Is GNR sort of your favorite sports team?

Randy Lahey

Is GNR sort of your favorite sports team? Sure, they haven't had a winning season in awhile, and they release albums about as often as the World Cup if the World Cup took place every 20 years instead of every 4 years, but GNR is my team and they still play an exciting brand of music.

They remind me of the Major League movie version of the Cleveland Indians. And in turn that makes us Randy Quaid and the boys yelling from the outfield bleachers: Wild Thing, you need to rasp sing; Mickey Mouse, you make my ears bleed!

RandyQuaidXOut.jpg

Edited by Randy Lahey

A Buckethead leaving is just like a star player getting traded from your team. You keep up with what they're doing from time to time and are still a fan, but you don't care about their career as much as you once did. Meanwhile, you are fully aware that a guy on your team now, just released a flavoured hot sauce.

It's the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

GNR needs a rich billionaire from Saudi to come in and pay for 6 videos for CD and CD II. And another money to fix matches and pay for luxury yatchs and song writing hit bonuses. Oh, and a raft of PEDs is needed.

Edited by wasted

It would be fun to make some trades and sign some free agents. Bumble seems pretty disgruntled right now. I'd trade him, his hot sauce, Dizzy Reed and a case of heineken to Chickenfoot for Joe Satriani and Michael Anthony's hot sauce.

Edited by Randy Lahey

It's all so random and bizarre none of it makes sense. I think Slash said that he tried to make sense of it until he realised there was no rhyme or reason to it whatsoever. GN'R is more like a script being written for a future movie than anything else. For me anyhow. It's a fascinating story that continues on.