In your experience, how do fellow concertgoers react to Chinese Democracy songs?

saber_

Chinese Democracy is the opener so obviously that has a great reaction alone for being the opener, we can't really say it is for the song itself. Maybe if Axl put CD further in the setlist we would be able to tell.

Better has a great reaction! People generally love that song, and see it as a Single. This i Love has a good reaction as well. Sorry has a good reaction as well.

IRS doesn't have that great of a reaction, Street of Dreams doesn't have that great of a reaction as well... Madagascar generates complete silence, so usually doesn't have that much of a reaction.

Shackler's generates so so reactions.

In both Dallas and the Vegas show I went to, the fans loved the new stuff. There was a man a few rows in front of me at the Dallas show and he was singing along with all the new CD songs like I was.

My son said at the Vegas show, he was in the pit and everyone was singing along with Axl. I especially loved Street of Dreams and I was singing along with Axl and I loved at the Vegas show when he would go to the top of one of the special ledges and sing every line while looking at the fans below.

Of course, the fans screamed louder to the older original stuff, but I think most fans do that with any band when they sing the songs everyone knows best! But all in all, at the shows I've seen, everyone seemed to enjoy all the songs.

What is interesting is that in other concerts of other bands (including Slash's) the new songs get much better reception than CD songs get at nuGNR shows. In Slash's gigs people were really excited with songs like Anastasia, Halo, Dr Alibi etc.

In nuGNR, the crowd reacted well to chinese democracy (which was the 1st song , so it doesn't count) and TIL. The other songs were bathroom time for most.

What is interesting is that in other concerts of other bands (including Slash's) the new songs get much better reception than CD songs get at nuGNR shows. In Slash's gigs people were really excited with songs like Anastasia, Halo, Dr Alibi etc.

In nuGNR, the crowd reacted well to chinese democracy (which was the 1st song , so it doesn't count) and TIL. The other songs were bathroom time for most.

Exactly why I say Slash's show is better. You could tell people were still getting familiar with Apocalyptic Love but people were singing along in big numbers audibly for stuff off the first album along with You're a Lie, Halo and Anastasia. People go nuts when some GN'R comes on but they're pumped for the new stuff whereas I felt like a massive doofus belting out CD songs whilst everyone around me was silent (I'm only guessing they were supposed to be hardcore fans too)

On average at least half of Bon Jovi's set these days is from the last 13 years and those songs are met with an only slightly less enthusiastic reaction than Prayer/Wanted/Bad Name.

That's because Jon does promotion, plays singles on tv shows around the world, plays live on radio, interacts with the fans, makes videos, plays award shows and benefit shows, does major press.

If Jon wanted to be like Axl, he'd open every show with a dud song from 2008 with no chorus and then follow it with the same 3 songs from Slipper When Wet. Every night. At every show.

Sorry, just bitchin'. On topic: the casual fans don't give a fuck about the Chinese material for the most part because it hasn't been promoted to even 10% of what it should have been.

TIL used to get a big round of applause after he sang the fuck out of the first chorus in 2010.