The Thank You GNR Thread.

Russel Nash

I don't disagree, it's just I don't see Axl as all powerful in this situation. There's never been a point where a record would open the gates to some hidden treasure which could bank roll success. It's like winning the pot, then the next hand you get is shitty, do you go all in knowing you have a losing hand?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe one day when they read this, all of you that try so hard to suck up to the band for peanut. will receive a pat on the head or something. Maybe they will offer you an exclusive fan club membership for a fee as a reward.

The Axl worshippers are the angriest and most negative people on this forum. Notice how they immediately go on the attack with insults and personal attacks if somebody isn't praising Axl's every move?

Really? I thought it was the other way around. Slash fans and anti new gnr fans are by far the worst. They criticise every little thing the new band does and refuse to move on just because Slash isn't there.

This.

I love how when the London show leaked everything was positive for 1 night and how most people though it sounded good. Then the next day it was well... after a second listen Axl sounded horrible, Axl's fat etc...

Nothing this band can do will make the haters happy. If Axl came out 100 pounds with his white shorts on, red bandana and a fucking shitload of "rasp" they would still find a reason to bitch. If he came out with Slash it would be ya see Axl sucks and needed to run back to Slash. I really cant underatand why they come here.

And that is where you are 99% wrong. You and a couple other of the worshippers are sooooo wrapped up in battling anybody that says something negative about Axl and the band that you lose sight that the majority of us on here are huge Axl Rose fans.

I think the question you should ask yourself is what would YOU bitch and whine about if Axl ran GnR in a smooth fashion and there wasn't any complaining in the forum?

The things you listed are NOT happening - and that is why people gripe about it.

If Axl came out, in shape and sounded great........if the band put out new music and Axl did a few interviews...........music videos actually got released...........if crap like VH1, Activision, RnR, Rio, MTV awardshow, fashion show, wedding, baseball cards, etc didn't happen, then noboyd would be here complaining.

That's what you and the other worshippers don't realize.

The majority of the people you call haters actually would LOVE it if Axl was a success now. In fact, they wish/want/hope for it more than you do. When Axl fails, it is frustrating to them as a diehard fan. But to worshippers like you, when Axl fails, you won't admit it and spin it to be a success and an excuse to personally insult the "haters."

Worshipping and praising Axl's every move doesn't make you a bigger fan. It makes you an ass kisser. Whis is fine and totally your choice. But don't complain about people that don't fall into the same boat as you and who aren't blind sheep following Axl's every move. There are two other forums where people aren't allowed to say anything negative about Axl. Why not post at one of them?

First of all I am not a worshiper of anyone. I have a life. I am a fan of Guns n Roses. So I read and post in this forum. I left HTGTH and came here because I wanted to read uncensored news and rumors as well as find out about any new leaks that may come out. Not to have the freedom to insult people and be in constant fights. Its so stupid. We would all like to see certain things that you pointed out happen but they're not going to. No amount of bitching on here is going to get you those videos you want to see, songs you want to hear or reunions you want to happen. Axl may be fatter the next time we see him. He may have less hair. He may sing with even less rasp. Bumblefoot may keep talking about his hot sauce and DJ Ashba may start calling himself Slash. I'd still go see a show. I still want to read Dizzy's interviews telling us about the new album. I still want to see the youtube videos and download any leaks that come out. It's time to accept things the way they are or not. The opinions of mygnr sure isnt going to influence GnR and the GnR you like is probably gone for good. You can also say Axl should retire all ya want but it aint gonna happen because you say it should. GnR is like a girl that's never gonna fuck you. Dont Cry, about it. Fuck another girl. Edited by tr420

All artists fuck up on stage, not just Axl, hes not perfect.He performs for 3 hours a nite for how many years.

The label has alot to do with delays, I would also say some fault also lies with Axl.

Many things listed are trivial, baseball cards,, errors in cd booklet.

Many of the issues listed are about live shows. They've played hundreds of them over the past few years, festivals, private benefits. Mistakes happen, its a huge production theyre putting on. They've done an overall superb job considering the legendary music and musicians they're replacing.

Yeah. Wow. Thank you so much for blessing your loyal fans with one fucking mediocre live show as your first release in 5 years and your second release in 19 years. We shall now forever bask in your glory oh great Axl Rose. For your bounty is plentiful and we are not worthy.

Thank you so very fucking much.

Edited by username

Axl diehards are really the freakiest people ever. So by Axlite logic, if you do not like to see Axl's voice declining, touring the hits in vegas like a washed-up cheese artist - if you would prefer Axl, releasing creative albums and playing those albums live - you are a 'trolling hater'' with ''self hate'' issues?

