MSL discusses Guns n Roses

jimb0

Is there some reason why it's being passed around in PMs and not just posted? Honest question

Hi Russ, It is not getting passed about. MSL was just being courteous to me because of what I posted, that is all.

Stop being coy. Clearly you're desperate to maintain some sort of "insider" reputation.

MSL has already said that members of his board are privy to this document. What they're trying to do is hold MyGNR to ransom through withholding the document.

Is there some reason why it's being passed around in PMs and not just posted? Honest question

Hi Russ, It is not getting passed about. MSL was just being courteous to me because of what I posted, that is all.

Stop being coy. Clearly you're desperate to maintain some sort of "insider" reputation.

MSL has already said that members of his board are privy to this document. What they're trying to do is hold MyGNR to ransom through withholding the document.

I am not being coy in any way shape or form, I simply have no interest anymore in anything like this whatsoever. I am just posting as a poster, say what I see, etc..

I am happy for you to read my PM's, and I give you full permission/access to them.

To be honest, I am quite offended by your post.

Edited by Mysteron

The insider love-in is needed to maintain the insider image. Yawn.

The msl/snooze interaction is way more interesting. Msl has been and gotten the docs and done the tour date math. Snooze claims to have actually been there, which is way different. The shading he gives to the situation, in light of the two differing versions of the memorandum, is pretty compelling.

I am not being coy in any way shape or form, I simply have no interest anymore in anything like this whatsoever. I am just posting as a poster, say what I see, etc..

I am happy for you to read my PM's, and I give you full permission/access to them.

Then stop partaking in MSL's game. What he's doing is withholding a point of interest in order to recruit new members to his website. This document is already circulating amongst dual members, so why don't you post it?

Edited by NGOG

Then stop partaking in MSL's game. What he's doing is withholding a point of interest in order to recruit new members to his website. This document is already circulating amongst dual members, so why don't you post it?

The point of interest being..... What does the rest of the document do

Go on newsboy, tell us

The point of interest being..... What does the rest of the document do

Go on newsboy, tell us

I'd imagine it won't trigger some sort of apocalypse, so at the very least, PM it to those expressing interest.

Newsboy? Is that some sort of attempt to belittle me? Why don't you tell us, esteemed insider?

Mysteron, why? Msl said he offered you the doc when everyone clearly wants to see it. Some might interpret this as a taunt.

You confirm he offered it and then say you've no interest. Some might interpret this as smug.

You then go on to comment repeatedly on this topic, one in which you claim to have no interest, in this thread.

You both clearly enjoy the attention that comes from being seen as 'insiders'. End of story.

September 1st, eh? As the 2004 submission claimed. While they were still on tour.

But the sig page is dated October. It really is choose you own adventure!

It does not matter, like I said, if there were two documents signed, it means they still lied, and it potentially makes it worse

We are matching up what they said with what happened

Here's page one. October is crossed out, but November added at the bottom and initialled.

http://tinypic.com/r/142fwd5/5

MSL, is that the same on yours?

Thank you for partially destroying MSL's monopoly on this topic.

Whatever floats your boat

No need to be offensive though

Is stating the truth offensive? If the truth offends you, sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by NGOG

seems to be some confusion here about how legal documents work.

some of you seem to be under the impression that an added section that's been initialed indicates it was something put into the document after it had been originally signed.

that's not how it works. contracts evolve over time during negotiations before putting pen to paper to sign the final agreement. clauses may have been added since the first time the agreement was read, so it's important to have parties acknowledge they are aware of the changes so they don't claim something was snuck into the agreement in between it first being drafted and eventually being signed.

that is why you have the parties initial where the changes took place, so they can't later claim they were unaware of the revisions.

to suggest that somehow these clauses were added after october 21, 1992 shows a tremendous amount of ignorance. not only is that not how contracts work, but slash and duff's lawsuit makes no mention whatsoever of any later agreement. it is complete fiction on the part of snooze to suggest that perhaps these clauses were added later on after execution of the agreement.

also, it's hilarious that i've been given so much shit for not posting all 9 pages as if i'm hiding something that would hurt my argument, yet snooze is given a pass for not posting all 9 pages. believe me, if i was hiding something that would hurt my argument, snooze would be very eager to post it. he doesn't want to post all 9 pages because doing so would only bolster my position.

i haven't posted all 9 pages because i have no interest in smoking gun style document leaks. i posted what was needed for the analysis of my article and don't care to put the inner workings of the old band on display. slash and duff made the signing date fair game by lying publicly about signing over the name backstage before a show under duress.

as axl has insisted, that never happened. axl was telling the truth. those in denial will remain in denial and that is fine. i love you all.

But did they lie in court or try to in the lawsuit?

Also, could the contract be back dated to 92 but signed in 93?

Other than that, if it went to court surely those who were with them when they signed would be called?

Even if they signed off the road, I think there was still some duress, in their minds at least and given the circumstances. But Axl has the right to quit if they don't sign, is he legally obligated to tour or do anything as GNR??

. Snooze claims to have actually been there, which is way different. The shading he gives to the situation, in light of the two differing versions of the memorandum, is pretty compelling.

To clarify, I was not there. I wasn't in the loop until a few years later, but I was pretty much there for the 2004 lawsuit and the many years leading up to it.
I took a quick look at my files again, and there are a LOT of agreements, contracts or references to agreements/contracts over the course of the Sept/Oct '92 time period, including partnership, the label, management, etc.. The band was definitely in 'business' mode. They seemed to be adding clauses and revamping things as they went, which is to be expected. It doesn't answer any date questions re: the clause, but it does attest to the volume of paperwork these guys had to contend with.
HubbaBubba, thanks for focussing on the what is important, ie: the 'shading'. Amazing people keep harping on one page from a three foot stack of paperwork. Can't see the forest for the trees.
Slash and Duff resented the hell out of the clause but they would have signed it two, three or four times over on any date, because there wouldn't have been a band if they didn't.

Snooze, for the benefit of those reading, would you clarify your role in that aspect of GNR history?

NGOG

Go to bed, really. You are spoiling the thread.

See, unlike you career insiders, I'd actually like to provide clarity for those not "in the loop".

While you and your cohorts may be aware of Snooze's role, most will not.

Snooze, for the benefit of those reading, would you clarify your role in that aspect of GNR history?

In a word? No. And to make it more clear, I do not want to see anything I post go outside this thread. I'm posting it because not a lot of the sane people out there are going to read through 60+ pages of this ridiculous topic.

Edit: nevermind.

It was fun for a while

The NGOG elephant running loose now, so time to go to bed. Enjoyed posting though there for a while :)

Night

Why would anybody be remotely bothered by you going to bed? Are you Axl or somebody of significance?