MSL discusses Guns n Roses

jimb0

So you're claiming expertise in the workings of contracts, meaning that you would obviously be aware that any contract should be considered in its entirety, not in bits and pieces, and yet you're not posting the whole thing.

How is that not taking the piss? Serious question. If you really understand contacts like you claim (and I believe you) then you're talking about both sides of your mouth.

I don't really care either way, just pointing it out that to other people who also understand how contracts work your position is dodgy.

It doesn't matter what the contract says. The focus of my story was when it was signed. I posted the portion in regards to the name simply to show that I did have access to the agreement and wasn't posting a random signature page. If someone wants to track down the agreement and post it, I can't stop them. It's public record. But my article had nothing to do with whether the contract was fair or unfair. It simply had to do with when it was signed and whether Slash and Duff lied about it being signed backstage under duress.

Common sense has always indicated that their story was bullshit, but I figured some people would still be curious to see their actual dated signatures.

But I do think it's hilarious that some of you think somehow I'm hiding something that would contradict my story. Meanwhile, Snooze has tried everything possible to contradict my story, has the full agreement, and yet doesn't post it because he knows doing so would bolster my story. Interesting.

ok, I take it back. Contracts are not built or validated on principles of fair or unfair.

Congrats for validating that there is a signed contract on a given date though.

ABC 123, for the children

MSL posted something that questioned the integrity of Slash and Duff. Each band member has given a story of signing one document which hands over the GN'R name to Axl.

A piece of paper which is signed and witnessed, is a contract. There is fluff, but it is a contract.

We are presented with a signed and presumed witnessed document with dates. We have three stories, Axl's one from the three stories appears to be the correct one

Slash and Duff state they signed a single contract under duress during touring. The dates show they were not touring. There is no mention by anyone anywhere of a second contract. And why would Slash and Duff sign one anyway

The arguments of looking at the whole contract are fine, but what you are arguing here is whether the contract is illegal, and that is a fine and valid argument. If it is not, then Axl has no right to the name. However, this has nothing to do with MSL's argument which is merely questioning the integrity of Slash and Duff as human beings, as truthsayers or liars during the 90s

Given the links here to Slash and Duff, if they were appalled by what is assumed by this, they would have spoken out by now.

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 1

ABC 123, for the children

MSL posted something that questioned the integrity of Slash and Duff. Each band member has given a story of signing one document which hands over the GN'R name to Axl.

A piece of paper which is signed and witnessed, is a contract. There is fluff, but it is a contract.

We are presented with a signed and presumed witnessed document with dates. We have three stories, Axl's one from the three stories appears to be the correct one

Slash and Duff state they signed a single contract under duress during touring. The dates show they were not touring. There is no mention by anyone anywhere of a second contract. And why would Slash and Duff sign one anyway

The arguments of looking at the whole contract is fine, but what you are arguing here is whether the contract is illegal, and that is a fine and valid argument. If it is not, then Axl has no right to the name. However, this has nothing to do with MSL's argument which is merely questioning the integrity of Slash and Duff as human beings, as truthsayers or liars during the 90s

Given the links here to Slash and Duff, if they were appalled by what is assumed by this, they would have spoken out by now.

+1 I'm out of likes.

This is the mother of all the points in this discussion:

"Slash and Duff state they signed a single contract under duress during touring. The dates show they were not touring. There is no mention by anyone anywhere of a second contract. And why would Slash and Duff sign one anyway"

They lied about signing a contract under duress... that's it. You only need that to at least be suspicious of the rest...

We all need new hobbies.

We all need to support the current band, cause after all they're the ones who are gonna give us music, tours etc... The rest is a complete dead horse, yesterdays civil war...

We need to make sure the record label understands that this band is admired and that we really WANT new music, so when they're doing the negotiations, they know that the band still has a fan base and still has a market. (We meaning all of us, and even people that don't come to the forums)

Edited by AndreCC

We all need new hobbies.

We all need to support the current band, cause after they're the ones who are gonna give us music, tours etc... The rest is a complete dead horse, yesterdays civil war...

We need to make sure the record label understands that this band is admired and that we really WANT new music, so when they're doing the negotiations, they know that the band still has a fan base and still has a market. (We meaning all of us, and even people that don't come to the forums)

So let me get this straight. It is up to us (the fans) to convince the record label that GN'R is relevent enough to release new music? That's your point right? No, I'm sorry it's up to Axl and Team Brazil to show everybody that they are relevent and can release new music. Christ, this band can't even release a DVD of something that was already recorded. If only we (The Fans) convinced the distributor.

We all need new hobbies.

We all need to support the current band, cause after they're the ones who are gonna give us music, tours etc... The rest is a complete dead horse, yesterdays civil war...

So let me get this straight. It is up to us (the fans) to convince the record label that GN'R is relevent enough to release new music? That's your point right? No, I'm sorry it's up to Axl and Team Brazil to show everybody that they are relevent and can release new music. Christ, this band can't even release a DVD of something that was already recorded. If only we (The Fans) convinced the distributor.

If there's no fans, there's no market, if there's no market, they won't bother releasing it.

How do you know that the dvd isn't going to get released?... is it too late to be released for you? To me it can very well still be released!

Edited by AndreCC

Integrity is so important to alot of people on forums

Guns do not release music very often, but there are thousands of fans interested in the day to day politics of GN'R, and what is said about their history. Multiple GN'R forums, more than most bands who are current, remained active and popular prior to the release of CD.

So something like this strikes at the heart of old discussion, because if Slash and Duff have allegedly misinterpreted this aspect of Guns history, what else have they allegedly misinterpreted.

We do not live Axl's life day to day, but if this is the kind of shannanigans he has had to deal with, then it is no wonder he was delayed in releasing new music

It appears to be a bitter divorce, and the merry business wives of Axl, Slash and Duff, took a long time to move on.

• Like 2

Well, since everyone here looks to be grandstanding and concerned with one-upping the other side, I'm gonna peace out of this piece of shit thread and discussion, so someone please PM me if any of these attention whores decides that we can evaluate the full document ourselves and posts it.

I can't believe we're going on like this. This band is so fucking lame.

• Like 1

Well, since everyone here looks to be grandstanding and concerned with one-upping the other side, I'm gonna peace out of this piece of shit thread and discussion, so someone please PM me if any of these attention whores decides that we can evaluate the full document ourselves and posts it.

I can't believe we're going on like this. This band is so fucking lame.

What is the full document going to prove to you?

I submitted a request to the smokinggun.com to post any documents pertaining to GnR contracts. They might be interested. They have a few GnR-related things on there.

I don't think this would become a huge story outside of the forum members.

• Like 1

I submitted a request to the smokinggun.com to post any documents pertaining to GnR contracts. They might be interested. They have a few GnR-related things on there.

I don't think this would become a huge story outside of the forum members.

Uh, ok. I never said anything about it being a big story. Not really sure how that relates to my post whatsoever. Thanks though.