The point is, that some of these 'haters' actually want Axl to be better than he currently is. They feel, there is a lot of wasted talent there, wasted musical potential. To want something to be better is not about 'hate' - if anything, it is the opposite. A 'true' fan of something will not blindly suck dick (like volcano). A true fan will judge each decision taken by that band - music, concert, interview etc - on its own merit. It is a 'poor' fan who will blindly accept everything, as it shows you have no musical expectations or taste.

Jesus... we already had to take with the Axl mickey mouse worshipers, now we have to take with the team Brazil worshipers too? :max: Next thing we'll have a Dijon Fanclub...

Axl toured around the World, his thank you is the money he got from us... that's enough of a thank you to me, considering he didn't put anything out as far as a record or a singles is concerned.

Edited by AndreCC

So why did you say he didn't put anything out, when in fact, he had put something out?

I meant a new album or a new single. To me touring is touring, not putting something out.

But hey i thanked Axl for the shows... it's better than being on silence mode for like 5 years.

Edited by AndreCC

So why did you say he didn't put anything out, when in fact, he had put something out?

I meant a new album or a new single. To me touring is touring, not putting something out.

But hey i thanked Axl for the shows... it's better than being on silence mode for like 5 years.

He had put out a new album and then eventually went on tour for it. So if he was hitting markets for the first time since the album was released, why did you say he didn't put out an album?

He toured around the World various times in the last 10 years over that album, whether he would change the name of the tour or not. It's only natural that people who have gone to those shows multiple times are tired of having the same songs being played all the time.

Not that he didn't play one or two songs that he hadn't played before (scraped, Shacklers, Sorry) this time, but if you listen to CD, and this is my opinion, at least Sorry and Scraped are fillers to me, as for Shackler's Revenge, it's another song i don't like, but i'll give it ago, since it appeared on a video game, so it had some kind of promotion.

Just because there's people somewhere in 2 or 3 countries that haven't seen this band, doesn't mean the other fans have to like that and have to support the fact that Axl doesn't put any "post - Chinese Democracy" new songs.

I don't feel Axl owes me anything, but i have to say it's pretty boring to me.

No offense to those countries, but hey i haven't seen Van Halen, Motley Crue or Kid Rock, and their 3 of my favorite too.

It's not even about accepting this new band... hell if i didn't "accept" them i wouldn't be here, it's more like... Axl has created this new band, but in my opinion he seems to have gone to this career ending route of puting an album out every 6 years, touring, touring and touring. To me that would make sense if he was still with the old band, because they're more than established (to the point there's still a lot of casual people who don't know about the new band).

To me it doesn't make sense to do that kind of program on a new band that still needs exposure, still needs to be built, still needs to produce something in the studio etc...but that's just me...

Edited by AndreCC

Did you like how long it took to release CD? Yes.

Then you are officially retarded and your long ass post and constant random nonsense posting (for ex. BBF cat died. wasted: I hope he goes to the Cuban Skies etc.) worth nothing. Constant gibberish nonsense

i hope you get a ban

Maybe one day when they read this, all of you that try so hard to suck up to the band for peanuts will receive a pat on the head or something. Maybe they will offer you an exclusive fan club membership for a fee as a reward.

The Axl worshippers are the angriest and most negative people on this forum. Notice how they immediately go on the attack with insults and personal attacks if somebody isn't praising Axl's every move?

Really? I thought it was the other way around. Slash fans and anti new gnr fans are by far the worst. They criticise every little thing the new band does and refuse to move on just because Slash isn't there.

You sort of hit the nail on the head there - with a few obvious falsehoods.

First - you don't see the difference? One group is voicing their opinion about GnR. This is a GNR forum. It is an open forum where people are allowed to discuss all aspects of GnR. It isn't a forum like HTGTH where people aren't allowed to have an opinion. YOUR group attacks other posters. Which is against the forum rules.

Do you not see the difference? One group says something negative about the band in which the forum is dedicated to. The other group is insulting other posters. Which is worse? One group is talking about GnR while one group is just insulting other posters. Go back and look at these threads and see who does the most personal attacks on other forum members. The results aren't even close.

The majority of the group you are talking about are actually big Axl and GnR fans that are just unhappy and frustrated with all the crap that Axl has done to the band.

If Axl put out music and ran this band like every other band in the world, then 90% of the criticism on this forum would dissapear. But instead, every time something positive starts to happen, this band shoots themselves in the foot.

Did you like the music videos from the album?

Did you like all the media Axl did to promote the album?

Did you like the Harley Davidson commerical?

Did you like the Wedding and private show for the fashion designer?

Did you like how he handled the RNR HOF and all the positive buzz it brought the band?

Did you like him suing activision? Did that create a lot of positivity for ya?

Did you like that the CD booklet had errors in it?

Did you like how long it took to release CD?

Did you like the late show times?

Did you like the show that got the power pulled?

Do you like the GnR baseball cards - did you get the whole set? The Bobby Brown and Winger cards?

Did you like the positive buzz from the VH1 show getting turned into another GnR joke?

