Could Axl prepare the release of a new GNR album without the knowledge of his bandmates?

Towelie

BBF has been very vocal about the bands lack of recording and about how a new album is a long way off etc. We read these interviews with DJ, Fortus and Ron and some fans hang on every word when it comes to talk of new material, but how much do any of Axl's bandmates actually know about his future plans for GNR?

Unlikely as it probably is, if Axl planned on releasing CDII in 2013, using mainly songs from the Finck-BH line-up, I can't really imagine him running this by his bandmates to make sure they were on board. Axl is the one who calls the shots in this band and with the wealth of material already recorded, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he compiled and released an album which the current line-up knew nothing about.

It was quite evident from various interviews during the recording of CD that Finck/BH and co weren't kept in the loop and didn't know when the album was going to see the light of day.

So here's my question: do you think Axl could prepare and ultimately release a new GNR album without the knowledge of his current bandmates??

Edited by Towelie

this isn't actually beyond the realms of possibility, you have a good point xD i cant imagine him phoning up Ashba to say he's releasing The General or Soul Monster. And we know Ashba hasn't recorded over Bucket or Fincks parts on CDII because as Bumble keeps saying, they havent recorded anything.

And lets face it, why would anyone want Bucket and Robin's bits re-recorded? :P

It's quite possible BBF wouldn't know about releasing new album. There's no need to record his guitar to old songs, since he already did that - I remember reading some interview when he said that after joining GN"R he was working on 2-3 songs per day for about three-four weeks, just adding his parts.

But I don't think Axl is getting ready to release something new this year. IMO in best case he will start thinking about new record by the end of this year. Which means we will get it in 2015 or 2016 (again - best case scenario).

It's quite possible BBF wouldn't know about releasing new album. There's no need to record his guitar to old songs, since he already did that - I remember reading some interview when he said that after joining GN"R he was working on 2-3 songs per day for about three-four weeks, just adding his parts.

But I don't think Axl is getting ready to release something new this year. IMO in best case he will start thinking about new record by the end of this year. Which means we will get it in 2015 or 2016 (again - best case scenario).

if u ask him on facebook he will confirm that he has recorded guitar parts to dozens of songs years ago.

on topic, it's possible

They re no bandmates.

They are employees!

No need to justify Axl acts. They have no vote

On GNR wheel.

They play, they get paid.

They travel appart from Axl like Room Service does with landlords.

They ll get an email with the announcement.

Axl rules

Edited by rosesforcure

They re no bandmates.

They are employees!

No need to justify Axl acts. They have no vote

On GNR wheel.

They play, they get paid.

They travel appart from Axl like Room Service does with landlords.

They ll get an email with the announcement.

Axl rules

does that make u feel happier ? :)

Its what it is. Doesnt make me happy. Sad neither. Its a fact.

To me its all about CD 2 n CD 3 if theres any. Once that, I will have no big interest in this band.

Magic is gone with this eveyday same setlist no surprise tour n I think for the old guard of fans too.

Edited by rosesforcure

There is no "band".

A band makes decisions collectively. When to tour. When to write. When to rehearse. When to release new music. What music to release. When to take the stage. Bands share decisions. Solo artists hire musicians and take them on tour. Solo artists make all of the above referenced decisions.

This is what Rose wanted. He wanted to make all of those decisions himself. He wanted the final word. And he has that now.

So the questions about new music should all be framed within that context. So the question should be "When will Rose release another solo album under the moniker of Guns N Roses?"

What is going to be interesting going forward is whether the current musician employees are willing to continue as touring musicians without being able to record new music. We know Dizzy will stay on forever no matter what. I suspect that Fortus will as well, and so will Pittman. I can see Thal, Stinson and even Ashba growing tired of the arrangement and leaving. They seem the most anxious to actually make new music and the most willing to leave once they realize that isn't going to happen.

Yes absolutly.

Dizzy was interviewed right as CD was being released and he said he hoped his parts made the album and he got called when it was time to tour. Meaning he no idea or say as to what was happening

There is no "band".

A band makes decisions collectively. When to tour. When to write. When to rehearse. When to release new music. What music to release. When to take the stage. Bands share decisions. Solo artists hire musicians and take them on tour. Solo artists make all of the above referenced decisions.

This is what Rose wanted. He wanted to make all of those decisions himself. He wanted the final word. And he has that now.

So the questions about new music should all be framed within that context. So the question should be "When will Rose release another solo album under the moniker of Guns N Roses?"

What is going to be interesting going forward is whether the current musician employees are willing to continue as touring musicians without being able to record new music. We know Dizzy will stay on forever no matter what. I suspect that Fortus will as well, and so will Pittman. I can see Thal, Stinson and even Ashba growing tired of the arrangement and leaving. They seem the most anxious to actually make new music and the most willing to leave once they realize that isn't going to happen.

THIS!

I don't think he gives doing new music much thought while he's on the road. DJ (and Sebastian) gave people a bunch of false hope on a follow up.

But if anyone thinks they're going to leave because there's no music, GNR has enough down time for them to all work on their own things to keep their creative sanity intact.

I think we will see Paul, Izzy, Duff, Brain, and Robin coming back to help out and contribute to the next album, but it'll be the band driving it forward.

I also think Axl wants to avoid all things that have to do with "when is the next album coming out", because he doesn't want people setting deadlines to it, he looked like an ass the last time(s) he did that.

Bowie did it right - he kept it under wraps until the artwork was done and put the video out the day of the announcement. No leaks got out. I hope GNR do the same and don't get second guessed by record companies. The budget to promote it will be less, but at least the control on when and how it's released will be a lot stronger.

Theres 2 albums done TIMEEEE ago and ready to drop at Axls will.

New writings n new songs from this current line up wont take place any time soon. Say 2018 lets talk about it n 2023 for a release.

Sorry for those who love this very band now but CD 2 n CD 3 have preference spot.

Just if Axl release best of both through a double with the best out of the 22 lefty pearls, then it could happen sooner.