I doubt it has anything to do with the playing of music videos. I do not know what the legalities of it are but music channels seem to possess the power to cobble together any sort of clips collection, anytime they want. It may, have to do with the editing out of all but one of the CD songs from the live show. But then, Axl himself doesn't seem to give a shit about being known as a solely nostalgia singer these days (Vegas) so who knows? Perhaps it is just mundane technical stuff: ''Guns contracted to recieve 60% of the money blah blah. VH1 want less blah blah blah''

Unlikely the videos IMHO- especially since Axl/Guns have many (if not all) of the "classic" videos available on gunsnroses.com. Meanwhile playing the "classic" videos is only likely to shift more units of AFD, GH & UYI- so I would imagine Slash and Duff would have no objection...

My guess would be the editing/song selection- or something else buried in the contract somewhere that we would be unlikely to piece together from the outside...

The final scene of Axl's life begins when he discovers a legal strategy that will allow him to sue his past self.

Ohh the irony... we can build an aircraft carrier with that joke.

If this were a hundred years ago. We use aluminum alloys these days. Your come back sank like the Titanic. Oh the irony.

The final scene of Axl's life begins when he discovers a legal strategy that will allow him to sue his past self.

If this were a hundred years ago. We use aluminum alloys these days. Your come back sank like the Titanic. Oh the irony.

I see... you don't know what buoyancy is.

The leaked vids showed lots of CD stuff. Apparently the VH1 airing only had 1 song from CD. Makes me wonder if cutting those songs was the "contract issue" mentioned.

Was there a big difference between the leaks and the final version?

The leaked vids showed lots of CD stuff. Apparently the VH1 airing only had 1 song from CD. Makes me wonder if cutting those songs was the "contract issue" mentioned.

Was there a big difference between the leaks and the final version?

Yes, the VH1 was just a few songs. Only one CD song, CD.

why would vh1 classic show chinese democracy songs? it's not a classic and it's not what viewers would be tuning in for. except for about 30 weirdo superfans online, that is. you guys seem continually shocked and disillusioned by the same painfully obvious truth... nobody cares about nugnr.

axl should have been grateful they agreed to play even one song from chinese democracy. it could have been good promotion for the album. i don't think vh1 classic would have let any other classic bands play more than one token new song if they're going to air a big expensive concert like that.

I don't know what the issue is... but it's frustrating that anything Axl is involved with seems so complicated. I love Axl as a singer and think he was the most talented element in a band overflowing with talent... when you consider Izzy, Slash and Duff... but he does make it difficult to have faith in the fact that he'll ever be able to move forward commercially as a musician.

I see... you don't know what buoyancy is.

What does that have to do with what I said? lol

Some how anything that Axl has anyting to do with gets fucked up. I don't know who or what the problem is but it always happens. We do all know that it was not Axl's fault because he never does anything wrong. :rolleyes:

They pulled an Azoff:

@GunsNRosesNews
VH1 included one damn song from @gunsnroses most recent album in their edited version of Live @ the O2.

@GunsNRosesNews
So in a nutshell VH1 edited @gunsnroses performance to old hits & then created a three hour 'special' of former members. Unacceptable.