Did you like the Rio performance? The one where he forgot lyrics and screwed up lyrics?

Did you like the MTV awards show performance?

Did you like the Bridge charity performance?

Do you enjoy band members not having any idea what is going on with their own band? Think about that.

Do you like not knowing anything about your favorite band? When is the next album coming out?

How many more things do I need to list?

Most of the people on here aren't mad because Slash isn't in the band. I don't even listen to the majority of his work post-GnR. I thought VR was boring as could be. You are taking 3-4 members and trying to associate ALL non-worshippers into their group and it simply isn't true.

Release music, do a few interviews, show up for shows prepared and ready to go...........and almost all the negativity goes away.

Grogan hit's the nail on the head.

Again.

Very well said!

Andre -
I find there to be many logical flaws in your post, which I will be happy to list for you here.
1. Comparing shows from ten years ago that previewed a handful of unfinished songs the band was working on to shows played after the release of the album with 7-12 finished songs from the record is a terrible comparison.
2. Nobody is forced to go to shows and is free to stay home if they're tired of going to shows.
3. You complain that the band didn't release a new record even though they actually did. So then, you complain that they didn't play your favorite songs, as if that means it doesn't count. Completely ridiculous.
4. The 2011/2012 tour was the first US tour since the release of the album. Many other markets were hit for the first time since the release of the album in 2011 and 2012. Not just 2 or 3 countries as you suggest.
5. If you're bored . . . LEAVE.

I admire your patience with Andre, but he is the worst kind of dumbass. The one that doesn't know he is in fact, a dumbass.

Andre -
I find there to be many logical flaws in your post, which I will be happy to list for you here.
1. Comparing shows from ten years ago that previewed a handful of unfinished songs the band was working on to shows played after the release of the album with 7-12 finished songs from the record is a terrible comparison.
2. Nobody is forced to go to shows and is free to stay home if they're tired of going to shows.
3. You complain that the band didn't release a new record even though they actually did. So then, you complain that they didn't play your favorite songs, as if that means it doesn't count. Completely ridiculous.
4. The 2011/2012 tour was the first US tour since the release of the album. Many other markets were hit for the first time since the release of the album in 2011 and 2012. Not just 2 or 3 countries as you suggest.

No, your analogy is wrong.

I complain about a release of only one album in the last 15-20 years. Between that time i and other fans would expect at least 3 albums. That doesn't mean we demand 3 albums, but that's what we would normally expect. I'll accept if you have a different opinion, but this is mine.

Since Axl and various other members of the current band and some of the members, Brain, Robin, also some producers that worked with Axl, confirmed that there was a ton of material recorded during those years that hasn't yet been released, that means they could in fact fulfill those expectations if they wanted. I'm sure it would at least be worth 2 albums...Chinese Democracy and another one.

Be aware that i'm not demanding that they do fullfill the fans expectations at all, but in my opinion, they should have released more albums by now, and i'm pretty sure there's plenty of people who agree with me.

So if there's material recorded, i think it wouldn't be as hard to release it, as going through the process of making a totally fresh new album from scratch.

In my opinion, the band could have done much more then what they're doing. I'm not saying they have to do it, or demanding, but they could have done much more in all these years.

"2. Nobody is forced to go to shows and is free to stay home if they're tired of going to shows. " -

I don't think you have a point there. It's not a matter of being tired of the shows... i would still go see them if they come to Portugal. It's a matter of feeling they could do much more, but they won't...to me it seems more like a matter of Axl being stubborn than anything else... you had the opportunity to see that when Bumblefoot started to play Oh My God on the O2 show, and Axl immediately stopped him. I'm not even asking for a studio track... a "new song" played live would be enough.

I might be bored with the status of the band but i enjoy discussing it, so i WON'T leave. I'm as much bored as thousands of fans are. I'm enjoying myself. I like discussing the band, even if they were on a hiatus. I come here at work hours. It's good to discuss GNR and seeing interesting different opinions, even if i don't agree with them. It helps to pass the time at work, and it's fun. I don't see anything wrong with that.

You do realize that some of those tours were in support of Chinese Democracy. You do realize that what failed wasn't really the tours, but the delay that the album had over and over again. Of course since the band has actually released a Greatest Hits album, and has many hits, you will always be tempted to say that it was only a greatest hits tour, but in reality that's not what it was at all, and you know it too. The release of the cd simply failed then...

Edited by AndreCC

Just like MSL has promised to do time and time again. If only he'd keep his word for once.

What's wrong with MSL posts?

What's wrong with anyone's posts??

If someone has a different opinion than you and disagrees with your constant kissing Axl's ass threads, why not express it? it's what forums are for... just swallow it, like everyone else does with your threads...

Just like MSL has promised to do time and time again. If only he'd keep his word for once.

What's wrong with MSL posts?

