In your experience, how do fellow concertgoers react to Chinese Democracy songs?

saber_

In your experience, how do fellow concertgoers react to Chinese Democracy songs?

Some ancillary questions:

What are the concertgoer demographics at the shows? Some of you have been to a lotta shows. Who do you see at these shows?

Edited by brainsaber

Chinese gets received well, but it's the opening song, they could be doing My World and the place would be going nuts.

Sorry n TIL seems to be the one everyone heads to the bar for.

Shacklers n Better seem to get the crowd going well.

Catcher in The Rye, I've only seen twice and I was drunk. So no idea.

TIL gets a pretty good response. Better does sometimes. Maddy doesn't, but that's also down to it being really late in the set. The biggest lull in the 2012 set was Motivation-Dizzy Reed Solo-SOD.

I know you've been pushing for the whole "open with Scraped" thing. But Scraped doesn't hit hard enough. It opens with the tom-drum thing, which is cool. But the section following just continues to stay on the tom-drums. Then the verse hits with the closed high-hat. It would be better if the first "Don't you try to stop us now" was rid on a crash-symbol so it came in on a heavier, louder, hard-hit.

Basically, the beginning is too boring, even if it is fast-paced and cool. Just not a good opener.

Some ancillary questions:

What are the concertgoer demographics at the shows? Some of you have been to a lotta shows. Who do you see at these shows?

They keep drawing so many younger fresh-faced, enthusiastic and faithful fans! Definitely something i noticed. These types of fans were ready to digest it all.

At the three shows I attended in large arenas (only partially fileld of course) the CD songs where met with a deafening THUD. People sat down, went to the bathroom, got drinks. Nobody gave a shit.

At the show I went to in a small sold out club of 2700 people, EVERY song was met with enthusiasm, even the shitty solos and covers by the session players in Axl's band.

I think it all depends on the crowd. The small minority of hardcore fans will enjoy anything, and the casual concert-goer that just wants to hear Greatest Hits is gonna go take a piss during TIL.

Same with the Eagles show they opened with something off eden. Then less well known songs and people were playing with their phones. Then they played something off Hotel and the place erupted. Dylan was worse people only gave a shit about Tangled and Rollinstone. Desolation row was epic but the guy in front was playing zuma on his phone.

First rows (floor) all great. Other rows TIL and Better got good response.

All other songs: time to get drinks or use the bathroom!

Edited by MBRose

There were quite a few people around me that we're very into them, calling of requests for them, singing along with them. But I was in the front row, and probably surrounded by hardcore fans. I couldn't tell you how everyone in back was reacting.

Never forget seeing Guns in London 2012 and they started playing Estranged and I heard some guy behind me say "that must be one from that Chinese Takeaway album."

Ffs. Did you say something to him?

I was front row at my concert so I honestly didn't pay attention.

Never forget seeing Guns in London 2012 and they started playing Estranged and I heard some guy behind me say "that must be one from that Chinese Takeaway album."

Ffs. Did you say something to him?

I was front row at my concert so I honestly didn't pay attention.

Nah, I just laughed.

At the first Melbourne show this year had a guy standing next to my buddy start booing when the band finished CITR; he then screamed out "this is fucken shit, play the real Guns n roses" etc...I had a girl next to me sit down after the band finished CD and didn't get back up until her and her partner left and didn't return; very strange people...