What's wrong with anyone's posts??

If someone has a different opinion than you and disagrees with your constant kissing Axl's ass threads, why not express it? it's what forums are for... just swallow it, like everyone else does with your threads...

Kind of weird really. You know, for a guy that tried to publicly blackmail the band.

Andre -
Why would you expect at least three albums? Is Axl your slave or is he a free human being? If he's a free human being, shouldn't he be free to release however many albums he wants? Just as you are free to move on with your life if he doesn't release enough to satisfy you?
What obligation is Axl under to fulfill your expectations?
Who are you to say what Axl should or should not do with his life?
If Axl doesn't think it's time yet to introduce a new version of Oh My God, why does that make him stubborn? Because he's not doing what you want him to?
Instead of spending your time at work complaining online about things you don't like, why don't you find websites devoted to things you do like?
There are many of us that are VERY VERY HAPPY that GNR finally did a proper US tour for Chinese in 2011 and 2012.
And happy to see plenty of material from the new album instead of just a small handful of unfinished songs like in 2006.
Maybe you just hate your life and complaining about Axl Rose is a way to feel better about yourself?

Msl You talk about a language barrier, but in where did i state he had to fullfill my expectations or that Axl is my slave?

I specifically wrote that Axl is in no way obliged to fullfill fans expectations and that i'm not demanding anything from Axl.

Axl is free to do whatever he wants, and i'm free to have my expectations. Whether those are met or not, that's another story.

But i have never stated he was obliged to give me 2 or 3 albums....

Here's what i said: "Be aware that i'm not demanding that they do fullfill the fans expectations at all, but in my opinion, they should have released more albums by now, and i'm pretty sure there's plenty of people who agree with me.", "Between that time i and other fans would expect at least 3 albums. That doesn't mean we demand 3 albums, but that's what we would normally expect. I'll accept if you have a different opinion, but this is mine."

Sometimes i feel you don't read my posts at all... either that or you're trying to become another Jarmo...and that's the main reason why i left your website.

MSL is a joke. All he does is come here and attempt--and I stress the word "attempt"--to make himself feel intelligent and make others feel stupid. It's boring, actually. Same old refrain. Just like Nu.

I suppose if Nu tours Africa for the first time in 2025, that will be considered "putting out something new" since they haven't done any shows in Africa since the release of CD.

I also have to completely agree with Groghan and Username... Russel Nash and his little group definitely have attacked lots of posters that do have a different opinion than them. Not only that, but they also have destroyed interesting threads with their constant trolling.

One thing is to say something you completely disagree with something, or even say something with no knowledge and be corrected on the thread, or call out someone that you disagree with. Another thing is to do a thread of one topic, and have people like Russel Nash and others placing images mocking you, calling you names while doing no backing at all of their own opinions, and completely derail the thread.

Russel Nash and his friends have done that several times in my and other users threads without punishment.

I have done that myself once on the leaks thread and i was banned. It would be cool to have the same kind of treatment for every user that does it... but that's just me saying. The "law" here on the forum should be equal to everyone.... just saying.

Edited by AndreCC

>Kind of weird really. You know, for a guy that tried to publicly blackmail the band.

With one of your lies exposed, you now move on to the next one.

You've accused me of trying to publicly blackmail the band, which is hilarious for a few reasons (the main one being -- why would anyone publicly commit that kind of crime?).

Do you have any evidence to support your accusation? Or will you now quickly change the subject to your next lie?

Oh shut it, you douche. We all remember your videos and we've all seen your I'm leaving posts. I'm not going to debate you as you're one of the thickest people I've ever met online. It's not worth it.

I also have to completely agree with Groghan and Username... Russel Nash and his little group definitely have attacked lots of posters that do have a different opinion than them. Not only that, but they also have destroyed interesting threads with their constant trolling.

One thing is to say something you completely disagree with something, or even say something with no knowledge and be corrected on the thread, or call out someone that you disagree with. Another thing is to do a thread of one topic, and have people like Russel Nash and others placing images mocking you, calling you names while doing no backing at all of their own opinions, and completely derail the thread.

Russel Nash and his friends have done that several times in my and other users threads without punishment.

I have done that myself once on the leaks thread and i was banned. It would be cool to have the same kind of treatment for every user that does it... but that's just me saying. The "law" here on the forum should be equal to everyone.... just saying.

Poor Pocoyo, he doesn't know that i created this thread and that he his derailing it with pure shit.

Why bitch about a new album??...you claim to have 10 unreleased gnr songs ... Pffff loser!

Oh shut it, you douche. We all remember your videos and we've all seen your I'm leaving posts. I'm not going to debate you as you're one of the thickest people I've ever met online. It's not worth it.

Seems like a lot of excuses to me. Why are you making such a serious accusation and then refusing to back it up? Could it be that you were lying?

I bet you $10,000 that he isn't lying.